We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX

Go down 
+20
NintenDUCK
Admin
oldschool
Treesmurf
shanks
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Athrun888
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
beemoh
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Rum
Balladeer
Axis1500
masofdas
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 0:25

Still don't see why it would be pointless when you have a writing team you can thoroughly trust & even when all you want are exclusives surely you wouldn't all of them? So this is where you would find the magazine useful.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 0:30

No as I would have my OPM for instance telling me about all the multi format games. So let's say OXM had a 100 pages, I'm only going to use the 10 pages where they talk about Gears of Halo Motorsport 5 that I wouldn't buy it for so little content.

But honestly I would more likely buy edge, game's master which covers everything and I use all the info and get my money's worth.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 1:04

I'm with Mas on this. I would love to be reading a magazine that had Kittsy, Matthew, and Greener writing for it. Even were it multiformat, I'd be picking that up.

But it's sodding Microsoft. Sad Hopefully MS fans will appreciate their writing and humour as much as I did, back in the day.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 6:37

I'd still take the opinions of the NGamer crew over most of those in Edge/gamesmaster/OPM.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 8:25

If I was picking up either OXM or OPM it'd be the former. Like everyone has said it's a bunch of writers I know I like and can trust. I've always found the OPM crew to be less fun/interesting. Playstations exclusives haven't been anything to brag about so far this gen so I'd simply get OXM and use the internet for exclusives.
Regardless the last ONM showed me as much as I love mags, I'm shit at actually getting around to reading them, so nothing can tempt me Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 11:11

True but I'm saying that I wouldn't need or want all the content in OXM just a small percentage and that I wouldn't pay £5 for that amount.
So far this gen I agree kinda but ONE not been that much better either but going forward we know of way more PS4 exclusives coming then ONE exclusives that OPM will have more stuff for me to read, but like I said I would buy neither though as I'm a multi format gamer, I would go for one of the multi format magazines & that's unlikely due to the internet.

Game Awards 2014 Stuff Went Down:

Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptySun 7 Dec 2014 - 23:24

I don't see any issues with OXM being an Xbox magazine if you had a PS4 -- most the games covered will be multiplatform titles anyway. And if the mag offers better coverage of that than the closest PlayStation mag then it's a no brainer.

ZeroJones wrote:
Popping up to say that James Bowden is a great chap. He is one of the admins for StreetPass Manchester, so I've met him a few times, and he did a bit of writing for NGamer's final hours. Lovely guy with good opinions and a nice writing style. Grin

This. He's a great guy and he does excellent work. Really happy that he's turned StreetPass and the Nintendo community in this country into a success.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 0:03

But I sooner have a whole magazine of content I want, though.

The father of video games Ralph H. Baer has passed away aged 92, he created the Magnavox Odyssey the first home video game console.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 7:49

There's a little bit of history for you. Wonder if he was happy with the way things went?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 8:58

fronkhead wrote:
I don't see any issues with OXM being an Xbox magazine if you had a PS4 -- most the games covered will be multiplatform titles anyway. And if the mag offers better coverage of that than the closest PlayStation mag then it's a no brainer.

This is basically was what I trying to say.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 11:14

But who to say it gives better coverage also eBay & the internet has gone mad as the first 20th anniversary PS4 has sold on eBay for $15,100 in a on day auction starting at $0.99.

I'm still not sure if there 100% sold out though as only sites taking preorders were Sony USA & CA nothing on the EU yet to my knowledge but I do know when you got to end of the transaction you could ship it anywhere which leaves me to believe it for everyone.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 20:41

mas wrote:
But who to say it gives better coverage......

You're saying this on a site named GNamer. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 22:03

But your all ready discounting the team at OPM or any publication though because of who the OXM team is.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 23:03

I'm with Jas: default position is that the OXM team are the best games journalists in the business, unless definitive proof can be provided to the contrary. Tempted to make that a Law of GNamer, actually. All Hail Matthew Castle!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 23:13

Well there is no proof as it's all opinions of who you agree with and like, from what I've heard from TRP I do like but not enough to spend £5 on a magazine covering a console I don't own or plan to own in till Halo 5 or Scalebound is on it.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptyFri 12 Dec 2014 - 20:39

Looks like the CVG staff cull has started. Sad Chris Scullion just tweeted this:

http://ow.ly/FOxam

Best of luck to everyone.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptySat 13 Dec 2014 - 6:24

Man, that's indescribably rubbish. Hopefully, he can pick something up really quickly.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptySat 13 Dec 2014 - 8:34

Ach no. Aww! I've used CVG for years. Time to move on...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 13:48

Sorry for the double post, but it's confirmed. CVG to die, and be swept into a multimedia portal. I bought that Yoshi-featuring issue, God damn it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 21:40

Still a massive shame - IGN vs. CVG had a bit of a ring to it. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 3:56

The OXM guys are among the best journalists; , they're in the clique with the likes of Mary Lee's and the midnight resistance lads
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptySat 27 Dec 2014 - 22:30

Platinum News

In a recent interview with 4Gamer, Yasuke Hashimoto, the director of Bayonetta 2, confirmed that Platinum games is already working on a brand new title. Furthermore, Hashimoto mentioned that it is very possible that a new project begins on something Bayonetta related in 2015. Unfortunately, it is not known whether any of these games will be coming to the Wii U in any form. Platinum’s currently announced project, Scalebound, is an Xbox One exclusive, and its new title in development is rumored to be a PS4 exclusive. Perhaps this new Bayonetta project will continue to franchise as a Nintendo exclusive?

Hashimoto did mention that both these projects, the one already in development and the possible Bayonetta project, are very early in their development phase. He mentioned that announcements for these titles would only come much later on.

You would think anything Bayo will stay on Nintendo and my 2015 predication of a Platinum games game on PS4 seems rather solid.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptySat 31 Jan 2015 - 17:50

To follow up with my last story, it seems that the exclusive platinum PS4 game will be Metal Gear Rising 2.

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 630x

A little update on this, someone was asked about this and they replied something like not got a clue what your on about the number must of been part of a countdown or something at the event at which it was shown.

Seems a little iffy as why use that font of all fonts also for a number two as well especially seeing there's been rumours of a PS4 exclusive platinum made game for ages, long with Konami's friendship with Sony.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 9:53

Luigi's Mansion 2-themed arcade game. Will probably never see the light of day (or torches) over here, but I still thought it was quite interesting.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 20:48

Balladeer wrote:
Luigi's Mansion 2-themed arcade game.  Will probably never see the light of day (or torches) over here, but I still thought it was quite interesting.
Why would... how would that... of all the... ?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next