Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)

Go down 
+12
Silver light
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Cube
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Balladeer
masofdas
beemoh
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptyMon 28 Apr 2014 - 12:22

Valkyrie Profile 2 had some great graphics all thing considered.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 Flglre_zps51d7a77e

I can't find any images that do justice to some of the more visually spectacular graphical moments like the special moves, so a close up of Hrist smirking will have to do.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 May 2014 - 21:08

I know it's more Souls, but I was absolutely blown away by this vista I happened upon.

Late game Dark Souls II environment:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptyThu 22 May 2014 - 11:08

I thought this game had all ready been shown, but doesn't seem to have.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 13589311

More Child of Light

Someone wanted some VC, also there's a few more games I can thinking of that haven't been shown Rayman, Tales, Eternal Sonta for instance
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 Valkyria-chronicles-20080411040153763
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptyFri 30 May 2014 - 12:49

Some Mario Kart 8 goodness that I snapped.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptyFri 30 May 2014 - 12:53

Roll on filling the thread with MK8 pictures. Such a pretty game. Got to unlock the Rainbow Roads before I snap things!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptyFri 30 May 2014 - 18:30

Got to jump in here with some Transistor - love the cyberpunk aesthetic.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 Transistor_19-mar-2013_01
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptyFri 30 May 2014 - 23:26

Aye that does look really nice!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptyFri 30 May 2014 - 23:53

Do you have a PS4 Jas? Really worth a shot if you do.

Also, watching lots of MK8 footage has made me very jealous. It looks so vibrant!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 9:34

Before MK8 came out, I'd have advised anybody wanting to buy a Nintendo console to get a 3DS.  Now I wouldn't be so sure.  It really is that good.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 ZlCfzR_YNAApiP-Irr

Dat lighting.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 17:30

JayMoyles wrote:

Also, watching lots of MK8 footage has made me very jealous. It looks so vibrant!

Nope, none of the games on ps4 have interested me all that much to splash/save up the cash, I reckon I will get one eventually & I'll definitely pick up Transistor.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 17:35

The_Jaster wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Nope, none of the games on ps4 have interested me all that much to splash/save up the cash, I reckon I will get one eventually & I'll definitely pick up Transistor.

Is it worth eliminating the idea that it won't run on your PC first? http://store.steampowered.com/app/237930/
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 17:58

beemoh wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Is it worth eliminating the idea that it won't run on your PC first? http://store.steampowered.com/app/237930/

Yeah, it's not particularly graphically intensive so you might be okay.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 20:32

I only have a chrome book so that would be a no.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 23:49

Played a bit of Wind Waker HD on a friend's Wii U, I'm still not a fan of the new look, it's really inconsistent compared to the gorgeous cel shading in the original game. Whenever Link steps into shadow he has this curved rim lighting effect around him, which really looks out of place and almost as if he's not cel shaded at all (especially so whenever he opens a treasure chest).

Do love the new shadows, but overall it has this inconsistent look which really bugs me. And the new textures look a bit off, as if they've been filtered out in the move to HD rather than redrawn.

masofdas wrote:
I thought this game had all ready been shown, but doesn't seem to have.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 13589311

More Child of Light

Someone wanted some VC, also there's a few more games I can thinking of that haven't been shown Rayman, Tales, Eternal Sonta for instance
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 Valkyria-chronicles-20080411040153763

Wow, VC hasn't aged as well as I thought, do love the shading though but the environments come up a bit flat looking compared to the characters.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 1:15

fronkhead wrote:

Wow, VC hasn't aged as well as I thought, do love the shading though but the environments come up a bit flat looking compared to the characters.[/quote]

I'm sure I remember something about them intentionally making the backgrounds lighter shades than the characters. Perhaps not the best idea in hindsight.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 17:40

I know the art style isn't for everyone, but I still adore The World Ends With You's art style. Some of the character designs are a bit iffy, but I love the environments.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 60-image089
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 1:52

Here's some snaps I've taken from when I've been playing Alien isolation.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 B0RQcZ5IAAEMPq3

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 B0VWzdJIUAAmheQ
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 8:17

Laughing at the hippo.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 18:49

That made me smile quite a bit in a part that was quite tense & scary. (Happy hippo is the best)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015 - 11:27

Well this kinda died didn't it,

Well I was playing this yesterday and it's rather pretty
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 18rmfywkg5oeljpg
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015 - 17:31

Well... what is it? Razz

Re: Alien Isolation - I am really amazed at how well they replicated the aesthetic of the film. I think it was either PC Gamer or Empire brought an Alien superfan to assess its authenticity, and he was properly impressed, which should stand as a testament to the game's graphical quality.

In terms of prettiness that I've been playing, I'm really enjoying the leap in graphics from the original Binding of Isaac to BoI: Rebirth. In terms of lighting, effects, as well as - and this is personal preference over anything - the overall aesthetic of the game, it's really improved.

Here's a comparison between the two:

The original...

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 Cathedral

and Rebirth.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 468px-Cathedral
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015 - 17:47

It's Never Alone
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015 - 18:13

Jay wrote:
Re: Alien Isolation - I am really amazed at how well they replicated the aesthetic of the film. I think it was either PC Gamer or Empire brought an Alien superfan to assess its authenticity, and he was properly impressed, which should stand as a testament to the game's graphical quality.

It really is top notch and just another aspect that pulls you into the game/Alien Universe, also was this a full on article? As I'd quite like to read that.

Jay wrote:
In terms of prettiness that I've been playing, I'm really enjoying the leap in graphics from the original Binding of Isaac to BoI: Rebirth. In terms of lighting, effects, as well as - and this is personal preference over anything - the overall aesthetic of the game, it's really improved.

I love how in Rebirth you have the choice of smoothed effect or stick with the pixel-y goodness.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015 - 18:28

The_Jaster wrote:
Jay wrote:

It really is top notch and just another aspect that pulls you into the game/Alien Universe, also was this a full on article?  As I'd quite like to read that.

Jay wrote:

I love how in Rebirth you have the choice of smoothed effect or stick with the pixel-y goodness.

Found the article: http://www.pcgamer.com/how-authentic-is-alien-isolation/

And as for Rebirth, I honestly prefer the pixels! It gives a bit more charm - the smoothed effect reminds me too much of its old Flash engine, which was janky as hell.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015 - 20:25

Excellent wee read that even if his fanboy ways blind him on some of the ratings he gives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next