Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*

Go down 
+18
Fancy Fancy
mandlecreed
Jimbob
Cube
shanks
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Athrun888
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 14:27

Was Nuts & Bolts ever worth a shout? It's about the only 360 exclusive that I've not played and that isn't some gun-heavy Trekkie bollocks.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 14:32

Just updated my post phillps, what I've played of Nut's of Bolts it wasn't great but it's one of only 33 notable xbox 360 games.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 14:49

Journey... Is that some massive joke that I've not been clued in on? It is one of the most boring and uninteresting games I have ever played. Flower was brilliant and I rather enjoyed flOw so I was looking forwards to playing it but it was the biggest load of bollocks I have ever played.

As for Nuts and Bolts I like it. It's an odd combination of driving and collectibles but I thought it worked well and enjoyed it all the way through. Was the original Viva Pinata not an exclusive?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 14:54

Nope also on PC, Journey is amazing hence why it's number 2 and won numerous game of the year awards.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 17:10

Phillips wrote:
Was Nuts & Bolts ever worth a shout?
Imagine your ideal videogame version of Robot Wars. Now imagine 60% of it. that's B-K: N'n'B.

andyman949 wrote:
Journey... Is that some massive joke that I've not been clued in on? It is one of the most boring and uninteresting games I have ever played. Flower was brilliant and I rather enjoyed flOw so I was looking forwards to playing it but it was the biggest load of bollocks I have ever played.
It's indie. [product placement]And Not An FPS[/product placement]. Therefore: free pass through the press.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 21:34

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/weirdness_this_1ds_spoof_is_remarkably_well_done

I would actually buy one of those, just for the big screen mode.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 21:45

IGN have also done top PS3 games today, there's is a top 25 games and aren't just exclusives it's just the best 25 games you can play on a PS3.

25 God of War III
24 Catherine
23 Flower
22 Sound Shapes
21 LittleBigPlanet 2
20 Batman Arkham City
19 Guacamelee!
18 Resistance 3
17 Super Stardust HD
16 GTA IV
15 Heavy Rain
14 Bioshock
13 Red Dead Redemption
12 The Walking Dead - The Game
11 Infamous 2
10 The Unfinished Swan
9 Ni No Kuni
8 Portal 2
7 Fallout 3
6 Mass Effect 2
5 Shatter
4 Uncharted 2
3 Uncharted 3
2 Journey
1 The Last of Us

Bet Andy loves there Number 2.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 22:20

Rolling Eyes Almost a laughable as Shatter being the 5th best game on PS3...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 22:25

I was also surprised how high shatter is, and a few missing titles like metal gear solid 4 but otherwise can agree almost with there top 10.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 22:29

masofdas wrote:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/weirdness_this_1ds_spoof_is_remarkably_well_done

I would actually buy one of those, just for the big screen mode.
That was actually brilliant looking. Shame there isn't really a DS Player on Wii U, it would work great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 23:02

Take a look at the title: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-GameCube-Limited-Edition-the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-wanker-boxed-/261278369945?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:3160
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 23:27

That top 25 ps3 list is missing some great games, but I shouldn't be surprised as its IGN.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 0:16

What the actual fuck? Excuse the language but I find Journey being anywhere near a top 25 let alone the 2nd or 3rd best exclusive ridiculous, it's a steaming pile of crud flavoured crud sprinkled with more crud, critics need to chill out getting over excited about random crud like that because it's "indie".

Phillips wrote:
Take a look at the title: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-GameCube-Limited-Edition-the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-wanker-boxed-/261278369945?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:3160
Lol! Lol! Lol! Lol! 
A very unfortunate typo.

Coincidentally that bundle features, without a doubt, the best 3rd part controller ever made "The Feeler".
Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 T2ec1610

The first thing I think of when I hear Banjo Kazooie is the big massive Christmas Tree.

