We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptySat 25 Jun 2016 - 11:44

It was Andy who said the idiot part, yeah I agree if I'm going to go right let's sit down and give this another go. Two might not be the best option for that but like you say DSII may be the one that clicks.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptySun 26 Jun 2016 - 14:46

Drunkalilly wrote:
Yeah, I'd agree with Jay. Get a nice sword, roll and chop.

masofdas wrote:
Some of you have told me already that I'm a idiot as my copy of Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin arrived today and I'm idiot for trying Soul's again with this game and not the first or Bloodborne but hey it was £6.

I wouldn't say you're an idiot, I just think it would be a shame if your one big push was this one and you burnt yourself out or played through and decided that was enough without playing one of the better ones. But who knows, maybe II is the one for you.

There are crazy folk who have II as their favourite, I even know a chap on Twitter who loved DaS II but wasn't into Bloodborne a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 19:04

I started Dark Souls II today, I think it's the most I've played a Souls game for as I've played for over 3hrs. That's a positive and I was really enjoying myself even though I was a bit lost on where to go after I got out of the training area which was good at introducing me to the game with the controls etc.

Now in the wild and talking to some fine folk and walking of into different places and running away as the big guy in black locked like he would kill me with one swing, I headed to a forest.  

Got to a bonfire, was doing really well and up in till this point I hadn't died from a enemy but only due to my incompetence by falling of things. Anyway after buying some life gems and a blacksmith key of a lady, I went on my way with about 4000 souls still on me, then I came to what may be my first real challenge a giant stone ninja turtle who was easier then I thought he'd be. I read the messages about area coming up, this must be a boss the girl was talking about who can level you up.

The boss dude arrives and I do okay for about a minute or so, getting some hits in but I of course end up dying back I go and now suddenly any of sort of skill has gone as I die to Giant Stone Turtle that I don't even get to my souls to reclaim.

Now each time I'm seem to get even less far, I fall of the tree onto the house bit, I get killed by a boulder and so on for about the last 30 minutes and I've now given up as I'm annoyed & frustrated as I was doing so well.

I don't know if I'll continue playing as I'm in this spot now with no souls, no heath items and each time I die my health goes down that now I've got maybe 10% of what it could be. I've either got to get good again or maybe start again which I don't really want to go back through the last 3hrs again (will of course be less as I know where I'm going) to just get annoyed once more.

Now I'm not ruling out giving DSIII the only Soul's game I've not given a go as one review did say it might be the most assessable but the things I don't like about Souls will likely be there still.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 19:11

The health system in 2 is one of the main reasons I don't think so fondly of 2. Not having many/any estus flasks at the start is pretty crap, plus the fact it recharges so slowly and takes so long to drink is pretty poor. That's an issue you'd instantly fix by playing 1 or 3.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 19:50

I'm rather, meh, on Souls 1, and, judging from what I have watched of Drunks playing 2, I probably would dislike Souls 2 quite strongly.

But Souls 3 is, for my money, a far superior game - certainly in the early going. The start is fairly linear, and you'll likely get that feeling that you are getting better while also progressing through the game. With combat being a smooth joy, trading in some of the plodding patience required for the original game, you might be invested to the same extent I was by the time the going got tough and therefore be happy to work hard at an area where you've become stuck.

There's an optional boss in Souls 3, which I beat after many attempts, some of which where I was supporting another host player as a co-op buddy. That was the first, and only, time where I built up that elusive intimacy with an area of the game that Souls fans harp on about ad nauseum. That feeling of respect for a truly trying, but beatable challenge, which eventually crescendos into a "fuck yeah" once you topple the obstacle. With that in mind, if you do ever think about giving Souls another bash (maybe when it's cheap), I think you might just get on with 3, as I did.

There is also the fact, like Andy says, that in addition to the early game being more linear, the game is more generous with healing items. Additionally, Souls 3 makes it quite easy to summon buddies in the form of other players should you get completely stuck on a particular section of the game which helps.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 21:09

My biggest problem with 2 was the mandatory invasions. It cut out the whole risk/reward element of going human to summon help and just added an extra layer of difficulty to the game.

Also, you're playing Scholar of the First Sin, right Mas? From what I've seen, they went mad with the enemy placements in SotFS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 21:13

I've had no problems with the enemy placements from what I've played. Hmm some food for thought, on where to go from here.

