We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX

Go down 
+20
NintenDUCK
Admin
oldschool
Treesmurf
shanks
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Athrun888
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
beemoh
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Rum
Balladeer
Axis1500
masofdas
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyThu 16 Apr 2015 - 14:08

WayForward joins the Level 5 Defectors' Train.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyThu 16 Apr 2015 - 15:55

Balladeer wrote:
WayForward joins the Level 5 Defectors' Train.

That would require me to get an Apple Watch, which is as likely as me getting a sex change.  Hell, I don't have an iPhone or iPad either, so colour me disinterested.  And I might add, I am a Mac person, but only iMac and Macbook.  All of this is inevitable.  Exclusives are largely becoming a thing of the past and divergence is here to stay and grow stronger.

Last edited by oldschool on Fri 17 Apr 2015 - 0:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyThu 16 Apr 2015 - 19:06

It'll be interesting to watch (ha!) the progress of that - I can't imagine there being a massive intersection between 'Apple Watch early adopters' and 'Shantae fans'. Neutral
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2015 - 16:29

In news that absolutely nobody but myself will care about, WWE 2K15 is coming to PC later in Spring.

This is pretty awesome, considering it's the first PC wrestling game in bloody ages, and I'm sure the modding community will do something really special with this. Also, all the DLC is coming free with the PC edition, which is pretty cool. I'm chuffed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyThu 23 Apr 2015 - 20:04

Square Enix are having a E3 Press Conference this year, meaning we now have 6 conferences + Direct/Treehouse.

I think Square's could be interesting as they said a while ago they had about 4 PS4 games to show.

Didn't realise in till today that SE go at Nintendo's normal time slot.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2015 - 16:20

No Final Fantasy XV at E3 Boo

Makes me wonder what Square will show, the only real big thing left is Kingdom Hearts 3 at I can't see that being there.

Also the Season Pass for Batman Arkham Knight will be £33, Warner are having a giraffe that's the price of Yoshi Woolly World.

I know what I sooner buy in June just Batman & Woolly then just Batman & some DLC coming within 6 months .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyThu 7 May 2015 - 9:24

This on NLife, real Life Nintendo Land
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyThu 7 May 2015 - 11:12

The Batman DLC really is taking the mick. They seem to be gating off a lot of content behind another paywall that probably should have been in the full game to begin with. Disappointing - although, I'd wager that's Warner Brothers's doing and not Rocksteady's.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyThu 7 May 2015 - 11:22

Sterling did a video and basically WB seems just as bad if not worse then EA for instance.

Batgirl I don't mind as DLC but it's the story missions that take place during the game which urks me, but some have said instead of putting games up in price which maybe they should there cutting stuff and still selling a £40-50 product like were used to.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyThu 7 May 2015 - 11:28

Yeah, I saw Jim Sterling's video on it too. His video reminded that the Catwoman content in Arkham City was gated off if you didn't buy new - wasn't a problem for me, but considering she plays a fairly big role in that game, I'd have been pissed off if I'd missed out on playing as her had I bought used.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyThu 7 May 2015 - 11:57

WB are one of the worst atm. They're one of the few guys that still milk preorder bonus/online pass style things. Awful stuff.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptySun 10 May 2015 - 12:33

This is a good thing, I reckon. Nintendo to focus on the proper console games for the consoles that are still out. Wii U needs a lot more games to keep the interest, with Zelda not coming out this year now, and the 3DS needs a few more to ease itself into retirement gracefully.

Rhythm Heaven game must be on the cards, surely? It's been ages since we had one of these. Also, do people reckon it's time for this year's E3 thread?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptySun 10 May 2015 - 12:35

Didn't they already say that it would focus on games coming this year.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyMon 11 May 2015 - 16:36

So NX won't be announced/detailed until 2016 which makes my guess of 2017 launch in the salezzzz thread a pretty decent one. (at least I think so)

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-says-no-nx-and-no-smart-device-announcements-a-1703550475

This part in bold is very interesting though and seems like they are going the third pillar route.

Quote :
“Presently, we cannot talk about the time period when it [the NX] will go on sale or what it’s like,” Iwata said. “Because we are calling it a ‘new concept,’ we are not thinking of this as a ‘simple replacement’ for the 3DS or the Wii U.”
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyMon 11 May 2015 - 17:05

As if it wasn't already a forgone conclusion, this news story right here basically confirms that Fallout 4 will be announced at E3.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyMon 11 May 2015 - 17:15

Nah means Hybrid, Jas.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyMon 11 May 2015 - 21:51

You have taken it that way because we all know that's what you want it to be, I'm just saying it could easily be a case of they release the NX but still support 3ds and wii U for a few more years.

But I'll bite this time......

Let's say it does happen to be a hybrid, how do they introduce it onto the market without stepping on the toes of both 3ds & wii U owners? I don't see it working as a straight up replacement for wii U/3ds which is why Mr Iwata said it's not a "simple replacement" but if it was then a device like this would rip up all natural order a hardware manufacturer is known for.

Also given that it could play games on the go and at home why would folk buy a dedicated handheld? They wouldn't & that would mean no safety net for Nintendo which is what Nintendo's handhelds have been for them in recent times, for me there are just too many questions hanging over the idea (of a hybrid) which makes it a massive risk in my eyes. (people didn't know how to take the wii U how will they deal with a hybrid?)

