We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox

Go down 
+16
flora-chan
gjones
Rattlecat
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
2grundies
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
fronkhead
Silver light
Balladeer
Admin
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
masofdas
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 12:08

Jas go play Halo,

Jay you have PS3 right it's getting a HD version of both tales of symphonias, so might be worth looking at and be cheaper then buying the gamecube game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 13:35

Nah, I don't have a PS3. I've got a 360, but it's back at my dad's. I've got a PC, my DS and a PS1 in my flat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 13:39

Hmm can't do much about then, you could try vespria on 360 it has a talking dog.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 13:43

I think I played a demo of that now that you mention it, it seemed very similar in playstyle to Eternal Sonata if I remember rightly.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 13:46

Eternal Sonata is also Namco, so yeah kinda similar. ES was a good JRPG of what I played I like my JRPG's in that kinda style not realisticish hence why FFIX is my FAv.
Back to top Go down
2grundies
F-Zero Rookie
2grundies

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 19:16

masofdas wrote:
Eternal Sonata is also Namco, so yeah kinda similar. ES was a good JRPG of what I played I like my JRPG's in that kinda style not realisticish hence why FFIX is my FAv.  
So you big into Jrpg's then masofdas? It's one of my weaknesses too. In fact, i've got Mana Khemia 2 waiting for me at the sorting office....all the way from Canada. Loved the first one....one of my favourite PS2 games, full stop.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 19:22

No JRPG is one of my least fav genres there's always a odd few I like though on the PS3 Ni No Kuni, Wii Last Story, PS1 FFX etc. I'll give all genres ago but my fav has to be Western / Action RPG's likes of Mass Effect, Shenmue, Jade Empire, Oblivion, KOTOR.
Back to top Go down
2grundies
F-Zero Rookie
2grundies

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 20:08

masofdas wrote:
No JRPG is one of my least fav genres there's always a odd few I like though on the PS3 Ni No Kuni, Wii Last Story, PS1 FFX etc. I'll give all genres ago but my fav has to be Western / Action RPG's likes of Mass Effect, Shenmue, Jade Empire, Oblivion, KOTOR.
damn...thought we were going to get on. Winky Face

I'll play any type of rpg, but my personal favourite sub-genre are turn-based rpg's. The likes of Vandal Hearts, FF tactics, Jeanne D'arc, Fire Emblem, Makai Kingdom, Disgaea, Advance Wars.....all feature highly in my all time faves.  

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 20:13

Have you played Valkyrie Chronicles on PS3 and any of it's sequels on PSP.

Talking about FE, the 3DS one awakening was the 1st played and loved it best game on the 3DS at the moment. Been looking at the Wii & Cube games but both rather pricey.
Back to top Go down
2grundies
F-Zero Rookie
2grundies

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 20:29

masofdas wrote:
Have you played Valkyrie Chronicles on PS3 and any of it's sequels on PSP.

Talking about FE, the 3DS one awakening was the 1st played and loved it best game on the 3DS at the moment. Been looking at the Wii & Cube games but both rather pricey.  
NO i haven't...despite owning Valkyria Chronicles II on the PSP for some time. Not because i don't want to, but my PSP is kaput. Will get another as soon as i see one in decent nick.

You simply HAVE to play the GBA Fire Emblem titles....fabulous stuff. As i don't own a 3ds (yet) i can't comment on that one. Certainly, if its half as good as the GBA/cube titles...i'll be getting it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 20:32

I've not got a GBA, and can't really bothered to plug the Cube into play through that.
Back to top Go down
2grundies
F-Zero Rookie
2grundies

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 20:49

masofdas wrote:
I've not got a GBA, and can't really bothered to plug the Cube into play through that.
Now i'm the opposite. I much prefer to play GBA through the cube. Perhaps its my ailing vision.....
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 22:21

Vandal Hearts! I used to love that game, during my brief flirting with the PlayStation. That and the 3DS Ghost Recon are my favourite real time strategy games; I'm just bad at the others that I've played and don't normally have the patience for them.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 22:57

I really wouldn't compare Eternal Sonata to Tales! Eternal Sonata had an interesting turn based style that ultimately didn't quite work (which I realised when I did about 10 battles in the row with the same bat themed enemy that would just wander around the stage wasting its whole turn!). Tales is real time and as far as I'm concerned not that great battle system-wise. I've never been able to get my heads around if theres anything more there than just mash attack and hope the AI keeps you healed.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:36

Eternal Sonata's combat system really ramps up as you progress, till the stage when it's practically real-time.
Back to top Go down
2grundies
F-Zero Rookie
2grundies

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 7:34

ZeroJones wrote:
Vandal Hearts! I used to love that game, during my brief flirting with the PlayStation.
That's my all time number 1 game. I've played through it soooo many times. I've sold it and bought it back at least half dozen times....every time saying " I don't need it, i've finished it". As soon as i sell it, i regret it! The copy i have now will never be sold again.....

