We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 13:28

Bloody Marvel.  DAMN YOU! 

Fast travel is very nice to have, though I feel that is part of the reason the game feels like 'separate levels' since you don't have to trek back to an area every time you die.

To be fair, if you look close enough you can see most areas from Majula (Firelink Shrine 2.0)
which is a nice touch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 16:21

Vidofnir wrote:

To be fair, if you look close enough you can see most areas from Majula (Firelink Shrine 2.0)
which is a nice touch.

I love those touches in games - Dark Souls only had it in certain areas, like being able to see Lost Izalith/Demon Ruins from Tomb of the Giants for example. If a game allows you to walk to nearly any location you can spot, then it's a winner in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 20:58

Vido wrote:
Fast travel is very nice to have, though I feel that is part of the reason the game feels like 'separate levels' since you don't have to trek back to an area every time you die.

I can see this making me get lost or forgetting about an area as I won't get to know the world as well through having to trek back.

Jay wrote:

I love those touches in games - Dark Souls only had it in certain areas, like being able to see Lost Izalith/Demon Ruins from Tomb of the Giants for example. If a game allows you to walk to nearly any location you can spot, then it's a winner in my eyes.

My favourite was being able to see the dukes archives in the distance from quite early on in the game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 21:21

The_Jaster wrote:

Jay wrote:

My favourite was being able to see the dukes archives in the distance from quite early on in the game.

Ah really? Where from? The Lost Izalith from TotG can't be missed as it's right at the beginning of the place, but I thought Anor Londo and Duke's was way way above the rest of Lordran?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 1:40

You can see it from bridge where the hellkite dragon lands just before undead parish, it's just the prison tower I believe but it's still a neat touch.

---

DSII adventures:

I had my first tastes of invasions tonight (3 in total) the first surprised me as I was undead, yes there is no easy escape from PvP this time but its just a better experience this time around as it doesn't fall into who can circle/strafe the quickest for a backstab.

Anyhow the first battle was pretty cagey as we charged in at each other every so often taking little swipes at each other but I bested them with a backstep spin slash with my bastard sword Smile the second didn't go so well as I positioned myself poorly on a bridge not knowing an archer enemy was behind me which caught me a few times & as I tried to move away whilst fireballing him with some pyro he hit me with sort of magic & I was defeated.
Last but not least as I was making my way across a narrow cliff side pathway (with a massive drop on one side) when another player appeared I dodged his attacked & swiped him off the ledge in seconds.

So two out of three isn't bad. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 2:27

Very nice, I am a fan of the Bastard Sword as it is very balanced and only weighs 6.0  :affraid:  Despite being a greatsword.

Oh, if you haven't yet, try two handing a halberd weapon then sprint and use normal attack. Now unleash whirling death upon your invader foes!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 10:19

Oh I broke out that Halberd move when I was helping a few folk in co-op the other day, definitely want to try it on invaders though. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 10:52

The_Jaster wrote:

I had my first tastes of invasions tonight (3 in total) the first surprised me as I was undead

Ah shit, no. I spent most of Dark Souls undead because I wanted to avoid invasions.  Aww! 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 18:35

To be honest, Jay I was like that as well as I was absolute rubbish at PvP but connection/server wise in DSII is a lot better, you can burn effigies in a bonfire to weaken the link between worlds for specific areas but that will also affect your chance of co-op.

Oh not to mention that with each death you lose a bit of your overall health so the game encourages you to be human, I think From soft are just proud of what they've made & want everyone to experience all parts of it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 18:58

That's a fair point. I'm not a huge multiplayer gamer to be honest, so that's mainly why I avoided PVP in Dark Souls.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 21:42

DSII is going to run like a dream on PC from launch!  Dance 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 21 Apr 2014 - 4:59

DSII adventures:

So I found a new area earlier which unknown to me at the time is a hotzone for PvP, needless to say I was killed many times & I won't be returning to there. (probably) Sad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 20:16

Gah, I'm so excited to play this. I've not been this hyped to play a game in a long while.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 20:29

I was reading the unused content section on the dark souls wiki this morning & how they were going to use Oscar of Astora sounded really great, though I can see why he was re-written as he was too much of a guide throughout the game.

Not to mention Solaire is just better in every way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 20:43

The_Jaster wrote:
DSII adventures:

So I found a new area earlier which unknown to me at the time is a hotzone for PvP, needless to say I was killed many times & I won't be returning to there. (probably) Sad

Ah, I see you have fallen foul of the Bell-end covenant.  DAMN YOU! 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 0:34

Indeed I have, bell-ends is the perfect name for that covenant as well Laughing do you know if its worth beating the boss there?
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 15:48

mmm, sure but its minor spoilers! I wont include boss names or any strategy though.

defeating the bell-ends:

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 21:52

Cheers! I'll probably attempt it again once I upgrade my weapons/stats more.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Apr 2014 - 15:26

Played the opening section last night as a study break. Ended up playing for 2 hours... woops.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Apr 2014 - 22:24

It's impossible to have a quick game of souls Laughing

Anyhow, I found out today that the game still matches you according to soul level for co-op/PvP (no idea why I thought it changed) so I think I'll stay at level 80 for a bit as some areas are a no go for co-op.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Apr 2014 - 22:56

I played some more today!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Apr 2014 - 23:08

@jay

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 28 Apr 2014 - 17:28

Totally lied about not levelling up past 80, got a boss weapon that required me to get a bit more strength/Dex & I didn't like sauntering about with large amounts of souls as I don't have the ores for weapon upgrades a the minute.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 28 Apr 2014 - 18:23

Beat the second boss of Forest of the Fallen Giants after caving and summoning player help - I had pretty much almost run out of Human Effigies.

EDIT: Loving the colours in this.

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 091F76735E70B5A56DE976062FEEB86260C58A56

Made some progress through the Lost Bastille before getting ABSOLUTELY mauled by the boss there.

Spoiler:

After failing miserably there, I headed off to Heide's Tower of Flame.

Spoiler:

A criticism I have to levy at this game is that so far its boss designs have been pretty uninspired. They're just variations of "dudes with armour", save the first boss I took on. Where's the bull demons? Where's the butterflies? Where's the hideous demonic abominations?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014 - 0:29

Aye totally agree on the boss designs & I think it also makes them easier to defeat because just by looking at them you can roughly guess how they will attack/move, apart from the ruin sentinels I haven't died more than five times to a boss before I win. (Also had a handful of first time victories)

Maybe I've just gotten better at the game? Anyhow there are some interesting boss designs later in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 6 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next