If it was introduced as a third pillar I could probably be OK with it but with that said I think I've covered all I want to say on the hyrbid matter here and elsewhere as I don't want it to turn into the same old discussion that goes nowhere.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyMon 11 May 2015 - 22:03

The 3DS like you've said else where is almost dead and in 2017 it be 6 years old, and U will be likely as well on it's last legs after 2016 by 2017 it be 5 years old.

Both will need to be replaced and it won't be simply a more powerful system of the last, like how the PS4 is simply just a replacement of the PS3.

That's how I see it Iwata is saying we will do something new like how the Wii was new and that will be a hybrid.

A 3rd pillar just seems daft seeing the age of the two systems in 2017 along with Nintendo now on mobile and QoL, there just going to spread there selves to thin.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyTue 12 May 2015 - 1:20

mas wrote:
The 3DS like you've said else where is almost dead and in 2017 it be 6 years old, and U will be likely as well on it's last legs after 2016 by 2017 it be 5 years old.

I think this all really hangs on what is announced at E3 just look at how there are still games that were announced at last years that aren't out yet, so whatever is revealed this year we could see games still coming out on those formats well into 2016 perhaps even up to early 2017.

mas wrote:
Both will need to be replaced and it won't be simply a more powerful system of the last

Yes, and they will be eventually but don't you see the problems that could be created by replacing two different formats with one?

mas wrote:
A 3rd pillar just seems daft seeing the age of the two systems in 2017 along with Nintendo now on mobile and QoL, there just going to spread there selves to thin.

So you'd rather they put all their eggs into one basket? A third pillar isn't so daft as you may think as they employed the same strategy with DS (a new concept just like NX will be) and it just so happened to take off but if it hadn't they had the gameboy brand to fall back on.

What would they fall back on if a hybrid directly replaced both of the current systems?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyTue 12 May 2015 - 9:48

Well Nintendo has confirmed that E3 will be games coming out this year, they could show 10 3DS games & 10 Wii U games but all this year unless they get delayed, hence why no Zelda as it's 2016. So we know very little what's coming in 2016 for the U for instance SMT X FE, Zelda U that's it, when we going to find-out more about games for the U for 2016 what E3 2016 where there showing a new system.

Both need replacing about the same time the U more so then the 3DS if the New 3DS can get some more games with Unity and exclusives but the U again didn't meet sales targets in Nintendo's financial report.

Hence why one system just makes the more sense as the New 3DS situation is unlikely, that 3DS replacement is the one but due to the console market being just Nintendo fans which = about 10m SKU's, a powerful handheld (Fronk comes up with specs else where but phones are now playing PS3 games, so what could a dedicated games system do) that plugs into a TV.

Yes it might be a risk but as we all know handhelds is always been where Nintendo has been a success even when have a successful console like the Wii the handheld still did better, okay the NX isn't going to do 200m SKU's like DS&Wii combined but could see something do 3DS&U combined numbers with the right marketing & launch games.

Yeah I remember it was meant to be a third thing the DS but also nearly all the press saying the new game boy and I think a lot of Nintendo fans went out and bought it as there GBA replacement & if any more GBA games came out they could still play them on the DS. Which there were a few shovelware etc but only 7 from Nintendo for the GBA, as they would have the DS & Cube/Wii to also develop for.

It's okay if they can get 3rd parties on board with the NX if a third pillar but that's unlikely as Nintendo owners don't buy 3rd parties (they don't even by noun-nintendo exclusives look at Bayo 2 sales) they'll have 3DS/N3DS, Wii U, Mobile, NX and possibly QoL to do all there selves. What each system going to get one game every 4 months on a rotation system.

So to me it's simple Nintendo fans buy Nintendo games, kids do buy the handheld for Pokemon hence why I think it has to be more of handheld then a console the hybrid and go that's it the Nintendo playing machine to take & play anywhere.

It's something were not going to agree on some like myself, Chris Scullion are pro-hybrid, some like Balla think 3DS replacement, some like Jim Sterling think Wii U replacement (actually this is the most talked about) and some third pillar possibly something that might replace one of the others if it takes of or like OldSchool has said a tablet/mobile playing thing without the phone.

None of know we can just think what we want and why it's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyTue 12 May 2015 - 16:38

mas wrote:
Well Nintendo has confirmed that E3 will be games coming out this year, they could show 10 3DS games & 10 Wii U games but all this year unless they get delayed, hence why no Zelda as it's 2016.

I still think there might be one or two surprises.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 12:35

I think that be Paper Mario

But I just found out this is coming to PS4

Summertime High School. A Young Man’s Notes – How a New Exchange Student Like Myself Ran Into His Childhood Friend On The School Tour, Then For Some Reason Became Super-Popular With The Girls For His Daily Scoops On The School Photography Club Even Though He Only Takes Panty Shots, And What He Thinks As He Goes On Dates During His Summer Of Island School Life.

Yep that's the full title.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 13:05

That stinks - even the abbreviation is absurdly long. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 13:08

I reckon it's will be just known as summertime high school, also I can't see it getting a western release any time soon.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 17:59

Nintendo's bringing back the Nintendo World Championship at this year's E3!

Also, some news about their scheduling for E3. The video's well worth a watch - Nintendo's sense of humour is on point in this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next