We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you finished and your thoughts

Go down 
+27
The Christ
Cube
Buskalilly
ZeroSuitSamus2
awesomedude
Rum
ShadoWolf
SuperPaperLink
Vidofnir
mandlecreed
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Admin
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Balladeer
Silver light
nupkin
ZeroJones
Athrun888
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2013 - 9:30

Haha, yeah, now that I finished it I can totally see why it gets likened to being about being an errand boy. The core game definitely suffered, but I'll be honest and admit I don't mind too much. The dungeons were probably where the game could have been improved a lot looking back, make them longer and more complex rather than most of them not really even being dungeons and I don't think the errand running shortcomings would have been as noticeable.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2013 - 10:03

I think the fact that I read the spoiler anyway, despite being only halfway through the game, is telling; but I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2013 - 16:13

Katawa Shoujo, Lilly's route.

That was beautiful. There's no other words for it. Just beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2013 - 22:54

Luigi's Mansion 2. A not-so-original but, in this day, unique experience. Properly funny (well, a bit) but I no longer have hardcore abilities or patience (especially on a handheld) so restarting a level from the beginning was a pain. 8/10
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2013 - 22:57

Don't die then Razz 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyFri 26 Jul 2013 - 7:48

8/10?  Blasphemy!  What 3DS games would you have given a 9 or above, Jimbob?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyFri 26 Jul 2013 - 10:49

Fire Emblem Razz 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptySat 27 Jul 2013 - 8:53

Last of Us good but not 10/10 best thing since sliced bread good. Thought game-play was linear, story was good and well done but nothing to shocking or anything.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 8:21

andyman949 wrote:
don't die then Razz
Balladeer wrote:
8/10?  Blasphemy!  What 3DS games would you have given a 9 or above, Jimbob?
I'm not really a handheld game person; I think the problem is that I can still see too much of the outside world, and therefore don't fully concentrate!
Actually, Animal Crossing I'd give a 10 to. And, being the hypocrite I am, I'm glad Luigi's Mansion got 90s in the media.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Jul 2013 - 10:15

Luigi's Mansion 2, just yesterday. It was a sweet little game but I'm more with Jimbob than the majority: good but not great. Like the original it felt a bit short (though it is of course far longer than its predecessor!) but definitely good fun.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Jul 2013 - 13:37

Yu-Gi-Oh Reshef of Destruction(GBA). This game has taken years of my life, literally years. It had a reasonably decent storyline that [kinda sorta] followed the story of the TV series, but it's a helluva a lot harder than watching the TV series. Perhaps one of the most frustratingly tough AI I've ever played against (Imagine playing chess against a more up to date Deep Blue).
However, after getting lucky and beating the final boss in the game with the most powerful card in the game I felt a happiness that I rarely get from games. Perhaps that was konami's plan all along?

Easy to grasp, nearly impossible to master: 6/10
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2013 - 0:16

Super Metroid. It is packed with hard-to-find secrets, but still feels totally fair (quicksand in Meridia is an exception). It never stops being a fun experience to control - you'll press buttons (dash, aim) even when you don't need to. There are only 2 cutscenes where you're not in charge of Samus. These last two sentences are of course related.

10/10
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2013 - 11:00

Spider-Man: Edge Of Time. *shudder*

Sometimes my non-gaming interests conflict with my gaming interests. I love Spider-Man. I bought and beat Shattered Dimensions and, though it was very broken in places, it was fun, and varied, and very Spider-y. So when I saw Edge Of Time in GAME's pre-owned section a couple of months ago I thought "Why not?" Let me detail why not for you.

However broken Shattered Dimensions was, Edge Of Time is worse. It crashed twice on the way to being beaten in about seven hours. Spider-Man failed to crawl up walls if you pointed him at a certain angle. The combat came down to mashing down on the remote D-pad, with an occasional left to take out the guys with shields. The levels are more empty than my cat's brain (and she spent a good portion of last night trying to attack a door handle). The controls don't give anything like the sense of freedom that should accompany being Spider-Man. There was a huge but not game-breaking bug (no pun intended) just before the final boss met his doom. Compared to Shattered Dimensions, it's as if they took two steps backward and one step back, for good measure. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by ZeroJones on Sat 3 Aug 2013 - 9:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra hatred!)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyThu 1 Aug 2013 - 12:44

Pikmin 2 which I was slightly dissapointed in, there was far too many caves to explore and not enough above ground, the thought of trawling through those caves has put me off 100%ing it. The worst part is you can't make pikmin from cave beasts so I found my troops to be a bit short.

Sin and Punishment 2 which was naff, it had the odd good boss fight but everything else about the game from the graphics to most of the levels were naff.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyThu 1 Aug 2013 - 17:13

Pikmin 3. Beautiful and brilliant, apart from the final area and enemy which is so damn awful.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyThu 1 Aug 2013 - 23:19

Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!! on DS. Could easily be mistaken for a 16Bit-era platformer, minus any of the challenge. I'd recommend it if you're a fan of the show, retro-style platformers or WayForward. Caution: I beat the adventure 100% in under four-and-a-half hours (though something does become available after the credits roll).
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 1:00

Lone Survivor. Creepy-ass game with a kicking soundtrack and fantastic atmosphere - like a 2D Resi with some psychological horror elements. Recommended!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 10:44

In what's been a very productive week on the games front, last night I beat The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Ages. It's a beautiful game, with real heart to the story and surprising heft to the puzzles. I really enjoyed my time with it - now on to Oracle Of Seasons! Grin
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptySat 3 Aug 2013 - 0:19

http://www.bitparade.co.uk/article.php?id=3061
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptySat 3 Aug 2013 - 16:34

Pikmin 3

Simply fantastic stuff & unlike dusty I didn't mind the final area/boss...........

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyTue 6 Aug 2013 - 8:46

New Super Luigi U's Bowser got his large rump handed to him last night. There are still lots of Star Coins and secret exits out there, though.

If I'd got this as the DLC I'd be a lot happier about it; as it is, the £35 price point stinks. If you take the cost out of the equation, you've got to recommend New Super Luigi U. Fun, challenging, gorgeous and playful.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 1:03

Yep I also finished off Luigi U 100% today, they really crank it up in superstar road as well with some gloriously designed levels in which will have you turning the air blue.

Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 1:17

The_Jaster wrote:
Yep I also finished off Luigi U 100% today, they really crank it up in superstar road as well with some gloriously designed levels in which will have you turning the air green.  

Seemed more fitting.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 1:23

Question

Very Happy <--- why is he blue when he's called Mr Green?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 13:56

Question

Tell me what you think about me, I've got my own diamonds and I've got my own rings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you finished and your thoughts
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next