We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+12
Buskalilly
NintenDUCK
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Admin
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Silver light
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyThu 1 Aug 2013 - 22:49

Not too many votes in so far this week guys... people struggling?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyThu 1 Aug 2013 - 22:53

Off topic a bit, I was championing doing a 2nd birthday 3DS which got postponed then again due to not everyone wanting to do a vote and because of quality titles keep coming. So I'm proposing we make it Bi-Annual for current systems. So no 3DS vote till it's 3rd birthday and Wii U getting a 1st birthday vote (could be interesting) then 3rd etc.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyThu 1 Aug 2013 - 23:31

As horribly contradictory as this is (as I've said a few times that this forum needs less vote threads), there is one that I'd like to sneak in after Jay finishes his good work here. Too good to be an ordinary thread, though it's not one that'll take months to finish (probably just a couple of weeks).

If we are going to have vote threads then I'm all for spreading the wealth. You, masofdas, seemed really enthusiastic to do a 3DS vote thread like the one I did last year, and I'd say there's definitely merit in doing so. It's just whether or not you think you're up for it.

Let's say you did a 3DS thread after Jay's finished this DS vote, I sneak in my vote thread sometime next month, someone else does a Wii U vote thread for the end of November/start of December and then yet another person does our Forumite of the Year at the start of 2014. That's plenty for folk to get involved in for the rest of the year. Just need volunteers.

~

As for voting in this thread, I'll get on it. I missed the adventure week as it was suggested all my games weren't eligible, and I couldn't decide last week with the platformers. This time is much more straightforward.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 7:50

I'd always had the idea somehow that you, Phillips, would be the one doing the Forumite of the Year thread; but I suppose if you're doing another voting thread (my money's on either Top Ten Obscure Downloadables Most Of Us Won't Even Have Heard Of, or Top Ten Beers Winky Face ), it does make sense to spread things around.  For what it's worth, I'd nominate Stu for the Forumite thread, if he's interested.

The main challenge may be getting everyone to vote.  As far as I'm aware, two of our top ten posters, and six of our top twenty, haven't submitted a single vote in either week yet.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 10:30

My vote is in (and, despite Phillips's brilliant list, it was only one vote Embarrassed )! I'd like to do the Wii U vote thread but I was thinking about launching it on the 1st of January, so we'd all have time to play our Christmas games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 11:21

I was thinking,

Finsh DS vote
Then Phillps what ever vote
By the time that's done WiiU 1st birthday vote, I would like to do
Then would be into next year to do the forum year awards thing, anyone that isn't me
Then be nearly 3DS 3rd birthday vote (bi annual), also like to do
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 11:26

Greedy! ZJ's claimed the Wii U vote for ages. You've got your voting thread coming up!

As for timing, the Wii U vote should surely take place towards the end of November, to coincide with the Wii U's birthday? That does clash with the FotY awards, which usually come into play in December, but maybe they could be pushed through to January? As for the 3DS' second birthday, I'd be inclined to hold that soon after the DS thread ends, because it's late as it is, with Phillips' thread soon after; or wait for the third, as Mas suggests. Up to him.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 11:57

I knew nothing about a wiiu vote, in till I said about it last night. I could still do 2nd birthday 3DS but just seems a bit to much. I've its zero who does wiiu vote I think it has to be November for same reasons as you balla.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 14:18

But I don't vote Duh! 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 14:26

Yeeees, I know.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 16:41

JayMoyles wrote:
Not too many votes in so far this week guys... people struggling?

I should have mine in soon, got 4 games so far.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 16:56

Cheers Jas. Smile 

We've only had four votes so far, although that doesn't include myself, as I haven't voted yet. Duh! 

As for the other voting threads, I don't have much to add I'm afraid as I don't own a 3DS or a Wii U, so any interest in those threads just aren't there for me. I'll be voting in Phillips's mystery thread and the FOTY awards though, natch.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 17:07

I'm still not sure there's much point in a 3DS vote again any time soon, the 1st Anniversary was nice but it's nicer to get a view of a whole consoles life than an extra year or 2 passing. I'll still vote though obvs but I just don't think it's essential

My vote will be towards the end as always Razz
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 4 Aug 2013 - 2:08

I got three votes in, and two of them I'd barely played and used to make up the numbers. I have no rhythm.

I also got next week's votes in cos I'm buffering off to Spain.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 4 Aug 2013 - 10:19

Five votes for me, and I even had several spares that got honourable mentions. Grin 
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 4 Aug 2013 - 17:58

(sets up camp outside thread)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 4 Aug 2013 - 18:24

So, we come to the end of what's apparently everybody's least favourite genre, rhythm!

Thanks to the 7 of you who voted this week - putting it down to the genre as it is quite a tricky one to vote for. It's not a long one this week, as only a few people added comments, but ah well! So, let's hop to it!

Fifth Place -
Spoiler:

Fourth Place -
Spoiler:

Third Place -
Spoiler:

Second Place -
Spoiler:

And the Snap! Rhythm is a Dancer award for best Rhythm or Music game goes to...

Spoiler:

Honourable Mentions (games in italics were voted for by more than one person, games in bold were someone's first choice, and games in red were both someone's first choice and voted for by more than one person)

Spoiler:

Dishonourable Mentions

Spoiler:

Next week, put your war face on - it's strategy games time! Get voting chums!

EDIT: Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem... are we allowing S-RPGs this week?

Last edited by JayMoyles on Sun 4 Aug 2013 - 19:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 4 Aug 2013 - 18:36

I think so. There are enough non-strategy RPGs to go around. (So many...)

Boooo to EBA placing ahead of both Ouendan games! DAMN YOU! This boooo aimed more at Nintendo for not bringing them to the UK to be enjoyed by everyone. (Also, where's my first place for Ouendan 2, Jay? Hissy fit )

I have four strategy games to contribute! This is probably the most votes I'll ever have on any console for a strategy-only week.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 4 Aug 2013 - 18:39

Waiting for Philips and his list, I'm hoping advance wars, final fantasy tactics are in.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 4 Aug 2013 - 19:10

Balladeer wrote:
 (Also, where's my first place for Ouendan 2, Jay? Hissy fit )

Woops, forgot to put those in! Shall do so now.

Mas: Advance Wars and Final Fantasy Tactics A2 are both in. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 4 Aug 2013 - 19:29

JayMoyles wrote:
EDIT: Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem... are we allowing S-RPGs this week?

I'd say yes, but i'm only thinking that because RPG is gonna have enough choices anyway >_>
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 4 Aug 2013 - 19:32

We now have at least 8 first places for rhythm, despite there apparently being seven votes. Razz Or are you not one of them, Jay?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 4 Aug 2013 - 19:36

Nah, I don't count myself in the people voted. Technically I guess you could say eight people voted then, but it would almost be like talking about myself in the third-person, so I don't count myself.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 4 Aug 2013 - 22:03

Shite! I knew I forgot to do something today, my votes wouldn't have made much of a difference though but I feel I need to mention one game that no one else did & that is Korg DS-10 even though I had no clue how to use it properly its was fun to mess around with all the synth noises.

I think I'll definitely pick up the 3ds e shop sequel whenever/if it arrives over here.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 EmptySun 4 Aug 2013 - 23:12

Shite effort Jas. Nah nah! 

Anyone finding it ridiculously difficult to vote this week? It's not even RPG week yet and this is tough. That's going to be a damn hard week, looking forward... TWEWY, Mario and Luigi, the Final Fantasy remakes, Dragon Quest, Pokemon... fuck. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 13 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next