Now Vandal Hearts 2 should, in theory, be amongst my favourites....but strangely, i just can't seem to get on with it. Can't place my finger on just why either. Meh 
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 13:12

I only ever played the first one. I understand there are three games in the series out there, and they get worse as they go along (a bit like the Mana series). Sad.
Back to top Go down
2grundies
F-Zero Rookie
2grundies

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 19:16

Is that so? I've never heard of there being a third one. Will have to do some research!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Nov 2013 - 16:04

I could of picked up Tales on the GameCube today but it was £32 and had a bit of damage on the box. I know that's not a bad price butit's not something I really need.
Back to top Go down
2grundies
F-Zero Rookie
2grundies

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Nov 2013 - 17:09

Finally finished Dark Cloud (PS2) 60 hours that i've thoroughly enjoyed. Fab game and i loved the georama/building side of things. Nice, unique concept (unless anyone else can think of anything similar?).

Highly recommended!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Nov 2013 - 17:49

Yeah it's really good if you look through previous post I did a top 10 PS2 games, and said 16 games were in the running Dark Cloud was one of them.
Back to top Go down
2grundies
F-Zero Rookie
2grundies

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Nov 2013 - 18:09

What about its sequel, Dark Chronicle? Played that at all? I have it and will play it, but i'm up for a change now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Nov 2013 - 18:11

Not played it.
Back to top Go down
2grundies
F-Zero Rookie
2grundies

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Nov 2013 - 18:25

The consensus, on another forum i frequent, is very favourable. More of the same but prettier. Good enough for me, i guess i'll find out in good time!
Back to top Go down
Rattlecat
Boo This Man .Gif
Rattlecat

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 EmptySat 16 Nov 2013 - 14:17

I loved this generation of consoles but i also brought about a lot of upset.

Having said goodbye to my N64 (but it will be good to see it again when the postman finally brings it), i was very excited to become a Dreamcast owner. When i got one i picked up Soul Caliber, Power Stone (a game i never really got on with and consider it to be over rated), Sonic Adventure and Sega Rally. They were good times but i couldn't wait until the console went online. Once it finally did, it was the first time i had experienced online gaming and to me it felt like the most important change in gaming history. I spent the next few months completely addicted to Chu Chu Rocket, sometimes playing, sometimes flooding the chat screen with nonsense and being asked my a/s/l a lot haha. Chu Chu is a game i would instabuy again for any console if it had online play. I'm rather hoping that someday it will be on WiiU as i think it would suit that console best.

After a while Quake 3 hit and again, it felt like the best thing to happen in gaming ever. Spent the next few months addicted to it, making a clan webpage on expage and forming rivalries etc. Those 2 games were responsible for several massive phone bills due to no internet packages being available and having to pay by the minute.

After that i had a dabble with Phantasy Star Online which i enjoyed but i had got the online FPS bug so it was back to Quake. I played several other games for DC but we all know how it ended and it was time to move on.

I had bought myself a PS2 but personally i considered it to be a very weak console on the games front. No online play at the time felt like a step back, games such as Red Faction, Tekken Tag, and dare i say it, Timesplitters just all felt below par. It wasn't until GTA3 that i actually felt justified in buying a PS2.

Another sad point of this generation was the sale of Rare to Microsoft. From the days of producing games under the Ultimate Play The Game label on Spectrum to the N64, Rare had been my favourite software house. This meant i simply had to buy an Xbox, plus the fact the games i consider to be former Dreamcast exclusives made heir way to Xbox. Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Orta, PGR...you know the stuff. Naturally i swallowed all the hype and go excited for Halo too but as critically acclaimed as it is, i thought it was poor. I appreciate what it did for the console shooter but after the pace and gore of Quake 3 Arena, Halo felt very ploddy and the campaign (along with all the Halo campaigns) just went on too long. By the time i was 2 chapters from the end, i just wanted it over.

I also picked up a Gamecube but after my disappointment at the death of Sega, the sale of Rare and being duped by the Xbox hype machine i decided to follow my calling and bought a PC, purely to become a master and addict of the true Quake 3 experience. There i stayed until around the time Halflife 2 came out and i realised my PC could no longer handle new games. Back to consoles then Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next