We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 09 May 2016, 01:11

Muss wrote:
I like the royal rumbles the Mound Makers cause. Had quite a few around the Road of Sacrifices with the host, Watchdogs of Farron and other invaders.

Yeah, I posted a video of a fight club I joined going tits up on twitter earlier & I couldn't help myself from joining in the crazy battle that erupted but I noticed half way through a few red phantoms waving a torch to stop me.

Even though it was those fools who started it, I was laughing like mad during it though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 09 May 2016, 12:42

Been doing some Mound Maker duelling myself - I'm getting pretty good at it. I'm flattening fools with my +10 Heavy Cathedral Greatsword. Smile

On another note, fuck having to grind out the Darkmoon covenant reward by killing the same enemy over and over. I've not been summoned for the Darkmoon covenant at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 09 May 2016, 12:56

I'd advise just waiting for ++ for it, the enemies aren't too much worse and you can have covetous +2, plus you'll have accrued 6 free ones & hopefully have been summoned a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 09 May 2016, 14:40

I've got 5 so far - 2 free ones and 3 from about 45 mins of grinding. I might knock out the rest of the Vertebra Shackles before heading to NG+.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 09 May 2016, 15:44

A streamer I found recently who pvp's a lot calls them the blade of the latemoons because they always seem to show up after the host is dead. Laughing Tbh the it sounds like the auto summon isn't working as it should be & this is why DSII's set PVP arenas weren't a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 09 May 2016, 15:47

It takes so long to load the new area the battle is almost always over, the few times I had a good run with one involved me having caught a lift elsewhere Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 09 May 2016, 15:59

If the load times are the issue then the auto summon should be directly tied to when a red invades so a darkmoon & red phantom effectively arrive at the same time albeit at different spawns.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyThu 12 May 2016, 19:38

Has anyone taken a look at Videogamer's "A man who hates Dark Souls Plays Dark Souls?

I found their Bloodborne series a good occasional laugh, but Souls 3 seems to have sapped the life out of Miller.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyThu 12 May 2016, 19:40

I watched the first episode live, but the combination of him genuinely not having any fun, and deliberately goading Souls apologists, just didn't make for great viewing. From what I can see on twitter, they're not planning to run with this one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyThu 12 May 2016, 19:51

When you finish Bloodborne, you should watch some of those.

He seemed to be really up for beating it to prove a point, and he was actively trying to get to grips with the game - lore aside. I just logged onto Twitter to see that tweet, probably for the best.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyThu 12 May 2016, 20:04

Yeah, I will watch some of the BB stuff when I've played that. This was a whole different emotion though.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyWed 01 Jun 2016, 19:05

Contrary to the norm for me, I've had a stab at Souls 3's NG+ to try and get all the covenants and do a few of the side quests I missed. I'm using a guide to walk me through the missions, but the game seems super easy. I found that surprising because I thought Bloodborne's NG+ was a cut above NG.

I've managed to best every boss first time - except bloody Wolnir - and with my Black Knight Sword and the shield that Dragon Armour boss used, I'm making short work of pretty much everything that's come my way.

It has still been a really good way of getting involved with covenant stuff though. I'm not too bothered about maxing out any given covenant allegiance, but I've been able to give all of them a fair go online now except for the dark mooners and the aldritch lads - I've only just unlocked those.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyThu 02 Jun 2016, 12:11

I've not went into NG+ myself yet but I've been hearing from folk that it is a tad easier than previous NG+ in other games & not only that enemies are not changed up or added at all which is all a bit weird tbh.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyThu 02 Jun 2016, 21:34

I breezed my way through to Irithyll Dungeon with little difficulty - beat most bosses first time (Aldritch can still fuck off) and most areas were a piece of piss.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 01:33

We all doing this aye? Cool, sound, smashing & superb!

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 R3Mtb3C
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 06:26

Yeah, I reckon I will. Been meaning to start a new character anyway, and I've got it on my Xbox one as a freebie with III.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 07:52

I'd be tempted if I had an Xbox version, but I've got a fair bit I want to play right now so it's a no from me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 16:48

Drunkalilly wrote:
Yeah, I reckon I will. Been meaning to start a new character anyway, and I've got it on my Xbox one as a freebie with III.

Oh yeah! I wish Sony would get their finger out & give ps4 some backwards compatibility, I wouldn't just use it for souls games either as I've got plenty games to finish on ps3 but I just can't be arsed hooking the console up for it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 17:04

It's not a case of pulling their finger out, it's a case of them backing down on PSNow. They don't need to win people over as PS4 has already "Won" the gen, so they really have nothing to gain by allowing backwards compatibility, they'd just lose whatever cash PSNow is earning.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 17:14

Honestly forgot about PSNow & wouldn't mind them giving us more incentive to use it, not sure if it does this or not but if I could access my saves using the PS cloud that'd be a nice start.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 23:21

Pretty sure you can, as long as they're uploaded from your PS3 in the first place obvs. I wouldn't want to use it for something like DS, Jess is having a rough enough time using it for a Visual Novel.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyWed 08 Jun 2016, 19:24

It'd be like playing online PVP but for the whole game. Laughing

Seems I've jumped the gun then - I started this again shortly after beating DSIII, and I'm up to the big diverging point of choosing which Great Lord to go after.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016, 18:13

Some of you have told me already that I'm a idiot as my copy of Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin arrived today and I'm idiot for trying Soul's again with this game and not the first or Bloodborne but hey it was £6.

Anyway as it's here I could trade right in for £13 and get one of the above or something else, or I give the game a bash. If I do, what would be the best setup for someone like me who's played Demon's, Dark I and Bloodborne for a bit and none have clicked.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016, 23:50

I'd steer clear of a magic build as a new player - Souls is at its best when using its melee combat. I'd recommend playing along until you find a weapon you really like, then levelling yourself around that weapon.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 EmptySat 25 Jun 2016, 06:55

Yeah, I'd agree with Jay. Get a nice sword, roll and chop.

masofdas wrote:
Some of you have told me already that I'm a idiot as my copy of Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin arrived today and I'm idiot for trying Soul's again with this game and not the first or Bloodborne but hey it was £6.

I wouldn't say you're an idiot, I just think it would be a shame if your one big push was this one and you burnt yourself out or played through and decided that was enough without playing one of the better ones. But who knows, maybe II is the one for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 25 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next