Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)

Go down 
+15
shanks
Vidofnir
Jimbob
Axis1500
Zaphod_B
Cube
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Athrun888
masofdas
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 10:58

Oh goodness, not the "Nintendo should stick with one system" rot again. Let it die, please.

I don't mind a couple of bare periods for the 3DS while they focus on the Wii U. eShop stuff and (hopefully) Tomodachi should keep me occupied for a while. That said, thee's no reason for Nintendo not to be releasing more (good) VC stuff in the gap, other than them being Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 13:07

It will never go away Balla there will always be someone that wants it.

But on a more positive thing E3 will be ending today/tomorrow due to timezones.

I hope we do the awards again I currently got mine written up ready to go but waiting to see a certain game later today before I decide one of the awards.

The categories this year are
Best Last Gen, So 360, PS3, Wii
Best Port/HD/Remaster/Re-release, A bit of a joke one but seems to be more and more of them also if a old game is coming with a new game it counts
Best Indie, Says what it says also best download also acceptable but more the journey's of this world then a child of light  
Best Vita Exclusive,
Best 3DS Exclusive
Best Multi-Platform, So a game not a exclusive eg Just Dance 2015
Best Xbox One Exclusive
Best PS4 Exclusive
Best Wii U Exclusive
Best New IP
Surprise Reveal, Something you didn't see coming
Best Company Showing, Any of them
Best Game of E3 2014, Anything
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 13:25

You know how I don't usually like lists? Well, I would like a list of Vita exclusives, please. There remain precisely none of them that I can recall.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 13:44

Thought you loved a good list.

Any way these and this video has some more. My pick is in the video and I kinda cheated
Brandish: The Dark Revenant
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Disgaea 4
End of Serenity
Murasaki Baby
Reel Fishing: Master's Challenge
Senran Kagura Bon Appetit
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Sword Art Online Hollw Fragment
Tales of Heart R

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 12 Jun 2014 - 14:07; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 13:49

Depends on the type of list! Got to be well formatted and not too long. Appreciated, anyhoo.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 14:01

What Balla looks for in a list

*Good formatting
*Brief length
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 14:05

Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 Goldstar
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 17:27

Treehouse at 17.30 today.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 19:29

Reggie is boring when he's not fighting Iwata. There, I said it.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 19:33

Balladeer wrote:
Reggie is boring when he's not fighting Iwata.  There, I said it.

Get out.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 20:54

Another blinder from the mainstream press.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 11:05

E3 has gone and been, I will be putting my awards up tonight, hope to see yours and after it's all done might see if there's an overall winners like if 5 out of 6 of us go for N company there the overall GNamer pick for the company award.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 17:27

Let's do this.  Wall o' text incoming:

Best Last Gen: Oh what the heck.  Were there any games for last gen. worth noticing?  Eh, none of 'em.

Best Port/HD/Remaster/Re-release: Pokémon ORAS looks pretty nice, but I can't say we saw much of it.  But I'm not a fan of remakes in general, so ORAS it is.

Best Indie: Might be useful.  Anyway, Guacamelee looked interesting, and I saw quite a bit of that, but Gunman Clive 2 made me squee unlike any other indie, so that gets my vote.  I didn't see much of Affordable Space Adventures, but that also sounds good.

Best Vita Exclusive: Danganronpa 2, out of a very dull selection provided earlier by Mas.

Best 3DS Exclusive: Not the most exciting list either!  STEAM is TBS and ORAS is a remake, so it's a point for Fantasy Life, with another appreciative nod towards GC2.

Best Multi-Platform: Struggling to give a monkey's here.  Erm...  Aha!  Super Smash Bros. 4 is coming out on two consoles, isn't it?  So, that.

...What?  Fine, then: Mirror's Edge 2.  At least it's vibrant and non-shooty.

Best Xbox One Exclusive: Ori and the Blind Forest.  I'm going to go a bundle on anything that looks Ghibli-ish, and the puzzle-platforming has hints of RLegends.

