We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

amiibo

Go down 
+22
Fastpie
JayMoyles
oldschool
Admin
Sylveon
Gogoata
Zaphod_B
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Sentinator
fronkhead
shanks
beemoh
Treesmurf
Axis1500
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:45

Here's a nice close look at the finished Amiibo: http://kotaku.com/up-close-and-personal-with-nintendos-amiibo-figures-1656410094

It seems Mario, Link and Samus are where Nintendo spent most of their time. I'm impressed at the detail on Link and his face, shame about the stand though.

As for the rest: Yoshi looks painfully bad despite being a simpler design: awful paintwork and too many seams (especially where the nose is).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 14:28

Marth's face reminds me of that awful Agnes Oblige figurine, only angryderp as opposed to bewilderp. Samus looks top-notch, though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 15:13

Wii Fit Trainers face creeps me out a bit, looks like it's sort of melted. :affraid:
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 15:17

Yup, the more human characters have really suffered in the transition from prototype. Such a shame, especially when Link's face actually looks pretty decent!

Iwata mentioned something about wanting to sell deluxe versions of Amiibo -- I'd happily fork out more money for one if it meant it is something I'm actually proud of having on my shelf.

I'd love to get Mario, but I'd rather have a Mario that isn't badass "Smash Bros Mario". It'd kind of feel weird using that Amiibo for other games. The other Amiibo seem more universal.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014 - 1:38

That article has made me want the Donkey Kong and Samus ones purely because of how nice the Amiibo look, I really don't like them as Smash Bros characters. It also made me want Donald Duck but I don't think he's in Smash Bros. DAMN YOU!

Marth's face looks awful, the Link and Fox Amiibo I've already pre ordered thankfully look great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014 - 11:46

Well done Ninty, hamstringing your new figures: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/nintendo_outlines_confusing_amiibo_save_data_limitations

The key part wrote:
What's emerged from the official information is that the figures will only store data for one read / write game at a time; if you want to switch an amiibo from one such game to another, you'll need to use the Wii U's amiibo settings to clear its data first. That's not a problem right now, as Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is the only game writing data to the toys, but will surely become an issue down the line.

Any thoughts I might have had about buying amiibi have been swiftly shelved.  The most interesting aspect of the functionality is crucially limited.

Oh, and there have been more amiibi announced.  These figures look better quality than the previous lot but retain the plastic stands, so it's hard to know whether these are production or demonstration.  Ike's face suggests the latter; Shulk's, the former.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014 - 13:01

That doesn' bother me at all. I only really wanted them as nice little Nintendo figures, tne functionality is a bit of fun on top.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014 - 13:20

Yup, the one game write rule is a big issue, no wonder Smash is the only game that doesn't just use Amiibo to unlock content.

The whole thing feels quite rushed. Firstly we had only seen the integration with Smash up until very recently, implying other games' Amiibo support has been an afterthought (as reflected by how the figures are Smash-themed).

Even yesterday's Wii U System Update which adds Amiibo support sees Amiibo stuff shoved into System Settings where it should have its own app like Mii Maker. Would you really want kids messing around in system settings to configure their Amiibos?

I echo Balladeer's thoughts about the new figures, the stands aren't weird colours and look more organic (take a look at Rosalina below). The Amiibo following Smash poses was probably too ambitious in hindsight: the stands seem to be a thing where characters are standing on one foot, and I'm guessing Nintendo didn't want kids pulling the figures of their bases.

I was going to post about how they should have made the figures pluggable onto the base like other figures do, though I just realised it would be bad if people swapped the NFC bases around with figures.

amiibo - Page 4 B2ITm15CAAAC7dI
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014 - 21:40

I'm the opposite of Drunka.  I've got no interest in cluttering up my shelves in figurines (unless, as mentioned elsewhere, I can cuddle them).  I've never had any interest in statues that can effectively only be looked at (not that there's anything wrong with doing so), and if I did, I'd buy some better quality ones without the plastic stand things and dodgy faces.  So I'm all about the functionality, and that latter aspect seems a bit... naff, right now.

And it seems like NL have a lot of the same worries I do.  This is a good opinion piece, in my opinion (ha!).
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Nov 2014 - 0:07

That is a huge downer, just earlier I was thinking I'd like to collect them all but if I can't re-use them then that's definitely gonna make a whole lot of clutter.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Nov 2014 - 1:14

So since I'm only after Samus I couldn't use her for the mii costume in MK8 & levelling up in smash? That's a load of rubbish Nintendo. Aww!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Nov 2014 - 1:58

I think I'll get the ones I want as a collective thing and maybe use one or 2 for Smash and MK8 and maybe Link for Hyrule Warriors to get the spin top thing.

