We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off

Go down 
+26
Rum
Muss
gjones
flora-chan
NintenDUCK
Dead Lemon
Admin
Xelviar
Solve My Maze
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Luigi442wii
minecrafter7744
Vidofnir
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Gogoata
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Athrun888
shanks
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 13:34

Could somebody please tell me which is more irritating:

a) Someone who answers their phone during a meal in a busy restaurant
b) Someone who has their sound turned on and endlessly ignores a repeated caller?

Because I'm at a loss. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 13:58

Ooh, tough one. I reckon the polite thing to do is to answer, say you can't talk, fix a time to talk, and go back to dinner. Either that or flick the sound off.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 14:13

Another pair of crimes attributed to the advent of the mobile phone. What always gets me is how people always seem to shout in to the phone louder than if they were talking to someone face to face.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2015 - 10:32

They certainly do, and I'm guilty of this. Though I hardly ever answer a phone call in public anyway, and even if I do I will never answer the thing in a public building/shop. It's just rude.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 13:48

Nintendo's archaic systems,

My New 3DS XL is here which is great but to be able to afford it I sold the Ambassador New 3DS, anyway I sent my data to the PC that was on the AN3DS and did the transfer like in the link Jas posted to the N3DSXL and nothing.

I rang the Big N and I can get all my games that I downloaded but will take up to 21 days for them to unlike my NNID on the AN3DS then I can relink to the N3DSXL.

I gather I will still have a new FC and have to start street-pass again which is annoying as my army was over 3million.

Why in 2015 do they have this, I could buy a Xbox 360 tomorrow a console I've not owned for over 2 years and sign in as masofdas and re-download everything fine.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Feb 2015 - 13:32

Selfie sticks.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Feb 2015 - 13:34

Selfies in general kinda annoy me.  Most of the time, I just think, "Why not just take a picture of the thing?  Is it any prettier with you in front of it?  No, no it is not."

Also: the fact that we used to have three sections with an even number of sub-fora each, and now there's one with five and it looks all untidy. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Feb 2015 - 13:57

Ooh, spooky! I was thinking that the other day, too. Maybe we could balance it all out again by chucking a couple of new spam forums in there? Laughing
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Feb 2015 - 14:35

masofdas wrote:
Nintendo's archaic systems,

My New 3DS XL is here which is great but to be able to afford it I sold the Ambassador New 3DS, anyway I sent my data to the PC that was on the AN3DS and did the transfer like in the link Jas posted to the N3DSXL and nothing.

I rang the Big N and I can get all my games that I downloaded but will take up to 21 days for them to unlike my NNID on the AN3DS then I can relink to the N3DSXL.

I gather I will still have a new FC and have to start street-pass again which is annoying as my army was over 3million.

Why in 2015 do they have this, I could buy a Xbox 360 tomorrow a console I've not owned for over 2 years and sign in as masofdas and re-download everything fine.

Yep, that sucks. I would be less than impressed as well.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Feb 2015 - 14:48

Only positive is I'm getting all the games I bought, I just need to post my FC on here etc at some-point.
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Feb 2015 - 23:18

Stu_the_great wrote:
Selfie sticks.

This.

Had to put up overhearing a conversation in work the other day between three people discussing selfie sticks and selfies in general. Sulk
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 0:01

Dead Lemon wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:
Selfie sticks.

This.

Had to put up overhearing a conversation in work the other day between three people discussing selfie sticks and selfies in general. Sulk

I don't so much have a problem with selfies as such. There is nothing wrong with capturing moments in your life for fun. Also, the picture of yourself in front of a major piece of scenery isn't a problem either, for the same reason. If you want a picture of a lovely castle, you could just Google it, but if you have a picture with yourself in front of it, then it means more. My photograph collection is full of pictures of Debbie and myself in front of stuff, long before camera phones. We used a tripod and timer. Those photographs are the best ones.

However. It is the self obsessed people who constantly take pictures of themselves that are annoying. It is the same stupid duck's bum face they pull which is so irritating.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 8:34

The neighbours. At 3am they decided to put on some loud dance music. They must have done some damage to their hearing - the level of sound coming through the wall was high enough, so being in the room must have been painful. Thumbs Down... On top of this, Jo has a 12-hour shift today - her alarm for this went off at 5:30am. She's even more furious than I am. No
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 9:25

Isn't that grounds for calling the council's noise response team? Something I have done twice recently...

oldschool wrote:
Also, the picture of yourself in front of a major piece of scenery isn't a problem either, for the same reason.  If you want a picture of a lovely castle, you could just Google it, but if you have a picture with yourself in front of it, then it means more.

Chalk this up as another one of those Things Balla Doesn't Get™. Surely the point of the picture of the lovely castle that you've taken is that you've been there yourself, and it wakes the memories? This applies whether or not your face is obscuring most of it. I could photoshop my face really convincingly into a picture of a castle (if I could use photoshop, which I can't), and it wouldn't mean any more to me.

I'm not totally averse to selfies, mind: got several pictures of myself on Facebook, some beside nice pieces of art and architecture. It's just that, besides egotism (and this is definitely why I have some of myself), I don't see the point most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 10:18

I know they're going away soon, but: The surveys on the Club Nintendo website.