Best PS4 Exclusive: No Man's Sky, like everyone and their dog.  I'm always sceptical about procedurally generated worlds, but it does look beautiful, like a cel-shaded more placid Xenoblade.

Best Wii U Exclusive: I don't feel we saw enough of Zelda U, if I'm honest, otherwise it would definitely be my pick.  Needs at least some gameplay.  I think, after consideration, it'll be Xenoblade Chronicles X, edging ahead of Yoshi's Woolly World.  SSB4 still looked good, but I'd already seen enough of that.

Best New IP: Captain Toad!  A fine fungal fellow, whose game seemed more and more amusing as I saw more of it.  (Honestly though, if I had a One, it'd probably be Ori.  But I will never have a One.)

Surprise Reveal: Got several categories for this.

For best overall surprise, GNamer Skype text chat.  I didn't expect to talk to y'all as much as I did, but it definitely made the experience better.  I hope that more people will be able to join in next year!
For best thing I actually saw through my screen, Iwata vs. Reggie.  Nintendo's conference had its flaws, but it also had two senior execs. beating the **** out of each other.
For best surprising game, Zelda U.  How beautiful was that?  How epic did that look?  Don't know what I expected, but it exceeded my expectations!
And finally, for best game that I didn't know existed in any form, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.  As mentioned above, it looked better the more I saw.

Best Company Showing: Nintendo not only had the best showing, it had the best showing in at least three, possibly four years.  The conference may have been a bit muddled, but it showed off some great new games and new parts of old games (plus Reggie v. Iwata), and Treehouse delivered beyond any of my expectations.

Best Game of E3 2014: XCX, with YWW and Zelda U also looking great.

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 20:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 17:51

Yeah, alright, I'll give it a bash too.

Best Last Gen - Uhhhh... pass.

Best Port/HD/Remaster/Re-release - I'll give it to the oncoming original Ratchet and Clank remake because unlike The Last of Us, it's been LONGER THAN A BLOODY YEAR SINCE RELEASE.

Best Indie - Gotta go to No Man's Sky. Honorary mention goes to Mighty No. 9, which I am very hyped for.

Best Vita Exclusive - If you held me at gunpoint and asked me to name one, I'd be dead right now.

Best 3DS Exclusive - Hmmm. Let's go for Pokemon ORAS.

Best Multi-Platform - The Witcher 3 really impressed me.

Best Xbox One Exclusive - Sunset Overdrive looked lovely.

Best PS4 Exclusive - Bloodborne.

Best Wii U Exclusive - I'd love to give it to Zelda U, but like Balla I don't think we've seen enough of it yet. So Smash 4.

Best New IP - Honestly, No Man's Sky is probably taking this too.

Surprise Reveal - Not got much to say here. Bayo 1 coming with Bayo 2, Pac-Man in Smash, Halo Master Chief edition... all nice surprises.

Best Company Showing - Tough one this. Not Sony... it's between Microsoft and Nintendo. So, I'm giving Nintendo best in show, and Microsoft gets most improved.

Best Game of E3 2014 - We've seen a lot of it, but based on how hyped I was watching the Smash Tourney, it's got to go to Smash Bros. 4. That game will shift a lot of consoles come release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 19:36

Best Last Gen: Were there any?

Best Port/HD/Remaster/Re-release: Bayonetta 1. That counts, right? Anything that gives us the insanity of Bayonetta in a Link Costume has to be the best remaster ever. Plus, its Free!!!

Best Indie: Guacamelee. I really loved what I saw. A Mexican Super Metroid.

Best Vita Exclusive: Danganronpa 2. Danganronpa is one of the few games I'm interested in on the Vita - it seems very 999-esque - so the sequel naturally has my interested.

Best 3DS Exclusive: Codename: Steam. A game by the makers of Advance Wars, set in London, SteamPunk, team formed by Abraham Lincoln?!?!? Insane.

Best Multi-Platform: Amiibo doesn't count, so..... The Witcher 3, I guess. Simply because it looks very impressive.

