We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+12
Buskalilly
NintenDUCK
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Admin
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Silver light
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 9:47

Yay more vote's but this is going to be worse for me then the Wii, i barely played my DS's.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 13:13

Any contribution is appreciated Mas, vote if you can. Smile

That'll be Ghost Trick as a puzzler then! I'll update the OP.

Oh yeah, meant to say, if you're struggling for games or if there's one you're not sure about, make sure to check the OP, I'll have a list of all the contended games we've discussed and you can see we decided they're eligible or not. If it's not there, then bring it up and we'll have a discussion about it and give it a genre. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 13:15

So far, two really good games have had to fall by the wayside because I've thought of better ones. Aww! Oh well: racing will be easier.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 13:18

I can easily see racing going the same way as the Wii vote...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 13:34

Are there any other DS racers?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 13:36

Diddy Kong Racing?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 13:39

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 Pfft

EDIT: So there are actually a surprising number of racing games.  Not that many standouts though.  In fact, I count exactly one.

Knock me down with a feather, though: I've actually played two!  The second may just scrape in with one point.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 13:58

Come'on guys, everyone knows that Pokemon Dash is the best racer! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 14:18

Okay chaps, serious suggestion time: splitting up strategy and other.  No, my last suggested split didn't really catch on, but bear with me.

The DS is pretty well off for strategy games.  If we include turn-based levelling-up strategy that might otherwise go into RPGs (and it's not like there aren't many non-strategic RPGs: the FF revamps, TWEWY, DQIX and Pokémon make more than a top five off the top of my head), then we have the Advance Wars series, Shadow Dragon, Revenant Wings, Pokémon Conquest, Ninjatown, the Luminous Arc games (anyone but me?  No?), and even Plants vs. Zombies!

On the other hand, it's also pretty well off for other games.  It has Nintendogs (and its raft of clones that'll go into the dishonourables), ACWW, visual novels like Trauma Centre and Hotel Dusk, Harvest Moon, flipping Electroplankton (although that may count as rhythm.  I'm not sure), and of course everyone's favourite lawyer.  

In short, I think we could make two genres and have more than enough games to talk about in each.  A snag I can think of is that Grand Elder Phillips, Dreamer of the Voting Threads, saw ACWW and Harvest Moon as strategy: in which case, I offer "fighty strategy" and "non-fighty strategy and other games where you don't really fight/compete" as alternative designations, possibly with better names.  I think they're different enough to be considered separately, and for it to be easy to put a game in either bucket.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 14:32

Balladeer wrote:
If we include turn-based levelling-up strategy that might otherwise go into RPGs (and it's not like there aren't many non-strategic RPGs: the FF revamps, TWEWY, DQIX and Pokémon make more than a top five off the top of my head), then we have the Advance Wars series, Shadow Dragon, Revenant Wings, Pokémon Conquest, Ninjatown, the Luminous Arc games (anyone but me?  No?), and even Plants vs. Zombies!

On the other hand, it's also pretty well off for other games.  It has Nintendogs (and its raft of clones that'll go into the dishonourables), ACWW, visual novels like Trauma Centre and Hotel Dusk, Harvest Moon, flipping Electroplankton (although that may count as rhythm.  I'm not sure), and of course everyone's favourite lawyer.  

In short, I think we could make two genres and have more than enough games to talk about in each.  A snag I can think of is that Grand Elder Phillips, Dreamer of the Voting Threads, saw ACWW and Harvest Moon as strategy: in which case, I offer "fighty strategy" and "non-fighty strategy and other games where you don't really fight/compete" as alternative designations, possibly with better names.  I think they're different enough to be considered separately, and for it to be easy to put a game in either bucket.
Luminous Arc, Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics A2/XII Revenant Wings could well fit into either though. Hmmm...

Do agree that Other should prolly be it's own thing. Also, you bring up Harvest Moon...what about Rune Factory? I'm thinking RPG.

Note to self - actually make sure you're awake and reading stuff properly before you reply next time >.<

Last edited by Silver light on Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 14:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 14:37

RF was an RPG in the Wii voting thread, where HM was in S/O: I see no reason why it shouldn't be an RPG here.  Haven't played it though, so willing to defer.

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 14:44; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Note read!)
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 14:41

Balladeer wrote:
Silver light wrote:
Luminous Arc, Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics A2/XII Revenant Wings could well fit into either though. Hmmm...

My point.  No snark required.  RF was an RPG in the Wii voting thread, where HM was in S/O: I see no reason why it shouldn't be an RPG here.  Haven't played it though, so willing to defer.
This is me right now and it's showing Sleep
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 14:41

Yeah, was thinking this myself actually. Animal Crossing is definitely an "other" game (Strategy? Come on...) and there's plenty of games that could slide into other - Nintendogs, Electroplankton (possibly), visual novelesque games...

Strategy, you've got Fire Emblem, FFXII: Revenant Wings, FFTA2: Grimoire of the Rift (questionable?), Advance Wars etc...

I'd be leaning towards splitting them up myself. Thoughts, forum?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 15:25

Yeah splititng sounds fine, though I really don't think Racing is worth a week, we already know number 1 and I don't know if there is a valid number 2. Crazy Frog Racing anyone?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 15:36

I could combine racing and rhythm? Add in shooters or fighting to racing? Your choice people! Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 15:41

I want to give Pokémon Dash my one vote damn it!

If they belong anywhere, I'd argue it's in with sports.  And therefore minigames.  And I still think it'll be a relatively small pool.

Oddly, I can think of five votes for rhythm games.  I've only played three of them, mind: the others come from listening to the music on Youtube...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 15:57

surely it should be 
puzzle tetris
strategy advance wars
rpg pokemon
sport / racing mario kart
adventure zelda
other nintendogs
platformers mario 64 
rhythm guitar hero
mini games / party warioware
best of the best your top 10
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 17:11

No.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 17:17

No.

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 17:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 17:17

No.

Last edited by Silver light on Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 17:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 17:20

Sorry, didn't mean to break flow!
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 17:21

But you're breaking the flow again now!

Wait, we both are now. Uh...whoops? Whistle
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 17:23

Dam(n).

Oh, come on!  A dam breaks flow.  It was funny.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 17:25

Balladeer wrote:
Dam(n).

Oh, come on!  A dam breaks flow.  It was funny.
The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 BNvn8BQ

For shame, Balladeer, for shame...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 17:49

Why what's wrong with those category's,  only thing i can't see that fit's is fighting game's and brawlers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 3 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next