1) Given that the surveys are being filled out by the same person, can you not automatically work out the age/gender of the person playing?
2) You ask:
a) What places did you hear about the game?
b) Which of those places made you want to get the game?
c) Which one thing made you want to get the game the most?
Firstly, why are those options in different orders on EVERY QUESTION. Secondly, each of those questions is a "fliter" of the first - why have I got to negotiate the whole list each time?

Sorry, I know no-one cares
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 11:11

Balladeer wrote:
Isn't that grounds for calling the council's noise response team?  Something I have done twice recently...

oldschool wrote:
Also, the picture of yourself in front of a major piece of scenery isn't a problem either, for the same reason.  If you want a picture of a lovely castle, you could just Google it, but if you have a picture with yourself in front of it, then it means more.

Chalk this up as another one of those Things Balla Doesn't Get™.  Surely the point of the picture of the lovely castle that you've taken is that you've been there yourself, and it wakes the memories?  This applies whether or not your face is obscuring most of it.  I could photoshop my face really convincingly into a picture of a castle (if I could use photoshop, which I can't), and it wouldn't mean any more to me.

I'm not totally averse to selfies, mind: got several pictures of myself on Facebook, some beside nice pieces of art and architecture.  It's just that, besides egotism (and this is definitely why I have some of myself), I don't see the point most of the time.

My experience is that people are far more interested in your holiday snaps if you are in them. You really indicate the fun you are having by your very presence in them. That in itself does not preclude multiple photos, some without you. The interest the 'selfie' generates is really dependent on your relationship proximity to the photograph subject. I think the concept of a 'selfie' has become toxic, but we need to differentiate between those photographs of people and the pointless teenage ones with the same stupid face.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 11:19

oldschool wrote:
Dead Lemon wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:
Selfie sticks.

This.

I don't so much have a problem with selfies as such.  There is nothing wrong with capturing moments in your life for fun.  Also, the picture of yourself in front of a major piece of scenery isn't a problem either, for the same reason.  If you want a picture of a lovely castle, you could just Google it, but if you have a picture with yourself in front of it, then it means more.  My photograph collection is full of pictures of Debbie and myself in front of stuff, long before camera phones.  We used a tripod and timer.  Those photographs are the best ones.

However.  It is the self obsessed people who constantly take pictures of themselves that are annoying.  It is the same stupid duck's bum face they pull which is so irritating.  

If I want my photo taking in front of something, I'll ask a Chinese tourist, thanks. There's always one on hand at any scenic point. Having a picture where your own arm is clearly in control of the camera just looks silly.

And I'd never inflict my holiday pictures upon another human being. That's just torture.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 11:41

Stu_the_great wrote:
oldschool wrote:
Dead Lemon wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:
Selfie sticks.

This.

I don't so much have a problem with selfies as such.  There is nothing wrong with capturing moments in your life for fun.  Also, the picture of yourself in front of a major piece of scenery isn't a problem either, for the same reason.  If you want a picture of a lovely castle, you could just Google it, but if you have a picture with yourself in front of it, then it means more.  My photograph collection is full of pictures of Debbie and myself in front of stuff, long before camera phones.  We used a tripod and timer.  Those photographs are the best ones.

However.  It is the self obsessed people who constantly take pictures of themselves that are annoying.  It is the same stupid duck's bum face they pull which is so irritating.  

If I want my photo taking in front of something, I'll ask a Chinese tourist, thanks. There's always one on hand at any scenic point. Having a picture where your own arm is clearly in control of the camera just looks silly.

And I'd never inflict my holiday pictures upon another human being. That's just torture.

It depends on what and who Stu. If you like someone you are interested, if they like you in return, they will have heavily edited them in advance. Do you know how many cameras get stolen in situations you describe? It is a lot. Regardless, my preference will always be a proper camera, with a tripod and a timer. In that respect, I don't like the arm shots as much as you.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 11:43

I take far too many #selfies. It is 100% egotism.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 11:50

And now, so does Doom Guy.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015 - 8:09

The only problem I have with "selfies" is how when I first saw the term crop up one day I thought the person was referring to masturbation, and I've had to constantly mentally correct myself whenever I see the term ever since.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015 - 11:08

For me it's just one of those things that really irritates me because it sort of blew up everywhere and nobody shut up about it. Like back when everybody referred to everything ever as "Epic". I still detest that word. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015 - 12:56

I use that quite a lot about games. Embarrassed DKCTF's soundtrack has plenty of epic tunes, and no word better describes Xenoblade.

Athrun888 wrote:
The only problem I have with "selfies" is how when I first saw the term crop up one day I thought the person was referring to masturbation, and I've had to constantly mentally correct myself whenever I see the term ever since.  

Laughing Made me smile.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015 - 18:01

The difference there Patrick is that you're using epic appropriately rather than as a synonym for good.

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with manually taking a photograph which contains oneself. The problem is the way the word and the idea has spread and become something that defines a generation without any real substance or culture.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015 - 12:04

It seems the 'selfie stick' might find itself being banned from many places into the near future.  Can't say I am upset by that.   Dance

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-17/national-portrait-gallery-bans-selfie-sticks/6133244
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next