Best Xbox One Exclusive: There's a lot to choose from, but I really like ScaleBound because its Kamiya, and because of the craziness of Kamiya appearing on a MS stage with the caption "Favourite Game: The Legend of Zelda". Honourable mention: Sunset Overdrive, just for the brilliant way they sent up the po-faced Military shooters in their trailer.

Best PS4 Exclusive: No Man's Sky. I was pretty underwhelmed by the PS4 line up, to be honest. It was all a blur. NMS takes it simply because its the only game I can actually remember anything about. By far the worst conference of E3 for me, with too much filler and really fake fan pandering.

Best Wii U Exclusive: Splatoon. Squid girls shooting ink at each other! Nintendo's take on the multiplayer shooter! That music! Really looking forward to this.

Best New IP: See above.

Surprise Reveal: I think the appearance of Conker in Project Spark has to be something that nobody could have possibly seen coming.

Best Company Showing: Nintendo. Treehouse made E3 for me. I miss it already. With 20 hours of content over 3 days, no other company came close. I will actually be disappointed if they do a traditional conference next year.

Best Game of E3 2014: Splatoon.

Last edited by Axis1500 on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 22:44; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 19:38

Balladeer wrote:
Best New IP: Captain Toad!  A fine fungal fellow, whose game seemed more and more amusing as I saw more of it.

I'm really struggling to reconcile putting that next to "New IP".
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 19:55

Guacamelee is really great fun. A Luchador Metroidvania is such a ludicrous idea, but it works really really well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 20:34

beemoh wrote:
I'm really struggling to reconcile putting that next to "New IP".

It's a new series, starring a character who has never been the star of his own game before. It definitely counts. Suck it up and post yer awards, instead of just snarking at me. Razz 

(If in your bizarre dictionary it doesn't count, Splatoon would pretty much win by default. STEAM is a TBS, Project Guard looks nerve-wracking, Giant Robot looks clunky as hell, and the others are all on the wrong consoles.)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 20:36

Best Last Gen: This has been summed up pretty well by everyone else, there wasn't anything specifically good for last gen. I'll say Far Cry 4, it didn't look like it was a dramatic increase in power for next gen other than the scenery so it'd run great I'm sure. I'd love to put Assassin's Creed Comet here but I've not seen anything about it.

Best Port/HD/Remaster/Re-release: Guacamelee One of my absolute favourite indie games now with extra powers and levels. It'll be hard not to double dip with this beautiful game. Dishonourable mentions to the twats at Rockstar who've clearly been working away at that port instead of giving us the heists they've been talking about since before launch. Also TLoU, the game is a year old, the PS3 isn't that expensive, it'll be on PS NOW and I hate the current milking culture.

Best Indie: I'm struggling with this, I don't have any major standouts. Affordable Space Adventure just about gets this but other than the ship maagement it didn't look like anything to revolutionary (it seemed very pixeljunk shooter to me). I don't trust No Man's Sky will actually have anything to do other than endlessly explore randomly generated planets yet, I hope I'm proved wrong!

Best Vita Exclusive: Danganronpa 2. I loved the first and can't wait to get back to more Monokuma themed madness!

Best 3DS Exclusive: Fantasy Life I knew next to nothing about this but after seeing it on the Treehouse I couldn't be more excited for it. It appeals to my love of doing every job/class in a game and looks like brilliant co-op fun.

Best Multi-Platform: This is a real tough one because it's the multiplats that are shining right now. I'm going to go with Battlefield: Hardline because I really like the idea of the multiplayer and the cops and robbers theme of the game. Looks Ace! I could quite easily throw Far Cry 4 and Creed Unity in here, maybe a few others too.

Best Xbox One Exclusive: Scalebound We may not know anything about it yet but this game has mega potential. I'm not as wowed by Sunset Overdrive as a lot of people (though it does looks fun it's still just an inFamous/Dead Rising mashup) so that can't take top spot, still looks fun though.

Best PS4 Exclusive: Uncharted The PS4 was really lacking exclusives so a bit of Drake and Sulley will have to do. I'm looking forwards to how this pans out and seeing how amazing the game looks and plays on the new hardware. Hopefully it will give me a good sense of closure as well.

