We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Go down 
+20
The Christ
beemoh
fronkhead
Rum
Jimbob
Admin
Solve My Maze
Vidofnir
SuperPaperLink
Treesmurf
Axis1500
Sentinator
Balladeer
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
Buskalilly
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 0:05

I want it on launch now after seeing the latest trailer. DAMN YOU! 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Nov 2013 - 9:45

CVG's game of the week is not a PS4 launch game. Several other sources seem to like it too.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Nov 2013 - 9:49

Yeah I tweeted last night, so in Europe the best game out on the 22nd is from Nintendo and the best game out on the 29th is also from Nintendo (it seems by IGN's leak it will be).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 11:52

Nintendo working with other studios on its big titles isn't anything new, but it's nevertheless interesting to note that Monolith Soft's name appears in the end credits to The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

The Xenoblade creator — which is a subsidiary of Nintendo — isn't a stranger to the Zelda franchise. It also helped out on Skyward Sword, but its involvement with Link Between Worlds hasn't been revealed previously.

The news was reported by German site Nintendo Online.

From NintendoLife

I got the game today and the collector's edition, just wondering anyone who's got the standard version does it have a shiny cover and flippable.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 22 Nov 2013 - 23:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New stuff)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptySat 23 Nov 2013 - 1:47

My copy of this arrived on Thursday & it really is brilliant stuff & if it keeps up its early pace it may become my favourite 3ds game, I've already swooped up the three pendants & the master sword but after that I wasn't sure what to do next so I done some side quests & managed to upgrade my Bow & my boomerang. Grin
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptySat 23 Nov 2013 - 7:14

I will admit that I'm not hating it
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptySat 23 Nov 2013 - 21:53

shanks wrote:
I will admit that I'm not hating it
High praise indeed. Haven't started it yet. I think I might go do that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 0:19

I have my sword and that's about as far as I have got so far
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 10:40

I was really surprised to learn that this was co-developed. That's a good thing, though, as it's obviously paid dividends if the reviews are anything to go by. I've asked for this for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 15:32

Loving this game, though I'm trying to take my time with it.
Just entered the Temple of Windypops or whatever you call it and got my first Shadow Link streetpass.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Nov 2013 - 18:29

The current tagline just reminded me that this game has no companion holding your hand all the way through it & it's all the more better for it, I'm not far off the end now but I may hold off from doing the final part to get all the heart containers etc.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Nov 2013 - 1:17

Indeed. I've really enjoyed this game so far, and while Zelda means different things to different people, it's quite refreshing to play a Zelda game that's all about the actual interactive game to an even greater degree to what we are used to, and to be left to our own devices and just get lost in the game's world. Literally at times.

That I'm on the final hour of the game without the Pegasus Boots speaks volumes as to how open the game's design is.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Nov 2013 - 2:01

Aye. I love the fact it can be tackled in any order & yet you never feel like "oh I shouldn't be in this area yet" it also just gives it a greater sense of adventure which for me is what Zelda is about as you explore every nook & cranny to try find all its secrets.

I don't think I've ever had that feeling with a 3d Zelda.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Nov 2013 - 11:08

Liking so far which is isn't that surprising as I love Zelda but never really got on with the 2D one's that much.

I'm just heading to get the 3rd pendent, not sure how much time I will give this game though as I have wind waker hd nearly finished and then with mario & ps4. It will take a back seat but be great to come back to over the next few month's where there is nothing coming out.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Nov 2013 - 12:25

This is already taking a bit of a back seat at the moment with a couple of Jap games arriving earlier then expected and they Mario and if it arrives at EB on time One Piece romance dawn. So I may get to this properly at some stage though as you all know I'm not the games biggest fan so I'm in no rush really
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 7:48

Since I couldn't sleep last night I decided to mop up the remaining heart pieces & master sword upgrades, just got around 25 of those creatures to collect then I'll be tackling the final battle.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyThu 28 Nov 2013 - 8:12

Blimey, Jas, sounds like you'll have done the whole lot before I've even started! Shocked At least I know it's good...
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 1:18

I finished this today. I haven't gotten all the heart containers and found every secret yet, but I've done all the exploration I could have over my quest without combing the lands. But yes, this really has been one of the most enjoyable Zeldas I've experienced in years. No Zelda's kept me this hooked to the core experience.

The Endgame exceeded my expectations by miles. I don't wish to spoil any of it, but I almost cried a tear because of how good it was, and how everything came together so well.

The_Jaster wrote:
Aye. I love the fact it can be tackled in any order & yet you never feel like "oh I shouldn't be in this area yet" it also just gives it a greater sense of adventure which for me is what Zelda is about as you explore every nook & cranny to try find all its secrets.
Definitely. What's even more remarkable is how the game's inspired wonder and adventure despite its Link To The Past roots. I love how it also uses your knowledge of the game against you. Would have never found out how to get the Pegasus Boots on my own...

Stu_the_great wrote:
I was really surprised to learn that this was co-developed. That's a good thing, though, as it's obviously paid dividends if the reviews are anything to go by. I've asked for this for Christmas.
Good point to raise about Monolith Soft. It looks like they don't have any core developer duties, with it being a separate small team in Kyoto that helps out with certain tasks to relieve resources off Nintendo: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/05/monolith-softs-new-kyoto-studio-sounds-like-a-great-place-to-work/
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 2:06

Like Fronk I also finished this today but I went the whole hog & collected/upgraded everthing, the ending did come together really well which was nice as I was worried for a bit that I'd be disappointed by part of the plot but nope it had me grinning from ear to ear. Very Happy 

BEST. GAME. ON. 3DS.
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyThu 5 Dec 2013 - 17:17

I'm at what I assume to be the END BAD GUY™ - it killed me. But this game, godammit, it blows Skyward Sword, and any other overblown, overstretched Zelda away. It's Zelda as it should be (in my opinion) - compact yet massive(ish).

Those complaining there's not enough story in there should go back to LttP, where the same "problem" occurs. But then be reminded to appreciate the guts of the game which still make up my favourite Zelda of all time before whinging about the lack of story elements.

I only have two complaints though.

1. The dungeons were never that difficult. I'd have loved a Misery Mire or even a Water Temple (N64 version - not the "OH LOOK THEY'VE LIT THE WAY ON THE WALLS" 3DS remake one) style mental workout from some of the latter dungeons.

2. Why can't Link jump down stuff with his sword drawn? I wanna charge my blade, then jump down behind an enemy and SWOOSH before they know what's going on.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyThu 5 Dec 2013 - 20:49

mandlecreed wrote:
Those complaining there's not enough story in there should go back to LttP, where the same "problem" occurs. But then be reminded to appreciate the guts of the game which still make up my favourite Zelda of all time before whinging about the lack of story elements.
LttP doesn't rank all too highly among the Zelda pantheon in my mind for pretty much exactly this reason. I hoped this one would have slightly better storytelling... Guess not. Aww! 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyFri 6 Dec 2013 - 10:03

That's another thing I prefer in 2d/top down Zelda's even though the story is stripped back when compared to the 3d games its more believable that you're the hero as it allows you to fill in the blanks with your imagination again giving it a greater sense of adventure.

As for the dungeons while not "water temple hard" some are still quite challenging.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyTue 10 Dec 2013 - 11:36

I just image-searched for Ravio. DON'T DO IT GUYZ. Massive spoilers alert. Hissy fit

Unless, y'know, you've finished the game and stuff.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013 - 10:22

I feel for you, Balladeer. That spoiler is what made the story wrap together really nicely.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013 - 11:47

I've also seen the spoiler thanks to the interweb, but now I'm actually excited to see how it all comes together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next