We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Go down 
+20
The Christ
beemoh
fronkhead
Rum
Jimbob
Admin
Solve My Maze
Vidofnir
SuperPaperLink
Treesmurf
Axis1500
Sentinator
Balladeer
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
Buskalilly
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 19:56

Linebeck was great in PH, I enjoyed the game though the temple of the ocean king was annoying. Spirit tracks on the other hand... I did not like at all.
Back to top Go down
SuperPaperLink
Stability Update
SuperPaperLink

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 10:16

PH was awesome I thought, the boating was quite fun too. Never got round to buying ST, but am planning on bulking out my DS/3DS collection with games other than Pokemon aha.

Plus older DS games can be bought for dirt cheap Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 16:28

Yeah, I just recently picked up a second-hand Spirit Tracks for about £7. I've yet to discover if its worth seven pounds.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 0:45

I didn't get on with Spirit Tracks either, I'm probably willing to give it another try sometime but yeah, it wasn't great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 8:27

Spirit Tracks did not make friends with me in the same way that Phantom Hourglass did. Nintendo Life assures us that LttP 2 will have button controls, which is a good thing for me. Can't wait for this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 18:07

I honestly can't wait for this. It looks amazing in 2D, although to be fair, I'm not fussed on the whole 3D effect any more. It'll be interesting to see how it fits into the timeline but I honestly can't see this disappointing the masses.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 18:20

I find that after ten minutes of a game or film, I stop even noticing the 3D.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 18:23

LM2 has brought 3D back into prominence (ha!) for me. This could do more of the same. It looks wonderful from the eShop trailer.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 19:43

Buskalilly wrote:
treesmurf11 wrote:
Watching the video reminded me of playing through Phantom Hourglass and with that being one of my favourite DS games I'm properly excited for this, the 3D effect looks pretty good too.

yay! Someone else who enjoyed PH. I was starting to think everyone else in the world hated it.

Phantom Hourglass is still my favourite portable Zelda.

I've yet to see the trailer in 3D, but my first impression of the visual style was a bit... eww. I'm sure it'll look fab in 3D though, so I'll update my thoughts when I see it. And yes, I'm a huge Link to the Past fan, and clearly this is intended to mimic the visuals of that game (for obvious reasons).

Interesting inclusion of the Wind Waker hieroglyph Link, there. Let's hope they've got lots of evil puzzles for the concept. I presume this is going to be a fully-retail release? My initial impression upon seeing the trailer was that it could be an eShop outing; thinking more about it, that seems like a bit of a stupid idea for such a high-profile series.

Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 3:06

Oh good so I wasn't the only one that thought that about the visuals, did notice Link looks like the LTTP link, well he hasn't got the bright yellow hair
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 7:50

LttP Link still has purple hair for me.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 Zelda_Link_to_the_Past_Walkthrough_CL_03112009
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 19:53

Buskalilly wrote:
I find that after ten minutes of a game or film, I stop even noticing the 3D.

This. After a short while, if you notice the 3D, it's because something's become jarring.

But hey, Zelda!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 18:07

Noo traylor. Not a huge amount of new stuff, if I'm honest.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 7:38

You were honest: apart from the paperising wall thing, it looks like an A Link To The Past remake. Which is still somewhat exciting, to be fair! Grin
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 8:01

I'm still going to get it but every time I see it I can't help but think meh. Like the rest of you are with Yoshi Meh
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013 - 21:56

Some amazing official artwork appears!

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 Char
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013 - 22:08

I want that on my wall in a frame.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013 - 2:45

Love how link looks more like they how they used to draw him back in the snes days.

I approve this. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2013 - 7:19

I still miss the purple hair.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jun 2013 - 12:00

Balladeer wrote:
I sill miss the purple hair

I can't remember whether it was Matthew Castle or GamesRadar's Henry Gilbert, but someone asked Nintendo about the hair; their reply was a jocular "was his hair ever pink?"

Yes. Yes it was.

I'm mainly pleased it's button-centric. I know quite a few Zelda-heads that were put off of the DS ones by the stylus controls, and certainly the microphone blowing bits.

P.S. is the quote button borked?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 17:37

Soooo...  Anyone else just a little bit apprehensive about the "You can buy all the dungeon-required items"?  Because I'm more than "just a little bit apprehensive".

I do like the characters, though, but I am wondering how a story with any detail is going to fit in with "do the dungeons in any order you like".
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 21:08

I'm in two minds about that. On the one hand it could backfire spectacularly, on the other it could allow for some genuine sequence breaking that will make repeat playthroughs feel fresh and fun. I have faith in Nintendo that they can pull it off. Smile 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:06

They did say that you will need rupees in this zelda and now we no why, I like the idea of change but i'm sure i read somewhere that the wiiu zelda will use ideas tried in this. Not to sure if i want to go from the normal formula in a full blown console zelda but then again other games let you tackle things how, when you want.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:16

People moaning about the "do it in any order you like" mechanic, regardless of how it's implemented, will at least be a vaguely welcome change to the moaning about how "the Zelda format hasn't changed in [time period], Nintendo need to stop phoning it in".

I'm sure I'll enjoy A Link Between Worlds. It is nice to see Nintendo trying something different. For all that Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks had their downsides, they were both polished titles that tried new mechanics. ALBW will manage at least that, and that's good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:22

I have huge hopes for this new mechanic, sounds good but I will miss the thrill of getting a new item halfway through a dungeon, hopefully they still keep that or something similar.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next