The last deserted island I visited had smoke monsters and polar bears, not crippling debt and tents

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Tenderloin Minimise
The_Jaster

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyWed 8 Feb 2017 - 14:40

Drunkalilly wrote:
I know not everyone is super into pixel stuff, but check out Kingdom. Those water effects alone are making me want to play this game.

That really does look nice & it gives it a good sense of 3d depth as well.

EDIT: Also Cool Ghosts are the best! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Prince of Altea
Drunkalilly

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyWed 8 Feb 2017 - 15:25

The_Jaster wrote:

EDIT: Also Cool Ghosts are the best! Smile

Yassss! So glad they're back, hope it's a good year for the big men.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
Disciple of Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 19:33

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 The-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-1-7-700x394

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 The-Legend-Of-Zelda-Breath-Of-The-Wild-Footage

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 Maxresdefault

If there's any game that deserves to raise this thread...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Drunkalilly
Prince of Altea
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 12:07

Are we playing that game, are we? I'll stick to three, like you did.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 17499210

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 17553310

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 17554410

And that's just stuff I had saved on my laptop already! I have loads of screenshots on my Switch, and there are other areas I could visit. Thefalling plumes of lava in Mount Doom come to mind, or the oceanic weirdness of the Zora domain, or the characterful animations . . .
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 14:30

Mount Doom? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Drunkalilly
Prince of Altea
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 16:56

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Fine, Death Mountain.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
Disciple of Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 19:58

Is it time for another picture of Okami just looking lovely?

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 ZxSj1wXysgE1StFPmHlmyUcZsExWS32p

Why yes it is.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 20:32

Yay! I can't hold off purchasing Okami HD much longer, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Balladeer
Disciple of Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 21:21

One of us
One of us
One of us
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Disciple of Reggie
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 10:06

I took a few screenshots of GRIS

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 DufsFMbUcAAYuuL

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 DufsFMBU0AAefI1

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 DufsFMfVYAAXGQ_

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 DufsFMsU0AA1UdP

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 DufsM86VsAATK2F

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 DufsM9JV4AEgRxG

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 DufsM8nUYAAA3ZV

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 DufsM9aV4AAh9BB

It's amazing what you can do with just Black, White, Red, Blue, Yellow and Green
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
Disciple of Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 19:10

I think it's one of those games I'd need to see in motion. It looks nice, don't get me wrong, but I've seen better static art. I'm reckoning it'll all come into its own when you play it and control those colours and movements.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Disciple of Reggie
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 19:13

Yeah when you add colours to world it's rather lovely and it has I guess cutscenes which are lovely animated, like you could make a anime series like it but I can't show because spoilers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2018 - 0:13

That picture with the big blue woman is lovely - very dreamlike quality to some of this screenshots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6