We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Mar 2014 - 19:00

If I remember correctly I was around mid 40s when I tackled Sen's fortress/Anor Londo, nothing wrong with being prepared.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Mar 2014 - 19:18

I took your advice and took on the Catacombs and Darkroot Gardens/Basin.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Mar 2014 - 20:00

JayMoyles wrote:
I took your advice and took on the Catacombs and Darkroot Gardens/Basin.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Mar 2014 - 14:51

So an amazing thing happened. Jas, you're probably going to hate me for this...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Mar 2014 - 18:53

JayMoyles wrote:
So an amazing thing happened. Jas, you're probably going to hate me for this...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Mar 2014 - 18:56

I'll return there and have a look for anything I missed.  Smile 

So, what's the major differences going from Dark Souls to Dark Souls II, those who are playing/have played it?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Mar 2014 - 21:50

My quest hath been competed, love this game to bits & I'm so tempted to start dark souls 2 right now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 8:29

Congrats Jas! Have a gif, on the house. It's lovingly entitled "every boss in the game".

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 23610
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 9:18

Well, I have played both Dark Souls games to death... (sorry) I can say with confidence that the PvP in Dark Souls 2 is way better, simply because backstabs are not the norm and the general connectivity has been streamlined very well.

My personal opinion on what works well for the first game is plenty of points in Dex and Faith and definately a 25% equip load, or whatever it takes to do the super fast roll. Of course I feel that for first time players it is more fun/challenging to make whatever decision they want, having magic makes things a little less of a burden though.

For differences between the two games I would say that Dark souls 2 has less annoying areas but makes up for it with tougher normal enemies and way, way more bosses. Gameplay feels smoother and has been streamlined in ways such as being able to fast travel from the start, improving equipment also now leaves more room for trial and error rather than giving a very limited supply of titanite (upgrade material)

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 12:24

JayMoyles wrote:
Congrats Jas! Have a gif, on the house. It's lovingly entitled "every boss in the game".

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 23610

Haha! Brilliant!

@vidofnir

I coped the majority of the time with the medium roll & that only changed for a handful of bosses/sections, there was even times when I went to fast roll it would throw me off because I wasn't used to moving so quickly.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 13:00

I've not used the fast roll at all so far. Medium load has served me well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 21:40

DSII trailer at the cinema today. It's pretty mainstream now I guess, huh?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 21:43

That's big! Normally it's only your Call of Duties and your Fifas that get exposure like that.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 22:01

Made it look amazeballs as well, it did.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 22:03

Do you know if the trailer they showed is up on YouTube? Wouldn't mind having a gander at it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 22:09

I'll look into it tomorrow when I get home to where the Internet actually works.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 16:17

Isn't it just an edit of the announcement trailer?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 22:58

It was this one.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 23:01

I...did not expect to hear the Pixies there. Interesting song choice. The trailer definitely made the game look like a million bucks though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 1:00

Aye that was a shortened version of the announcement trailer but still good see it get that kind of exposure.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 17:08

Oh for anyone still playing the first Dark Souls, I have characters at soul level 103, 51 and 77. I think the range to summon people is 10 levels + 10% so if anyone fancies some jolly co-operation or teaming up to ruin some invaders day we can arrange something.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 17:37

What do you play on Vido? I'm on PC and I'm approaching the last few bosses in the game - just beat The Four Kings and I'm in the Duke's Archives right now!
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 18:18

Ah I have it on 360, for some reason the game being multi-platform flew straight over my head. Good luck with the Archives though! Do you have the prepare to die addition?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 19:29

It really is a shame we all seem to be on different systems (apart from me as Buska) some GNamer co-op shenanigans would've been great.

Isn't the coop in DSII handled differently or does it still match folk by soul level?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 21:05

I do indeed have the Prepare to Die edition! Am I not wrong in saying that 360/PC players can play together? The PC version uses GFWL and uses my Xbox Live account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 3 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next