We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 1:35

Jas, babes, have you started II yet? Cos whenever you start, I'll jump in and try to keep up and then as well as working through it together we can co opp it xx
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 1:44

Nah no yet, trying to 100% DKCTF or at least see all the levels before I start DSII but I'll definitely be up for some co-op so I'll let ye know when I do start.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 1:45

Buskalilly wrote:
Jas, babes, have you started II yet? Cos whenever you start, I'll jump in and try to keep up and then as well as working through it together we can co opp it xx

*adds "Overaffectionate Forme" to Drunkalilly entry in GNamédex*
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 1:48

There's no rush darling, I've got a list of shit I want to power through. But it would be chill to darken some souls with a budski.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 16:38

Jas or Vido, give me words of advice!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 17:14

@jay

Spoiler:

Last edited by The_Jaster on Sat 29 Mar 2014 - 17:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 17:15

I've got Ornstein's Armor with Havel's Gauntlets, and I'm not getting cursed quickly, so there's that!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 17:20

Is that still medium load wise? I had to go light for that fight so I could run quickly, think I used the dingy robes.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 17:35

I can't remember how far I got in the first game. I know O+S have fallen, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head. Achievement list says I have the Lordvessel, but I also know that the less linear format of the game means that doesn't tell you quite so much.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 18:11

The_Jaster wrote:
Is that still medium load wise? I had to go light for that fight so I could run quickly, think I used the dingy robes.

Medium load, yeah. I could probably take off the Havel's Gauntlets for light load.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 20:28

@Jay

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 21:29

I managed to beat him!  Grin 

Also, Vido, definitely game for GNuzlocke Challenge 2.0.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 0:10

Seath is definitely weak to lightning, also they really did go all out in the demon ruins area.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 14:45

I was reading up on the development of Dark Souls, and the article mentioned that a couple of areas of the game were unfinished by the developer's admission, namely Lost Izalith.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 17:09

JayMoyles wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 17:43

Rum Rapture wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 19:21

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 20:58

Rum Rapture wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Well, he is blind...

And that's not foreboding at all Vido.  Aww!

EDIT: Broken broken terrible boss. Not impressed! It's dead, but man was that a mess. Compared to the masterfully designed O&S fight, that boss was utter shite. Hell, most of Demon Ruins and all of Lost Izalith was unimpressive. You can definitely see the lack of polish on these areas that the others have. They were merely okay, which is a testament to the design of the other areas. Two more required bosses to go till I'm done!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptyMon 31 Mar 2014 - 3:40

I like the way ruins/izalith looked but I cant really argue with your other points, thought it was a bit weird where you pick up the orange charred ring as the game generally tucks away items like that in areas you wouldn't think of.

Also mas didn't think you'd finish by DSII's PC release Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptyMon 31 Mar 2014 - 23:50

ONE. MORE. BOSS.  Grin 

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 0:10

Watch out, we got a Katana user over here.

I have had a lot of fun with DS2 but In seeking a challenge I joined the
Spoiler:
I don't really see it as a spoiler, its just the name of a covenant in the game available from the get go.

Anyway this covenant
Spoiler:

Should be fun/frustrating.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 0:15

Hey, what's wrong with a katana? My Uchi's carried me through the entire game.  Grin 

Oh wow! I knew there were items that would make the game harder if you used them, but that certainly sounds like quite a game changer. How would you rate DSII compared to DSI Vido?

Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 1:19

Hmm, I like 2 better overall. I think that Dark souls 1 perfected the weight of weapons and armour and how this made controlling them feel almost 'authentic' if such a thing is manageable. You feel allot more nimble in 2.

Some people say the graphics took a hit in 2, I don't mind though because there is no sudden frame crashes like in blight-town. The game is longer and has more bosses, though most don't feel as monumental as those in the first game.

I say 'most' as some will destroy you, in this way damage feels accurate. in DS1 any old boss did lots of damage even if the attack looked unastounding. If a boss is big and does some sort of charging attack it will one shot you. Some of the smaller bosses will be a test of agility.

There are also a vast array of weapons available in 2 with durability being re-hashed to create a balance between a glass cannon (katana) and something reliable yet mundane (broadsword). There is also loads of crazy magic to employ from soul spears to setting yourself on fire.... yes, this is an actual spell.

Overall 2 is bigger better and you will die lots more, at the cost of maybe a little graphics wise and possible quantity over quality in enemies/bosses, although they are still pretty good.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 17:30

And I'm done!  Grin 

Managed to kill the final boss with a parry and riposte, which felt SO damn satisfying.

I'll probably pick up Dark Souls II after my exams, as it releases on PC like two days before they start.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 19:32

Congrats Jay!

As I said before the katana served me well for while but once I tried out the great swords I didn't turn back (until I turned one divine to deal with Nito's skele's) also with the final boss the only way I could get blows in was to parry/riposte so it got pretty dicey at times.

edit: question for Jay in the spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 4 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next