Last edited by treesmurf11 on Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 0:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : IT'S CHRISTMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 2:55

masofdas wrote:

23 Flower
19 Guacamelee!
2 Journey
Not a chance. What were IGN thinking?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 9:02

Guacamelee deserves its place a damned site more than Journey and Shatter though. Quite why anyone even likes Journey is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 10:11

Journey was IGN's GOTY last year, so they have to stand by there choice of it being good which it is, i would put in my personal top 10 more likely at 10 th or 9th, of just exclusives.

I watch IGN a bit with the Sony part of there site and keza on there Nintendo being the only okay lot, and Greg is a big fan of shatter, so it's his top 25 so puts that high. I think a site like IGN has to look objectively personally when doing there top whatevers. I know GT did there's with a vote, so you know that journey was voted into number 2 by them.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 20:25

I usually wouldn't consider it, but seeing as it's the twentieth anniversary issue I decided last week that I'd try and get the newest EDGE Magazine - the one with the the twenty year-defining covers. It's proving very difficult to find, except for the two issues that are left at my local Sainsburys: WipeOut and WipeOut. Ugh.

Still, at least WipeOut contributed something to videogames. The 2012 game of choice is, for some reason, Fez. Yeah, Fez. Why EDGE couldn't have picked something more important and meaningful to gaming in 2012, like WWE SmackDown Vs. Raw 2007 or NHL 2004, is bizarre. I recall 2012 being quite good for games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 21:44

That's the issue they did there top 10 consoles off all time, it wasn't a great top 10. Hope when we do ours it's better.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 22:37

Phillips wrote:
Still, at least WipeOut contributed something to videogames. The 2012 game of choice is, for some reason, Fez. Yeah, Fez. Why EDGE couldn't have picked something more important and meaningful to gaming in 2012, like WWE SmackDown Vs. Raw 2007 or NHL 2004, is bizarre. I recall 2012 being quite good for games.
Fez?! Confused 

Above The Walking Dead, or X-COM Enemy Unknown, or hell, above Far Cry 3 or Borderlands 2? Bollocks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 22:43

Because it's a industry darling like journey (but journey is good).
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 22:44

I don't even know what a Fez is.

(Journey is not good).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 22:52

A FEZ is a type of hat, but actually it's this game,

A sequel was in the works but Johnathan Blow the creator has been a douche recently and thinking he's above everyone else in the gaming world as he has one hit.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 22:59

I thought it was a type of hat. Think people just get carried away with "New Retro" games. That Cave Story sucks as well.

Last edited by treesmurf11 on Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 22:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cave Story doesn't suck #Trolling)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2013 - 1:15

I dont remember your name but your.......fez is familiar.

Quote :
That Cave Story sucks as well.
woah! woah! easy there.

Quote :
Think people just get carried away with "New Retro" games.
I don't think its a case of getting carried away by them, I think folk just love the fact that they hark back to a time when it was all about how fun a game is & not how realistic it looked.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2013 - 2:10

Fez in particular, as much as I enjoyed the majority of it, got a big freebie not just for being indie but also for not being a shooter.

I remember reading a preview for Fez on Eurogamer, and it opened with this laboured story about how the writer saw a rabbit in the game and was surprised he didn't have to blow it up or jump on it or something like every other game ever because all games are Manhunt and all of gaming is uniquely broken in its entirety because it's the only artform ever to use violence which it invented on its own as a big conspiracy to make huge conglomerates millions and millions of dollars and we're so terrible for talking about them but here's Fez! And it's brightly coloured! And by a small developer! And now, it's the first game ever conceived that doesn't make you kill a fluffy bunny!

It's one of the main reasons I don't read Eurogamer any more- and an important one in me doing you-know-which tumblr.

-

On "new retro", it'd be nice if people did more with pixel art, I remember Project X Zone being refreshing because they'd done pixels, but looked at the 3DS and gone "Let's take this massive canvas and pixel the shit out of it" rather than just used "retro" as an excuse to artlessly do everything abstractly and at low-res. (Although doing that does, to be fair, work in Fez' favour, gameplaywise)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next