We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 17:50

That's in there to basically let you know the NPC's are done and you can move on or they themselves will move location so always exhaust their dialogue until they repeat a line, I do agree that it is a bit silly.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 17:34

So, Dark Souls 2 just downloaded a huge 600MB patch on Steam... any idea what this is all about? A quick Google said it's about the new next-gen release, but I didn't think the old versions were getting anything with that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 17:38

Yep that's right all old versions are getting patched to be same as scholars version minus the DLC with that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 19:09

But I thought the mechanical changes were what the old versions weren't getting - I've already got the DLC, so what's the 500MB patch about? Odd.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 19:35

No they are getting them, look in the news thread. I posted all about it when it was announced.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 1:08

Here's the full patch notes:

DSII patch notes:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 20:53

Oh boy - I'm still halfway through this (off to see the king! THE KING!); is this going to be mega-confusing? As it is, there's never been a game that's made me so paranoid about its mechanics.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 20:59

The_Jaster wrote:

DSII patch notes:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 1:01

JayMoyles wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

DSII patch notes:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 12:35

Came back to Dark Souls this week, having made the decision to play from the start again. After 8 hours I have completely overtaken the point I stopped at last time after 22 hours. Man, this is such a beautiful game. I'm gonna finish it this time!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 15:06

Superb! Where are you at just now Drunka?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 15:32

As I type this I'm stood by a bonfire having just been killed by the gaping dragon.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 15:44

Ah yep. Question - did you kill a sorcerer overlooking the boss arena during your exploration of the Depths? If not, I'd highly recommend tracking him down before taking on the Gaping Dragon again.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 16:25

Yep, took care of that guy before I knew what he was! Gaping Dragon is dead, I bought an absolutely bantz hat from the dude next to the door into Blight Town and now I'm making my way down there. It's grim.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 17:06

Blight Town, ughhhh. How's the frame-rate on whatever you're playing on? It was fine for me on the ol' PC, but heard it suffers on consoles.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 17:09

Blight Town is the point I left my game at (well maybe somewhere on the way after getting cursed. One day I'll brave it again...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyThu 26 Feb 2015 - 3:03

I have the urge to start NG+ on DS after I stayed up the other day into the wee hours of the morning watching ManVsGame on twitch replay it, the only thing holding me back from that is the fact that Bloodborne is so close to being out.

andyman949 wrote:
Blight Town is the point I left my game at (well maybe somewhere on the way after getting cursed. One day I'll brave it again...

DO IIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyThu 26 Feb 2015 - 18:29

I'm currently on the Quelaag boss fight. I'm in that annoying rut where each time I fight her I'm doing slightly worse than the time before. I guess I need to go do something else for a bit and come back.

To answer Jay: my from rate hasn't been an issue. Obviously it can be pretty bad in places but not so much as to impact the gameplay.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyThu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:22

Aye the frame rate is at it's worst at the top of blight town, I never had much issue with it after the first bonfire.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyThu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:25

Killed Quelaag, rung my first bell, killed Ceaseless Discharge, realised I've played in a funny order, started my way back up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyThu 26 Feb 2015 - 20:54

Wait wait wait, Blighttown was your first bell? You're going to find the upper Undead Burg so easy after that. Laughing

Also, props to taking on Ceaseless Discharge so early as well - he was quite late on for me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 8:27

That has made me chuckle that blight town was your first bell but it just shows the freedom this game offers and only makes it that much better because everyone will make progress in different ways.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 9:23

I suppose it makes sense though, considering you are offered a choice at the start - I think the crestfallen dude by Firelink Shrine's bonfire says that there's "one above, and one below". Although, I think I ended up down in New Londo Ruins when he said that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 12:14

Oh it definitely makes sense but I think blight town is just built up as this notorious area (for the obvious reasons) and don't get me wrong it is up there as one of the most annoying areas in the game but maybe if most people done it first then it wouldn't be considered to be that bad.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 EmptySat 28 Feb 2015 - 10:00

Is Blight Town worse than the Gutter in DSII? Admittedly, I did that "route" before some of the others, which probably wasn't sensible, but meandering around / up / down a dimly lit maze for about 5 hours was almost breaking point for me. In fact I missed the jump into Black Gulch because I thought it was a trap.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 11 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next