Bloodborne would be a cheaper option then DSIII and is rather accessible from what I know about it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 21:33

Yeah, I honestly wouldn't start again if I was you as it's sounds like you've had a pretty normal souls experience so far, if you're still in the forest of the fallen giants then just stick with it farm some enemies you know you can beat to level up or buy some extra life gems.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 22:15

Nah, I wouldn't start again - you'll have this experience in every Souls game, to be honest, regardless of which one you pick.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 11:00

masofdas wrote:
. . . buying some life gems
. . .the girl who can level you up. . .
. . .each time I die my health goes down. . .

In one post there you've listed everything I hated about Dark Souls II. We tried to warn ya!

Yes, I know DSII isn't the only one with a level-up maiden but the load times felt really prohibitive compared to III and I haven't played Demon's.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 16:58

You did warn me but then again this is the Soul's / From Software came I've played the most of and like I say I was sort of enjoying it up in till this part of the game where I feel I can't move on.

There is a sale on the XBONE which includes Dark Soul's, I'm sorted to buy but from what Muss has said DSIII might be the better option if the start is more linear.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 19:28

Drunkalilly wrote:

Yes, I know DSII isn't the only one with a level-up maiden but the load times felt really prohibitive compared to III and I haven't played Demon's.

I'm pretty sure DKS1 is the only one without a level-up maiden, actually.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 19:36

I actually remember the one in Demon's as she has her eyes covered (maybe she has no eyes)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 21:59

Pretty sure she is at least blind, but I seem to assume that a lot...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 23:19

JayMoyles wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:

Bonfire maiden is best, no back chat. Winky Face

Andy wrote:

Pretty sure she is at least blind, but I seem to assume that a lot...

Curse hates wax. Razz
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 0:06

The_Jaster wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:

Bonfire maiden is best, no back chat. Winky Face

Bonfire Maiden is easily the hottest maiden.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 8:05

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 87be47290fcc3fa02dc0d6fae882c5c96dff7ff1301e8bc81a4e3fb8d1c171fe
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 8:10

It took me far too long to work it out Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 20:44

I fully expected a boothisman for that one. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 21:20

No way! Shocked Using boothisman against you would be like using the Master Sword to fight Link.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 21:16

So, I've been getting right back into Dark Souls. The Dark Souls III DLC is right around the corner, so I just started a new save file.

Since completing DSIII, I've been playing the original game in the neutral times of my existence. I've gone with a female dexterity character, very different from my usual play, and I've been trying to see the things I didn't before. I've sauntered down to Ash Lake, I've activated the dark Anor Londo, and I'm just about to get myself in position for the DLC.

The weird thing is how much easier the game feels on this revisit. In one sitting the other night, I killed the Hydra, explored around there, went to Sen's Fortress, did all of that, went to Anor Londo and fought my way to Ornstein and Smough. I stopped there to go to bed, then the next day I killed 0&S in my third attempt.

This was stuff that took literal weeks, maybe months, originally. Obviously, knowing my way around helps, but the way I've improved at this game is obvious. I mentioned on twitter how much the difficulty creep has changed what my idea of "hard" is.

Man, though.
Man.

Very good videogame, is that Dark Souls.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 22:46

Drunkalilly wrote:
I've gone with a female dexterity character, very different from my usual play, and I've been trying to see the things I didn't before.
Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 Giphy

I'm about to start DS3. I wouldn't find the original two as easy as you would, Drunka. I may have to turn in my hardcore gamer card.

Actually, have we ever done a "gamer bragging rights" topic? I say that knowing that we're not that fussed about 1-upping each other in reality.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 22:50

I do tell Muss and/ or Andy to "git gud" sometimes, but I'm mostly joking. Acting like being good at games is an achievement is a bit lame, isn't it?

That said, when talking to people who play games but aren't like us, saying "I've beaten all three Dark Souls games" seems to get a pretty impressed response.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyMon 24 Oct 2016 - 6:23

So, I also have a new character ready for the dlc & fighting the Dancer of the Boreal valley early is quite something & looking back I think my original character was way over levelled for that fight as I seen her do moves I hadn't before. After I defeated her with help from Jay I breezed through multiple areas because I knew exactly what I was after, I can see more clearly how people go about making PvP specific builds now which just adds longevity as well as a different way to play.

Feels like I'm busting the game wide open and looking at how the finer details work - What a game!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 EmptyMon 24 Oct 2016 - 11:04

I'm close to the Dancer myself, half tempted to have a pop at her . . . I do have a history of fighting Dark Souls bosses way too early!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 26 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next