We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 20:03

Spoiler:

On another note, Souls 2 has been prepurchased!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 0:07

Spoiler:

Edit: I was watching some DSII PvP last night & compared to the previous game folk really are more brutal with most not stoping to gesture at all.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 14:07

Just starting the first this morning. I've gotten further than my last attempt and am now at the bonfire by the first blacksmith.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 17:26

Having played some PvP on DS2 I have to say that things have probably changed for the better. The lag, while still noticeable is nowhere near as bad as DS1, backstabs are also a distant memory  Dance .

With only two types of roll, medium + fat. There is no more abuse of the darkwood grain ring + you cant fly about in something stupid like havels. Basically, you can now win as other builds that are not Dexterity.

However I have noticed that is really easy to be staggered, as such sometimes the first hit can win you the battle which isn't a bad thing if you ask me.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 21:57

Andy: Nice, good going! Took me probably a good couple of play sessions to get there.

Vido: I never really touched PVP but the invaders I faced did look ridiculous out manoeuvring me - in fairly light armour - whilst they were in Giant's Armour or Havel's Set.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 22:32

Finished up for the day after beating the Hydra and getting totally lost. Anyone know where to go next?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 23:04

Did you explore the church near the blacksmith?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 23:50

Yeah, I rang the bell and everything. Just totally lost in the swamp (the Hydra was such a slog as the last head kept landing crazy far out of reach and I kept walking off the water cliff...).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 0:13

Ah, well, I'd suggest to explore Darkroot Garden as opposed to the Basin. A trip back to the Undead Burg would be wise too.

Yeah, I didn't tackle the Hydra till much later.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 0:48

I shall go back and investigate tomorrow then, thanks!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptySun 13 Apr 2014 - 2:49

So I started DSII earlier & its good stuff so far, one thing that's bugged me is how slow the animation is when using Estus (hope this gets better with upgrades) to the point where healing mid battle is pretty much a no go even if you have a safe opportunity to do so.

I do like having secondary healing items though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptySun 13 Apr 2014 - 10:50

The_Jaster wrote:
So I started DSII earlier & its good stuff so far, one thing that's bugged me is how slow the animation is when using Estus (hope this gets better with upgrades) to the point where healing mid battle is pretty much a no go even if you have a safe opportunity to do so.

Is there not a skill you can level which speeds up the animation time of moves?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptySun 13 Apr 2014 - 13:05

Ahh there is! I thought I had looked at the new stats closely enough but I obviously hadn't as the new one adaptability affects your agility.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 9:35

I think it effects how quickly you swing your weapon/raise your shield too.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 12:02

My playthrough has ground to a bit of a halt since the Moonlight Butterfly/Pinwheel. Knowing I won't finish it before I go to visit the family for a week has put me off a bit unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 13:09

What bosses have you killed so far Andy?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 14:02

Asylum, Taurus, Gargoyles, Capra, Gaping Dragon, Moonlight Butterfly and Pinwheel I think. Beaten a couple of minibosses too.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 15:35

Have you not pushed on past the Depths yet? There's a fantastically friendly new place for you down there.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 15:56

JayMoyles wrote:
I think it effects how quickly you swing your weapon/raise your shield too.

Aye that's what I read on the wiki.

JayMoyles wrote:
Have you not pushed on past the Depths yet? There's a fantastically friendly new place for you down there.

When I spoke to him on Skype the other day that's where I suggested he go to next.

---

I don't think I like travelling between bonfires in DSII being available from the start, sure you still need find the bonfires to warp to X area but I feel like I'm not getting to know the world as well as I did in dark souls....it...just makes it feel like it isn't all connected when it probably is. Sad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 15:59

From what I've heard, the interconnectivity of the world is something that's lacking in DSII.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 16:07

Aye the world was one of my favourite things in DS as well but in two so far (only 8 hours in) the areas I've found have felt almost like separate levels in some ways, I'm still loving the game overall though.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014 - 17:45

Adaptability is awesome! It especially helps with dodging attacks.

My champion covenant run is going ok. Finding it quite hard soloing every boss though...
One of the things I appreciate most about DS2 is that it has enough differences to make a return to DS1 refreshing.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 0:32

So I found the proper white sign soapstone when playing DSII tonight & had a blast helping folk with the bosses in Cathedral of blue & tower of the flame, not sure if I want to now join the blue sentinels covenant & hunt the guilty or go looking for the heirs of the sun covenant.

I can see how convenient fast travel is now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 12:25

For Americaaaaa!

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EOK080I
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 12:47

That Gif is both brilliant and topical for me as I just watched Cap this morning! The fast travel sounds amazing in DS2 for me because I get so fed up of treking a long way across the world to use a different path.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 5 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next