We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 15:59

Massive progress for me. I'm going to be very vague, but all I'll say is Guesstus Flask is going to get veeeery interesting in its later episodes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 19:09

Currently fighting
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 21:21

Drunka's spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 23:04

I finally collected my last possible miracle & ring of NG and have now passed into NG+, 2 bosses down and on we go...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 23:27

Killed 'em!

Spoiler:

Now, downstairs to the... oh. I'll leave that until the morning I think...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 23:53

Drunkalilly wrote:

Now, downstairs to the... oh. I'll leave that until the morning I think...

...for the best, trust me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 18 Apr 2016 - 0:13

Is that the area Andy said he pretty much ran through or not? If so apart from a few pesky enemies I didn't find it too bad. Razz

---

In other news that bloody Darkwraith mask still won't drop for me. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 18 Apr 2016 - 0:27

I just saw the name, and made inevitable associations with the original Dark Souls.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 18 Apr 2016 - 7:38

I was just fed up of the relentless nature of the enemies.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 18 Apr 2016 - 16:57

Drunkalilly wrote:
I just saw the name, and made inevitable associations with the original Dark Souls.

That was my favourite area in Dark Souls.

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I was just fed up of the relentless nature of the enemies.

Hmmm....fair enough maybe I just like battling that enemy type.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySat 30 Apr 2016 - 1:06

I'd not been super into the multiplayer before, but immediately after beating
Spoiler:
I popped down a summon sign and Sunbro'd for a load of players. It was really fun! Mucking about with emotes, working together to stop the boss, pulling off last-minute wins... a really fun side to the game I'm looking forward to exploring more.

After that...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySat 30 Apr 2016 - 15:20

Aye they don't call it Jolly co-operation for nothing, I never really done it a whole lot in DaS but I summoned people here and there for myself but never helped anyone else but all that changed in DaS II & III where after beating certain bosses I'd happily help folk out with the boss for a good 2 - 3 hours.

It's also a great way to farm souls & as you said fun with emotes always happens just like this:  Grin

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 Cg5Cv2TWwAEuoaO
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySat 30 Apr 2016 - 16:48

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 Screenshot-Original
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySat 30 Apr 2016 - 20:18

That pic seems to be broken for me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySat 30 Apr 2016 - 20:31

Yeah it is for me now as well. I'll look at it later.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySun 1 May 2016 - 11:58

Anyone else tried Ni-Oh demo, it's very souls like.

I was getting on okay with the game in till a graveyard then I got wrecked and tried a few other times and it's just to slow & souls like for me. Still planning on trying Bloodborne again though as that's a bit quicker.

Also From Software put this up, the last system has me hyped for a From Software game more then I should.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySun 1 May 2016 - 12:29

I didn't get along with Nioh and I didn't think it was particularly souls like. It felt cheap and I couldn't be arsed pushing through. Possibly just a very poorly paced/explained demo but it quickly left my harddrive.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySun 1 May 2016 - 14:21

Everything about it screamed Souls to me part from the stance mechanic.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySun 1 May 2016 - 16:21

I agree with Andy that it's a very poorly explained demo, I had no clue how to even attack when I seen my first enemy but I can definitely see the Souls influence in there but whether the world becomes as varied as a souls game we will have to wait and see.

The combat is very different and more action/combo based (the team ninja stamp is clear to see) but it along with the difficulty definitely needs to be refined for the final game though apart from that for an alpha I thought it was Okay.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 17:18

I think Souls 3 kicks the cinders out of the original, but isn't quite as good as Bloodborne is as a single player experience.

I finished my first go without looking anything up - until I'd beaten the final mandatory boss, at which point I looked up some guides and found a few optional areas I had missed. I failed pretty much every NPC quest so I'll go through those at some point, along with finding all the covenants and stuff.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 19:18

Those are mighty big words & on a technical level you may be right but the interconnected world of DaS makes it better for me, I've watched a few pvp streams by Rich Stanton and he compared DaS 3 to being like a "best of album" which I totally get.

Though perhaps my mind will change with more play through's as it did for Bloodborne. (it's DLC pushed it up to Dark souls levels for me)
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 19:42

Coming from me it's not really saying much because I'm not a fan of the original. I've heard Videogamer's, Burns , make the same "best of album" remark in his discourse on Souls 3 and I agree with the anology too.

I think the difference between us is whereas a fan of the original album will appreciate all those tracks that aren't smash hits but fit within the album in order to tell something bigger than the sum of its parts, I only like the smash hits. So for me, the whole world not being as seamlessly interconnected, just doesn't bother me. In fact, I quite like that it is difficult to get lost until The Road of Sacrifices, since it helped me feel a lot less overawed by the game in the early going.

The other main difference for me is that I simply find the original's combat to be too plodding. Souls 3 has a tempo that suits me much more.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 19:52

I am at the final boss! I'm currently in the process of mopping up some other bits I missed. As far as I can tell (I'm trying not to look at anything as much as possible) the only bit I didn't discover for myself is the area I'm just doing now, and I kicked myself when I found out about it.
Spoiler:
On the subject of Dark Souls vs Dark Souls III, I can see both sides. For me the original still cinches it, but it's bloody close.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySun 8 May 2016 - 0:43

I've been getting into PVP properly for the first time in the last couple days or so & it's been an absolute blast either being summoned for 1 on 1's or happening upon the fight clubs that are dotted about Lothric.

I'm winning some & losing probably a lot more but it's so much fun seeing all the weapons people bring to the table, some of which I wasn't even aware of then trying to figure out how to counter those weapons/people's play styles. I'm definitely going to go through the game again to make a character specifically for PVP.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 EmptySun 8 May 2016 - 19:52

I like the royal rumbles the Mound Makers cause. Had quite a few around the Road of Sacrifices with the host, Watchdogs of Farron and other invaders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 24 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next