Best Wii U Exclusive: The one and only Smash Bros for Wii U I was already super excited for this but the more I see, the more I love. This spot would probably go to X if the dodgy character models hadn't left a bitter taste in my mouth. Fix it before it's out please!

Best New IP: Battlefield Hardline Maybe I'm slightly cheating with this one but to me it's only using the Battlefield name to give it a bit of weight. It's a relatively unexplored direction for shooters and it just looks like a lot of fun.

Surprise Reveal: Scalebound I did not see Platinum coming out with an exclusive for the One but I'm always happy to get more from them.

Best Company Showing: Nintendo. Sony weren't even on the radar and Nintendo had the exclusives and the extended hours that have really been a great experience. Would I still like to see a Ninty press conference next year? Yes, but I want to be greedy and have the extras as well.

Best Game of E3 2014: Smash Bros for Wii U Honourable mentions go to Battlefield and The Division but I can't wait to get back to Smash.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 20:40

andyman949 wrote:
Surprise Reveal: Scalebound I did not see Platinum coming out with an exclusive for the One but I'm always happy to get more from them.

The entire Internet has been banging on about that for yonks! Where have you been? Razz 

Good votes though. I thought that you, Andyman, might actually vote for the MS showing.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 20:44

Apparently not on the internet  Laughing 
I did consider it but there was still a lot of multiplats which were then shown off further at other times (also the fake player thing was ridiculous, we can tell he isn't playing, put him away!)
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 20:50

Balladeer wrote:
Suck it up and post yer awards, instead of just snarking at me. Razz 

Alright, fine:

BEEMOH'S PICKS, BROUGHT TO YOU BY BALLADEFINITIONS

Best Last Gen: Hyrule Warriors

Best Port/HD/Remaster/Re-release: The Witcher III

Best Indie: Call of Duty

Best Vita Exclusive: Call of Duty

Best 3DS Exclusive: Call of Duty

Best Multi-Platform: Bayonetta 2

Best Xbox One Exclusive: Call of Duty

Best PS4 Exclusive: Call of Duty

Best Wii U Exclusive: Call of Duty

Best New IP: Captain Toad

Surprise Reveal: Nintendo doing an online video instead of a presser

Best Company Showing: THQ

Best Game of E3 2014: Nintendo Land

Proper awards to follow, promise
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 21:12

beemoh wrote:
I saw a rumour on NeoGAF that Platinum are going to announce an XBOne exclusive series.

First page of the thread, Andy! Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 21:38

We've had the good, so why not the bad. Here's my E3 Dishonourable mentions:

The Assassin's Creed Head on Pike reveal was exactly what I hate about the modern state of gaming. So pleased it didn't get a cheer.

Sony was by far the most disappointing conference. (I didn't watch EA/Ubi.) For every minute of games Sony showed, it felt like I had to sit through a longer amount of contrived, cringe-making material that didn't add anything at all. Fake letters, extremely unfunny jokes about Bro-Yoshida, statistics about how many times a button was a pressed, a bizarre focus on non-gaming stuff like the Powers TV show that would have made pre U-Turn Microsoft proud. Also, I expected to see at least something from: The Last Guardian, FF15, or Kingdom Hearts 3.

Suda51's Lily Bergamo being cancelled and replaced with Let It Die - yet another grimdark shooter.

Microsoft spoiling the ending to Halo 4 before announcing you could play Halo 1-4 on Xbox One. Seriously, why would you do that?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 21:54

I was going to do mine (restricted to Nintendo), but realised that most of it came down to "I can understand why this is a good thing, but it's not good for me" and "where were all the games I fantas-Ice-d about goddamnit?"  I'm a whiny bastard, but when Nintendo gave me the best E3 I've seen in at least three years, there's a limit to how whiny I can be without feeling like a self-entitled berk.

That said, less Audrey Drake couldn't not be a good thing.  Less of her voice, less of her laugh, and fewer creepy people on Axis' Twitter feed trying to Twitter-propose to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next