We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you finished and your thoughts

Go down 
+27
The Christ
Cube
Buskalilly
ZeroSuitSamus2
awesomedude
Rum
ShadoWolf
SuperPaperLink
Vidofnir
mandlecreed
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Admin
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Balladeer
Silver light
nupkin
ZeroJones
Athrun888
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptyThu 8 Aug 2013 - 0:31

beemoh wrote:
Question

Tell me what you think about me, I've got my own diamonds and I've got my own rings.

Laughing 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptyThu 8 Aug 2013 - 1:08

Finished Hotline Miami - very cool game with probably the best soundtrack I've heard in a game in a long long time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptyFri 9 Aug 2013 - 10:29

Pikmin 3, It was good
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 21:20

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.  All up a pretty fun game, I actually ended up liking it more than two.  Ezio was cool throughout and the villain was suitably hateable, and the setting being Rome was very nice.  All up if I was to give it a score out of ten I'd probably giver it a very solid 8.5.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 22:00

Brotherhood's probably my favourite of the series - good story, builds on the already stellar second game and isn't bloated like its sequels.

I recently finished Castle Crashers for the umpteenth time. One of my favourite games, but it can be so so frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 23:14

Recently I've finished:
Pikmin 3 which was amazing
DmC: Devil May Cry which is probably my favourite Devil May Cry game (excluding 4 which I've not played).
Spec Ops The Line which disapointed me storywise as it had been made out to be amazing but really wasn't. The game play was better than I had expected though so pros and cons.
Metroid Prime 3 which is now my favourite Metroid game probably because the artifact hunt was far less of a ball ache than usual.
Mortal Kombat on Vita which was a surprisingly good platform to play it on even if the in fight graphics weren't up to much. Shao Khan was not a fun fight though and it led to much spamming.

Think that's it for now but it feels like I've forgotten something.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 9:22

andyman949 wrote:
Metroid Prime 3 which is now my favourite Metroid game...
Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 Tumblr_me6m1skbZ91r8z5tyo1_500
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 9:40

I liked the multiple planets and I liked the fact it wasn't just an ice, a fire, a phazon etc. Sure the other characters weren't amazing but the other hunters led to some good boss fights. I wasn't overly fond of 2 but I think 3 just pips 1.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 18:16

I'd agree with you in 3 being better than 2, but I just like the original Prime so much. It feels very close to a perfect game in my eyes.

Also, you ought to play DMC4, it's pretty damn good if you can look past all the existential angst that's prevalent in the story.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 18:18

I'm definitely 1, 2, 3, Hunters person.  3 was just too shootybang and not enough exploreybang. 2 had a lot of problems though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 18:25

2 had a lot of pacing issues, and the whole light/dark world thing had been done to death and was cumbersome. It was still a Prime game, so obviously it was a rather good game, but I just can't rate it above Corruption.

Also, props on the use of a Lucille Bluth gif.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 18:40

Prime 2 is my favourite, loved the whole light/dark world mechanic.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 18:43

I went in expecting 3 to be far more shooty as I always hear about how shooty it is but I really felt it was very much a Prime game and I didn't find it much more shooty myself.

As for DMC 4 I was planning on playing it after the trilogy but I've only started playing that recently as I kept trying to play 1 and failing. I really want to go back to 3 and finish it first though. Who knows what will happen!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 14:30

JayMoyles wrote:
Also, props on the use of a Lucille Bluth gif.
I don't deserve those props: I merely entered "judging gif" into Google. Never heard of her.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 22:51

DuckTales: Remastered has been bested after three and a half hours playtime, having skipped some cutscenes and having watched others (so maybe closer to three hours of actual game time).

I found it to be a real mixed bag. The character animation is absolutely fantastic, and the soundtrack even more so. Both are sensational, and amongst the very best on Wii U. However, the controls are untrustworthy, the enemies and boss battles are a bit simple and dull, the cutscenes are generally a waste of time and it's a right bandit at times - I wish the download price was as cheap as the difficulty.

A little bit of a disappointment, but not too bad a game all the same.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 9:29

I beat Oracle Of Seasons yesterday, and the linked game boss, too. It was tough at the end but a great send-off for a beautiful pair of games. They each had their own ideas and spins on classic Zelda tropes, which I think is brilliant (no hook shot? Why not have magnetic gloves instead?). Sad to see them both go.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2013 - 1:03

I also finished Seasons last night, but don't have anything new to say that I haven't said already.

Unlike Mr. Z. Jones, I haven't done the linked boss, however.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 13:09

WarioWare: Touched!, which I only bought at the weekend. It didn't seem as big as the other WW games I've played but it was still good fun. Perhaps the time limits could have been tightened on some of the games...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 10:37

Pikmin 3. I thought it was over too quickly, but then I realised I just couldn't stop playing it. If Nintendo have got heir DLC arses in gear, they could make a s*** load of money with extra missions.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 12:25

Jimbob wrote:
Pikmin 3. I thought it was over too quickly, but then I realised I just couldn't stop playing it. If Nintendo have got heir DLC arses in gear, they could make a s*** load of money with extra missions.
I looked at the DLC page in Fire Emblem yesterday. Man alive...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 13:12

Retro City Rampage - a top-down GTA style throwback bursting at the seams with classic videogame and TV/Film references. It relies on those references a little bit too much to get by, but it's a solid effort. A highlight was visiting the in-game arcade area and finding a fully playable version of Bit Trip Runner.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 13:20

JayMoyles wrote:
Retro City Rampage - a top-down GTA style throwback bursting at the seams with classic videogame and TV/Film references. It relies on those references a little bit too much to get by, but it's a solid effort. A highlight was visiting the in-game arcade area and finding a fully playable version of Bit Trip Runner.
I'd really like to try that game out on Vita. It seems like a perfect fit.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 17:22

Definitely worth a pop if you can get it for a decent price. I had a good bit of fun with it, killed about six hours or so and I'm sure if you spent more time exploring/causing havoc you could get more from it.

I just finished Proteus in a single sitting. Bizarre sort of pseudo-game, aiming to be like Flower and Journey. I don't know what to make of it - it's just walking around a very pretty island whilst atmospheric sounds and nice-sounding music plays. I'd have been disappointed if I'd spent money on it, but I got it as part of a Humble Bundle so I'm not too fussed. An hour of weirdness.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 13:05

I heard that Retro City Rampage is coming to the 3DS. Dance
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 15:44

I finished Tales of Graces f during my time of seclusion from reality.  Fun game, the story was predictable personified but the cast was great due to the hilarious skits and cast, and the battle system was simply amazing.  I'm also liking the addition of the extra part at the end of the story with the extra arc they added on for f.  I'll probably shoot for some of the trophies in a New Game Plus when I've finished the arc and move on to something else.

Oh, and one thing it has above Abyss? No constant backtracking to Daath/Baticul/Mulkuth to play messenger boy. On the other hand I missed Luke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you finished and your thoughts
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next