We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptySun 10 Aug 2014 - 17:39

Jay wrote:
If you want 100%, you'll have to go to NG++  Balladeer 

Oh I'm aware of that I just want get all I can get on my first run through so I have a less to do when I eventually get there, also not that great at PvP so that's a no go.

Jay wrote:
I'm currently making a dex/faith character to play the DLC with - never played faith before and I enjoyed dex in DkS so figured it'd be a laugh

You using a soul vessel to re-spec your stats then or starting over?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptySun 10 Aug 2014 - 18:05

I started over - I also wanted to play as a Deprived and see how they play early-game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 11 Aug 2014 - 1:12

Always been interested in the miracle/sorcery side of things but I reckon I might be too ingrained in the ways of melee/pyro.  Falcon Punch

Spoiler:

Last edited by The_Jaster on Wed 13 Aug 2014 - 1:51; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : My recent DSII adventures.)
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 13 Aug 2014 - 15:00

I have finished the first DLC for DS2 and can say that it is quite good. It has a similar length to the Artorias DLC for the previous game and costs less, the few bosses provided are all unique and challenging and the lore and items feel well constructed. Enemy design is of a higher quality than some of the main game.

Would definitely recommend. Lots of good dex items and a few new additions to sorcery and miracles. Unfortunately my strength character received no benefit from doing the new areas but it is still very fun.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 13 Aug 2014 - 17:33

Ah, so making a dex/faith character for the DLC was a wise choice then!

Jas:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 13 Aug 2014 - 23:35

JayMoyles wrote:
Ah, so making a dex/faith character for the DLC was a wise choice then!

Jas:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

As for the DLC I got the season pass for it the day it was out but I don't know when I'll get around to trying it & that's nice to hear about the enemy designs.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 14 Aug 2014 - 0:11

The DLC is actually meant to be played at the stage you're at now. However, you're as well as beating the core game first - you're not forced immediately into NG+, which is nice!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 14 Aug 2014 - 19:50

Aye to be honest I'm not playing much else at the minute (just some MH3U multiplayer here & there) so once I finish the main game I'll prbably make a start on it.

DSII spoilers:

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptySat 16 Aug 2014 - 1:26

The_Jaster wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
I totally get what you mean by the bosses - it felt like too many of the bosses in DSII were variations on "dude with armour".

Aye, not good when I can count my favourite bosses on one hand either.

JayMoyles wrote:
Which were your favourites then? We can move to the Souls thread so not to as clog up here with too much DSII discussion.  Balladeer 

There's a few optional bosses that I haven't done but these are the ones that spring to mind.

Skeleton Lords - This reminds of my favourite area in Dark souls (Catacombs) and its also the only place you can see the bone wheel enemy even though they're are much weaker.

Giant Lord -
Spoiler:

Demon of song - just love the creepy design of this one and the belly flop attack is some sight to see.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptySat 16 Aug 2014 - 12:35

Not a fan of Velstadt? He felt like one of the better humanoid bosses in the game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptySat 16 Aug 2014 - 15:22

Aye he was good & I did wear his armour for a good while after I beat him.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 10:48

I've started playing this at long last. At the moment, because I assume I'm not supposed to know what I'm doing, I'm loving it. Although, due to the reputation of the game, I did miss the tutorial section because I thought the mist was "a high level scary thing".
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 19:32

I do suggest having a walk through the tutorial area - it's a good intro to the basics of the game!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 10:39

Good to see that you are enjoying it Jimbob, I'd also agree with what Jay said about having a look at the tutorial section again if not then Undead burg is still a good place to learn even if you want just keep sitting at a bonfire to reset enemies.

---

In my DSII adventures I finished the last DLC recently & brought to a close me playing the game (for a while at least as I still want to plat it) loved the look of the frozen location & how you had to backtrack through areas after you met a certain goal.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 19:20

I've yet to play the DLC! I've been returning to DSII semi-regularly to advance my new character. I'm currently at the Undead Crypt - I'll probably take on the DLC after the Dragon Shrine.

Oh, and is it DSI or DSII you're playing Jimbob? I'm assuming 2 by the tutorial mist comment as the tutorial in DSI is unavoidable.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2014 - 22:59

It is DSII. I really worry about my state as a hardcore gamer - even when going back to the tutorial section, there was still another bit I missed.
Also, I'm not even entirely sure I've been to Undead Burg. This all worries me as, when playing a Zelda or Elder Scrolls game, I meticulously search the perimeter of any area to make sure I've not missed any houses / people / exits.
Mym mum's started watching me play now (disclaimer: she's a big Zelda / POP / Uncharted fan - if I had kids yet, she'd be the coolest grandmother) and she has to keep reminding me to use the Z-targeting.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2014 - 4:20

Jimbob wrote:

Also, I'm not even entirely sure I've been to Undead Burg. This all worries me as, when playing a Zelda or Elder Scrolls game, I meticulously search the perimeter of any area to make sure I've not missed any houses / people / exits.

I wouldn't worry about missing the Undead Burg - that's in Dark Souls I. Winky Face

And as for the houses and such, don't worry too much about that either. You'll unlock certain parts of the hub area as you progress. One thing I do recommend doing is exhausting the dialogue of any NPC you meet - you'll often get goodies, progress a questline or they'll return to the hub area and expand their wares.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 17 Oct 2014 - 23:08

Oh. Phew! Back to Smarmy Cat it is then.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Oct 2014 - 21:03

Rumours about that there might be more DLC for DSII on the way.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Darksouls2/comments/2jxqaj/high_chance_of_new_dlc
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptySun 2 Nov 2014 - 17:29

I think I'm getting the hang of this now. Finding secret bits makes you feel like a boss. Speaking of bosses, the FUCKING BOSSES IN THIS GAME. I've done quite a bit of exploring but I'm at a stage where
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptySun 2 Nov 2014 - 20:18

Have you fully done the forest of the fallen giants? If so you should have had gotten key off a boss that opens a few locked doors in the area.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 5 Nov 2014 - 21:49

I did - I killed Mr. Lastgiant and his doughnut head, and have opened all the orange doors. I've also sorted out that cheaty-arse armoured dude as well. Basically I'm an idiot and keep branching off all over the place. I've got to the Lost Bastille from two different locations (the Forest and the Wharf).

And I rid the Dragonslayer last night, but haven't been beyond the cathedral yet. Exciting!
This is the Zelda crossover that should happen, according to that NintendoLife article that was in another topic!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 2:56

I wouldn't worry about branching all over the place too much as DSII has the bonfire warp ability so you can't really get lost so if you hit a brick wall you can just go back to Majula, you should be fine though as the souls games do reward (and sometimes punish) exploration.

I would suggest you focus on the lost bastille for now though.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptySun 9 Nov 2014 - 9:37

I've branched out all over the bloody place now! Although I've got to the Lost Bastille, found a key in one half, and opened a door in the other, I'm now stuck. I've also got down to the Black Gulch, took one look at the enemies and went "nope"; however I also got the feathery thing so I can get into the Shaded Woods, which I'm currently exploring. I think I've got a couple of items that I've not shown to the right person yet.

Wow, it feels like being a kid again...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014 - 23:47

DOUBLE-POST ARSEHOLERY

I get Jaster's Wii U speech bubble now - "Seek, Seek, Lest"

It's a breath of fresh air, but it still does the Animal Crossing Repeat-o-Text.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 10 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next