We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX

Go down 
+20
NintenDUCK
Admin
oldschool
Treesmurf
shanks
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Athrun888
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
beemoh
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Rum
Balladeer
Axis1500
masofdas
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 0:00

Some ways they do suck, the clause that delayed rayman for instance, the constant u-turns, a more expensive online service that isn't as good value, forgot about the gaming audience between the time of halo 4 and let's go with xbox one launch, took one of the best controller's around and ruined it.

I feel they lost me the gamer with there multimedia approach when the original xbox came out it was for the hardcore gamer & it was excellent (I bought both limited edition consoles) then with the 360 (which I've bought 4 of new) started of the same but by the end they forgotten about what made them great.

But some news, Microsoft are rumored to be talks to buy mojang for about $2 billion.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 9:28

But M$ do sux tho.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 9:47

On to some news that isn't really news but someone has finished dark souls with a rock band guitar in under 12 hrs as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 10:39

Balladeer wrote:
...by far the best way to present news is to give the essentials of the story, maybe a picture (presentation helps!), link to the professionally written article if people need more detail, and then give your own personal opinion on the matter.

Especially in cases like this. If you hope to make anyone interested in this sort of story, you need to at least link to a video. People are going to want to see someone actually accomplish this impressive feat.

I'm not in the Cappuccino school of "close the news threads". I am in the school of "if you're going to report the news, put some damn effort in, or link to someone else putting some damn effort in".

And to put my money where my mouth is, here's an article with the video in.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 10:46

I was really trying to move it along from the M$ sux talk. There isn't much else to say about it but here's a link to it all on reddit which I think has a link of it being played on the guys twitch channel.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014 - 16:23

M$ does suck though. Razz

---

I saw that darks souls video the other day & it is absolutely shocking how easy he brushes not only the hardest boss in DS but probably the toughest boss in gaming history to the side like nothing.

Also to beat the entire game that way is some achievement.

(side note: I'd love to know how many runs he had at O & S though as he died at least once before that video)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 0:50

Also I think he could only move left or something.

Some news

Destiny made $500 million day one, so if the $500m spent on it is true they've all ready broke even.

PSP will die even more on the 15th September as PSN store access will go in EU & ASIA.

Driveclub will have FREE DLC each month up in till June 2015, which is cool.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 will be episode based at €5.99 each or €24.99 for the complete pass, a disc version will come out after all our episodes is out. Kinda different for capcom.

The odds are up for Christmas Number 1 , FIFA 15 is 1/4 fav. They did have MGSV in the betting but was pulled after they realised it wasn't out till 2015.

Shadow of Mordor has been delayed on last gen systems, I guess it's been developed for current & PC and needs work to get it to run on last gen.

The Xbox One has launched in Japan with huge turn out's for the machine.
GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 Large

Yes that is a actual line for the xbox one, in it's first 4 days it has sold just over 23,000 units. The PS4 sold 322,000 in 2 days and that's doing crap in Japan, The Wii U did 308,000 in it's first launch week and is the number 1 console on a weekly basis in Japan. The 360 when it launched did mange to do 60,000 in the same space of time. I don't get why they bother releasing over there myself, MS should be concentrating on markets they can sell the system in or looking at new ones like China.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 11 Sep 2014 - 12:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 3:34

masofdas wrote:
Resident Evil Revelations 2 will be episode based at €5.99 each or €24.99 for the complete pass, a disc version will come out after all our episodes is out. Kinda different for capcom.

Not sure if that is really clever or really dumb, it sort of makes sense as the original 3ds game was described as being cut up into tv like episodes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 12:08

Capcom are in a bit of a state, so maybe they think a lot of people will try it at €6 for the first episode at least to get some money in asap.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 15:18

It worked really well for Telltale, but is that Resi game really going to draw the same numbers as The Walking Dead?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 9:27

Hard to tell.

Any way some news,

Nintendo have put in a patent in USA for what's seems to be a stand-alone pokemon device, which will be compatible with figures and cards. More Info at NL which includes a picture. To me sounds a little bit like that stand-alone skylanders tablet.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptySun 14 Sep 2014 - 5:00

Didn't they do that before with Pokedex or something? I'm sort there a been an electric thing yummy plug your into for sure....on nm maybe the cash game?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyMon 15 Sep 2014 - 14:59

So the deal seems to be that Microsoft has only bought Minecraft not Mojang but here's Phill Spencer on the deal.

There seems to be some confusion on the net as the video only talk about Minecraft but what I am now reading it's $2.5billion for the studio but the three key people will be leaving to peruse other things.

Also isn't it ironic that notch who moaned about rift selling up to a big company does the same thing.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyMon 15 Sep 2014 - 19:17

masofdas wrote:

Also isn't it ironic that notch who moaned about rift selling up to a big company does the same thing.