Plus I have a really good shelf to display them. Though I only really want a few.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Nov 2014 - 7:20

You can Jas, there's no saving for the Mii Costumes on the figure (assuming I've not missed something). It's only for future games which would need saving on the figure.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Nov 2014 - 10:28

I do like the new figures, I do have similar opinion of Balla with figures I like them but I'm always like it's £40 and it just sits there and least with these they do something.

@Jas what @Andy said, I wouldn't be surprised this is to make money as you use your SMASH Mario on SMASH and it's saved to that game, so you've got to go get Mario Party 10 Mario which will save to that game.

Also in the states Shulk is exclusive to gamestop, which would think GAME likely to have exclusive amiibo at some-point.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyThu 13 Nov 2014 - 0:24

The_Jaster wrote:
So since I'm only after Samus I couldn't use her for the mii costume in MK8 & levelling up in smash? That's a load of rubbish Nintendo. Aww!

andyman949 wrote:
You can Jas, there's no saving for the Mii Costumes on the figure (assuming I've not missed something). It's only for future games which would need saving on the figure.
Yeah that's correct so no need to worry about the likes of Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors, it's just games made with Amiibo in mind such as Smash Bros.

I hope we don't see exclusives, my worst fear is that many will start becoming rare to the point they sell for 5 times the price on eBay, should I decide to "collect them all" I'd like to be able to make that decision later on.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyThu 13 Nov 2014 - 4:19

Treesmurf wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

andyman949 wrote:
Yeah that's correct so no need to worry about the likes of Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors, it's just games made with Amiibo in mind such as Smash Bros.

I hope we don't see exclusives, my worst fear is that many will start becoming rare to the point they sell for 5 times the price on eBay, should I decide to "collect them all" I'd like to be able to make that decision later on.

Ahh cheers folks! So this doesn't massively affect me too much at the minute then but it's still rubbish, I can see me only buying amiibo for games that I feel use them in interesting ways.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyThu 13 Nov 2014 - 11:42

@Smurf Nintendo have said some will be a limited run and when new ones come out some will drop off. I don't know if that means we get all the SMASH ones then when Mario Party 10 comes out that range starts replacing the SMASH range or the worst case is when January's SMASH amiibo come out some of the launch ones disappear such as Marth. Then if some are exclusive to a certain retailer then I wouldn't be surprised if some do become rare.

Also looking were getting around 6 a month after launch from what's confirmed so far with each one being numbered with Meta Knight being number 29, so with another 21 at the moment to come out we will have them all by June 2015 hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyFri 14 Nov 2014 - 0:45

The Smash ones could go on for bloody ages, I'm sure the Dr. Mario Amiibo will be a best seller. There aren't many of the first lot I can see becoming rare thankfully, it's as we move in to January/February that they start to include the more obscure Smash characters, such as the aforementioned Shulk.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyFri 14 Nov 2014 - 22:46

I've made this little list which I will add to the OP and update when more are announced

Amiibo Super SMASH Bros range A-Z & Dates
Phase 1 28th of November:
1. Donkey Kong
2. Fox McCloud
3. Kirby
4. Link
5. Mario
6. Marth
7. Peach
8. Pikachu
9. Samus Aran
10. Villager
11. Wii Fit Trainer
12. Yoshi
Phase 2 19th of December:
13. Captain Falcon
14. Diddy Kong
15. Little Mac
16. Luigi
17. Pit
18. Princess Zelda
Phase 3 23rd of January
19. Bowser
20. Ike
21. Lucario
22. Rosalina
23. Sheik
24. Toon Link
Phase 4 20th of February
25. King Dedede
26. Mega Man
27. Meta Knight
28. Shulk
29. Sonic the Hedgehog
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 11:37

So Friday these will be out, wonder if any of will get some of the messed up amiibo like the Samus with two blasters. Also these might be £14.99 in GAME according to what Ibbsters was told on Saturday which then turned around & cancelled all his preorders but when I preordered the three I can't get through ASDA at GAME I was told they would be £10.99 each.

Also theses seem to work in pokemon rumble u, marth is a weedle.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 16:41

mas wrote:
So Friday these will be out, wonder if any of will get some of the messed up amiibo like the Samus with two blasters

It's things like this & the broken pictures I've seen floating about that has stopped me from ordering these online, just too much of a risk in my book so I'll be looking to buy mine in an actual shop.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 16:50

Only problem with that only GAME seem to be stocking them on the high street and if Ibbsters is right there £14.99 each, that's a lot of money for something that you can get on Zavvi for £9 with a new account.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 19:50

Aye I probably wouldn't buy them if that's the price but I'll still be popping out on Friday to check, also it's quite bizarre that other places won't be selling them especially stores like Argos etc.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 13:48

Any of you see a Fox amiibo was entered in a SMASH tournament, it loosed it's first round match but went on to get 3rd in the losers bracket.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 14:03

Just ordered peach and Link amiibo's with my club card vouchers and discount. I paid 90p. I'll come back with a report tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

amiibo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

amiibo
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next