Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)

Go down 
+12
Silver light
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Cube
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Balladeer
masofdas
beemoh
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyWed 8 Feb 2017 - 14:40

Drunkalilly wrote:
I know not everyone is super into pixel stuff, but check out Kingdom. Those water effects alone are making me want to play this game.

That really does look nice & it gives it a good sense of 3d depth as well.

EDIT: Also Cool Ghosts are the best! Smile
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyWed 8 Feb 2017 - 15:25

The_Jaster wrote:

EDIT: Also Cool Ghosts are the best! Smile

Yassss! So glad they're back, hope it's a good year for the big men.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 19:33

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 The-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-1-7-700x394

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 The-Legend-Of-Zelda-Breath-Of-The-Wild-Footage

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 Maxresdefault

If there's any game that deserves to raise this thread...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 12:07

Are we playing that game, are we? I'll stick to three, like you did.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 17499210

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 17553310

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 17554410

And that's just stuff I had saved on my laptop already! I have loads of screenshots on my Switch, and there are other areas I could visit. Thefalling plumes of lava in Mount Doom come to mind, or the oceanic weirdness of the Zora domain, or the characterful animations . . .
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 14:30

Mount Doom? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 16:56

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Fine, Death Mountain.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 19:58

Is it time for another picture of Okami just looking lovely?

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 ZxSj1wXysgE1StFPmHlmyUcZsExWS32p

Why yes it is.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 20:32

Yay! I can't hold off purchasing Okami HD much longer, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 21:21

One of us
One of us
One of us
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 10:06

I took a few screenshots of GRIS

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 DufsFMbUcAAYuuL

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 DufsFMBU0AAefI1

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 DufsFMfVYAAXGQ_

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 DufsFMsU0AA1UdP

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 DufsM86VsAATK2F

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 DufsM9JV4AEgRxG

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 DufsM8nUYAAA3ZV

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 DufsM9aV4AAh9BB

It's amazing what you can do with just Black, White, Red, Blue, Yellow and Green
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 19:10

I think it's one of those games I'd need to see in motion. It looks nice, don't get me wrong, but I've seen better static art. I'm reckoning it'll all come into its own when you play it and control those colours and movements.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 19:13

Yeah when you add colours to world it's rather lovely and it has I guess cutscenes which are lovely animated, like you could make a anime series like it but I can't show because spoilers.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2018 - 0:13

That picture with the big blue woman is lovely - very dreamlike quality to some of this screenshots.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019 - 12:58

Was going to post some Gears 5 but looking at screenshots it looks a tad boring but actually, Act and 3 going around on your skiff in the open-world sections is rather beautiful and one that does need to be seen in action.

Also from a technical point of view great as well.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2020 - 1:02

Ghost of Tsushima is just stunning. It's hard to find a picture that sums up just how beautiful its world is, because it's the wind and the colours that mark it out from other pretty open-world games. But I'm a big fan, and the fact that the nature is a gameplay mechanic too, means it's not just a cosmetic thing. I hope there's a sequel on PS5 - I can only imagine how that would look.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyTue 18 May 2021 - 12:19

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 Shenmue

I know this isn't a typically beautiful game (at least not now), but it struck me whilst re-playing Shenmue II just how well they made the most of the technology at the time.

The game feels busy and claustrophobic, despite never being crowded. The use of road/shop signs overhead gives the game a foreboding atmosphere that captures the way Hong Kong (presumably) was. Also, the washed-out, dirty look to the textures feel lived in and almost weathered. I never really appreciated it at the time, twenty years ago, but compared to the barren simplicity of Grand Theft Auto 3 which released at the same time, it's technically really accomplished.

The more I revisit the old Shenmue titles, the more I appreciate what they are as technical achievements. But I also like them less and less as actual fun video games.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyWed 19 May 2021 - 16:52

It was always the the sheer amount of things you could interact with in the Shenmue games that impressed me the most, in other games if you looked too close at certain things you'd essentially see the seams but it never felt like that with Shenmue at all.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyWed 19 May 2021 - 20:16

Nah, nowhere near crowded enough to be Hong Kong. Winky Face Probably a really good shot at it for the time though!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyMon 4 Apr 2022 - 12:30

I lost a bunch of photos I took up a mountain the other week cos my phone broke (got a new one now).

To fill time on my instagram feed, I finally bothered to move some beautiful landscapes saved on my PS4.

Elden Ring:

Bloodborne and Nioh:

I also grabbed a couple off my Switch
Pokémon Legends:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyWed 6 Apr 2022 - 12:51

I like to think your Bloodborne & ER character are the same person. Great screenshots.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyWed 6 Apr 2022 - 20:45

Buskalilly wrote:
I also grabbed a couple off my Switch

But Buska, Pokélegends is ugly, the Internet says so!

Nah that's some lovely shots. Vespiquen feels a bit out of place next to all the new 'Mons though!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyFri 8 Apr 2022 - 8:11

I'd never used her, she was new to me! And kind of the MVP too, that's a tough bee!

The_Jaster wrote:
I like to think your Bloodborne & ER character are the same person. Great screenshots.  

For a while I've been meaning to collect the various versions of me I've made in videogames and put them side by side. I have quite a cartoonish look, so I'm really easy to make in everything.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyFri 8 Apr 2022 - 8:11

MVB, if you will.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptyFri 8 Apr 2022 - 15:29

Buskalilly wrote:
I'd never used her, she was new to me! And kind of the MVP too, that's a tough bee!

The_Jaster wrote:

For a while I've been meaning to collect the various versions of me I've made in videogames and put them side by side. I have quite a cartoonish look, so I'm really easy to make in everything.

That'd be good to see. It's the beard options in games that stops me from creating myself most of the time so I tend to make either a battle scarred/blind old man or a Ripley/Samus-esque woman for my Souls/MH characters.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 EmptySat 9 Apr 2022 - 9:09

I more often make this redhead with a ponytail (it was originally my character in Mass Effect I think) as I generally have more fun as a female character in games. The dress-up element which is key in most of my favourite games is much more fun with dresses and stuff thrown into the mix.

Sometimes, though, I just wanna make myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next