We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)

Go down 
+12
Silver light
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Cube
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Balladeer
masofdas
beemoh
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 21:42

It's better in motion than in screenshots, I'll give it that, but still beautiful nonetheless.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 Okami-20080401042102380_640w

Most of the photos. on the Internet are of the HD version, which of course solves that problem easily.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 21:46

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 2609128-6308078119-3ds_y

CORRRRR!!!

*runs*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 21:58

Laughing at Yoshi's nose halfway through a coin.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 22:09

Balladeer wrote:

masofdas wrote:
See what your saying about the genre of realistic racer's is a lot like the kids with JRPGS.

It's almost like people can have different tastes in games!

Yeah Bingo yet you had a bit of ago at TCK at not liking JRPG's yet you are doing the same as him.

Ohh here's some nice looking games

Dust
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 Dust-a10
Enslaved
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 Enslav10
Resogun
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 Images12
Limbo
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 Limbog10
Bastion
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 Steelt10

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 27 Mar 2014 - 22:38; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 22:23

Mas, did you actually read that post?  It was in a Bravely Second thread, so entirely about one JRPG.  TCK came in and...

Actually, I'm not going to bring that post back up, beyond that paragraph.  Why you want to is beyond me, especially given that I've repeatedly stated that this is my personal opinion, that "I think".  Never have I said that as a result, these games should not be made.  Never have I said that they are objectively bad, nor even (which would be on-topic, albeit wrong) objectively ugly, although I will admit that that somebody finding graphics as impressive as art direction bewilders me.  And as a result of my disinterest, I don't post in their threads.

I am not doing the same as that post, and frankly I don't see how you can possibly think that if you've read both.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 22:36

I'm impressed by the graphics on a technical standpoint and art direction as art direction hence why at GDC, BAFTA you have two awards for each of them , it's the same with movies with Visual Effects and Cinematography.

Tomb Raider

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 Tomb-r10
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 22:39

Mas - Limbo is a gorgeous game, props for bringing that up. I think most indie titles have to stand out in some way, and solid visuals is the way most achieve it. Bastion springs to mind too.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 Bastion-screenshot-wallpaper-saving-zulf
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 22:55

I was left pretty unimpressed by Tomb Raider and I don't think the Definitive edition did as much as it could have done to change that. The environments still looked kinda naff.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 23:02

Not played it yet, but it looked like it had pretty rain effects, so there's that.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 23:04

That reminds me of how fantastic Pikmin 3 looked! I definitely need to replay that soon.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 23:14

I thought Lara looked gorgeous in Tomb Raider, not in that way Mr Lilly.

I do think indies are the best for this thread as they take risks and try new or different things.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 1:13

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 Ninokuni24
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 7:56

Don't do that to me Jas. Sad 

Anyway, I'm very surprised that nobody has mentioned this yet:

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 Ww2

I think this is the HD version, but honestly they're both beautiful.  That sea!

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 11:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 9:00

That's a shot using the Dolphin emulator. The HD version looks even nicer

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 UTcq9vY
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 T51B6pX
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 9:46

I totally forgot about Ni No Kuni, this whole thread could just be it

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 12346_10
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 10:05

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts looked lovely

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 OatFKWl
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 11:59

I think Wind Waker is one of those games which are just sort of accepted as being beautiful now, like an unsaid videogame fact.

Ni No Kuni is so damn gorgeous. I could easily see me picking up a PS3 on the cheap at some point just to play it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 12:01

I wouldn't worry about picking up a console just for Ni No Kuni, For all the beauty the gameplay is forgettable at best.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 12:04

It looked pretty fun to me! But I was somewhat RPG starved when I watched gameplay videos of it, so I may have been wrong.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 12:24

I think it looks more fun than it is. In reality it's more of a Tales of... lite. The second half of the game basically revolve around spamming 1 spell. Definitely fun but not a system seller.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 15:29

Ni No Kuni is amazing Jay well worth getting a PS3 for especially seeing how cheap you can get both. It's one of best JRPGS I've ever played yeah it might be a bit lite but the story and art etc are so good it raises it above most.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 15:42

But you could get the story and animation from a Let's Play if you wanted. If there were loads of other games Jay wanted on PS3 I'd say fire away just saying NNK alone isn't worth it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 15:45

Studio Ghibli having a hand in the visuals pretty much ensured Ni No Kuni wouldn't be anything other than breathtaking.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 19:40

Quick question, we keeping screens strictly to in game or are cutscenes allowed? Just asking as Mas' NNK pic was a still from an animated sequence.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 20:34

Anything that made you go "oooh" in a videogame should be fair game, I'd have thought!

While I'm sat down and comfy, I'll try and dig up some pretty shots.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 Xeno2

Even in SDef. jaggy-o-vision, you can't help but appreciate Xenoblade's scale and architecture. Delightful.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 Delfino-plaza

From its sunny shores to its pools of shifting multicolour goop, Super Mario Sunshine stands up well in the modern day.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 The-Legend-of-Zelda-Skyward-Sword_2011_11-13-11_001

In any other game series, Skyward Sword would be guaranteed to be the prettiest game. I can't find a good picture of the paint-like effect that the game uses for distance, but that too is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next