Thought that myself - isn't it quaint how all his words about the Oculus Rift go out the window when a fat check is flashed in his face?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 10:33

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on March 17, 2015 in North America, March 19 in Japan, and March 20 in Europe, according to a pulled Game Informer report.

A voucher code for Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae -- a playable demo of FFXV -- will be included in each copy of Type-0. According to the report, Episode Duscae will allow players to "see some of the opening scenes in action," although "some elements of the progression will be altered in order to make it more suitable for a demo experience."

That's from IGN, hopefully we might no more this week due to TGS starting.

So the DEMO seems to be real and we got a new FFXV trailer.

In disappointing news Ghost Blade for the SEGA Dreamcast has been delayed to early 2015 and also WWE2K15 on current gen systems to late November.

MGSV has been dated for sometime in 2015, thanks Kojima that's a big help.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 10:33; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyThu 18 Sep 2014 - 18:41

On this day of momentous change, FFXIII launches on Steam.

I am actually excited to play it again.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014 - 20:45

So tomorrow (23rd) but today now in Japan,

Nintendo turns 125 years old and clearly doomed.

So let's have a little GNamer Party also something called the PlayStation is 20 years old in a few days.

Also you do get to play as a girl in Assassins Creed but it's a DLC Side-Scrolling game set in China which you get if you buy the season pass, so not enough resources to put a female in to the main game but enough to make whole new title with one in. I would imagine iut will be sold on it's own like they did with black tide.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptySat 4 Oct 2014 - 10:07

Well, it was posted on the 1st of October, which isn't the 1st of April, but still...

Tetris: The Movie
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptySat 4 Oct 2014 - 10:15

Former Indie head at Nintendo Dan Adelman has officially announced he's working on Sony Indie title Axiom Verge.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptySat 4 Oct 2014 - 10:18

ZeroJones wrote:
Well, it was posted on the 1st of October, which isn't the 1st of April, but still...

Tetris: The Movie

I hope it's like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE_1KlWFJyA

EDIT: Wait, there's an Angry Birds one as well? That's it: the videogame film industry has officially

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 Cropped-homer-jump-shark1.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 18:09

The Xbox One launched this week in South Korea, I don't know much about the Korean market apart from they really like MMO's made there and have really fast internet but I would of thought the Xbox One would of sold more then 200 units in the nations capitals launch event and there version of GAME having problems even trying to the ONE into double digits.

So like I've said before I don't see or get why MS even bothers in these regions such as South Korea & Japan, it cost them more then what they make from being in those markets. They could be using that money to invest in some new studios, ips, etc and focus on the markets that do buy there consoles.

I am very interested to see how the ONE does in china, anyone want to take bets on how many it sells.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 19:12

Microsoft just needs to get Starcraft ported to the One - that'll shift some units over there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 19:20

Sony are trying that sort of thing with ps4 by offering Korean devs incentives etc but from what I've read PS4 will be the console over there and like Japan some multi format titles eg batman arkham knight will be ps4 only.

But PC then Mobile will remain the main market.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 10:29

On the Xbox One in China it's came out during there version of Black Friday called Golden Holiday Week, It's managed to do just over 100k where they got the console & region exclusive Naughty Kitties.

But the big news is Ubisoft ohh Ubisoft you've done it again,

We all know Assassins Creed: Unity is coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC only, and the game will be 900p 30fps locked not because the PS4 & PC can't do 1080p 60fps or more in the PCs case but because the Xbox One is struggling and to avoid post's about this game looks better on P system over the other system.

Which has caused more post then ever because including me and likes of Jim Sterling why should PS4 & PC gamers have to have a downgraded version because the Xbox One version can't get to 1080p 60fps. The PS4 is the biggest market as we've seen from sells of the system and games on it yet were getting penalised just so the Xbox One owners are happy, if the ONE can't do 1080p that's Microsoft's fault not Sony's.

Ubisoft for instance should be finding way's to utilise the kinect for instance with the xbox one, so PS4 has 1080p 60fps but Xbox One has some sort of voice commands, I don't know but there must be something to appease both set's of console owners.

But due this all load's on twitter & the rest of the net are planning to boycott Ubisoft and the Hashtag #PS4NOPARITY going around. Ans that's not from PS4 owners that's from all gamers.

Also when asked where the Wii U version of Unity was they said Wii U not powerful enough, if your gimping the PS4 version why not some more or you know bring rogue to Wii U.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 17:02

masofdas wrote:

We all know Assassins Creed: Unity is coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC only, and the game will be 900p 30fps locked not because the PS4 & PC can't do 1080p 60fps or more in the PCs case but because the Xbox One is struggling and to avoid post's about this game looks better on P system over the other system.

That's appalling. It'll likely be uncapped by PC players themselves, but for it to be gimped at all is so stupid. A 30fps difference is noticeable - I played Dark Souls II on console recently and it was clearly choppier when played side-by-side with the PC version. Very stupid move from Ubi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next