We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more

Go down 
+5
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty22/11/15, 11:23 am

Did anyone else find the end of GoT a bit of a damp squid, I know theres a Season 2 coming but not there best work especially just finishing the amazing Life is Strange and very good TotB.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty22/11/15, 12:25 pm

Yep. Really disappointed by it, to be honest. The writing was really flat and they only seemed to be gearing up for S2 as opposed to wrapping up S1's storylines. The other Telltale games I've played at least had the courtesy to wrap up their first season's storylines whilst still sowing seeds for the next season, whereas Thrones was just throwing handfuls of seeds everywhere. Oh, and I was plagued with technical problems playing this. I don't think I'll be buying S2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty22/11/15, 12:41 pm

I enjoyed it, a lot of really tough decisions and they really did suck to make. As much as I liked LiS the decisions rarely had me that torn.

I didn't mind that it didn't wrap up either. I get that games do tend to be more self contained, but a series of GoT on TV wouldn't wrap up everything and leave just 1 teaser, so it kind of suits the source material.

I think it's a different take and that they're still testing the waters so I'll be well up for season 2 (didn't have any tech issue here for the record)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty04/12/15, 07:56 am

Dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner... BATMAN
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty04/12/15, 08:12 am

Looking forward to that. Will be interesting to see what sort of choices they'll build in. It'll also be nice to be playing as a character I know a bit about (as opposed to Wolf Among Us).

Just realised, am I assuming we'll be Batman or is that confirmed?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty04/12/15, 09:50 am

https://twitter.com/bratterz/status/672709693828177920?s=09
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty04/12/15, 06:02 pm

Like WAU this should work great as it is basically a story of a detective.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty04/12/15, 10:45 pm

This had better be coming to a format I can play it on. Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty05/12/15, 02:12 pm

Aye, this'd be solid if you played as Jimminy Jim Jim Gordon.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty07/12/15, 11:40 am

Minecraft: Story Mode continues to be good B)

I love how the main character is basically Nathan Drake
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty07/12/15, 11:47 am

As someone who isn't overly fond of minecraft or youtubers, am I likely to enjoy it? I do like Telltale games, but I'm not so sure that's something that can be depended on Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty05/02/16, 12:02 pm

I see Minecraft: Story Mode is on offer that I'm very tempted to get it downloaded.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty05/02/16, 12:14 pm

Crumpy Andy wrote:
As someone who isn't overly fond of minecraft or youtubers, am I likely to enjoy it? I do like Telltale games, but I'm not so sure that's something that can be depended on Laughing

If you don't like Minecraft then no, you probably won't find much here to like. *super late reply*

mas, it all depends on how into Minecraft you are. It's such a good recreation and take on the Minecraft "world" and mixing in minecraft logic into a telltale story, I feel that's where the main appeal lies.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty05/02/16, 12:19 pm

I've never played minecraft and got intention to do so but I'm interested to see what Telltale do with game with no story or much to pull from and since TWD: S1, I've played all of there games since then and liked them all.

EP1 is Free that I may play that and if I like or want to see more then buy it.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty08/02/16, 12:54 pm

The first episode is definitely enough for you to judge. If you haven't played Minecraft I'd actually be interested in seeing how you find it - especially if you know very little about minecraft
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty08/02/16, 04:31 pm

I thought it was free but as I put M:SM in my basket it made all the Episodes look like there free but it was only EP1 that I noticed that on.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty25/02/16, 09:03 pm

I finished episode 1 of, The Walking Dead: Michonne, today. Don't know how interested the rest of you are in picking it up, but it's not bad. It's definitely weaker in terms of pacing than prior Walking Dead games, but it does have a really stylish opening sequence and Michonne is a top character.

The game does a good job subtly establishing her personality, and a less subtle, but effective, job of demonstrating her motivations. Those of you who haven't read the comics or watched the show won't feel too out of the loop, although I highly, highly, recommend the comics.

As always with Telltale games, there's a sense of vulnerability and tension at almost every decision, it's just not quite up there with their best work.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty25/02/16, 09:06 pm

I'm waiting for when all 3 parts are out, how would say it compares to 400 Days?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty25/02/16, 09:22 pm

Difficult to directly compare.

This one is a traditional TT game from the perspective of one character with an episode that took me 90 minutes to finish. I think it's a tenner on steam, but that gets you every episode which isn't a bad amount of game. Episode 1 was a little lukewarm but the following ones are meant to wrap up some stuff that's missing from the comics so I predict it to heat up as moving forward.

I can't remember how long 400 days took, but each of it's mini episodes were pretty damn short and didn't really impact Season 2. People seem to give 400 days a lot of flak but I still really enjoyed it. I thought it fleshed out the world through the perspective of others nicely and had 5 mini-stories that overlapped nicely.

That said, I got into TT games after TWD:2 was released, so its hard for me to view 400 days as it's own thing.

If you aren't going to jump on this right now, then waiting for all 3 episodes to come out - with approx 4.5 hours of game play for a single run through is probably your best bet.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty26/02/16, 02:54 pm

I was just thinking of the last time they did a spin-off and Michonne might be set betwenn TWDS2 & TWDS3 like 400 Day's.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty13/06/16, 11:49 am

How was Michonne in the end Muss? I'm still yet to buy it or minecraft.

Season 3 of TWD E3 trailer and
Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 TTBatmanFirstSc-610
Look good, both of them I will get the season pass right away.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty02/08/16, 10:00 am

I did but Michonne, I've only done EP1 so far but today Batman EP1 is out you bunch of Jokers in this month of the Bats.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty08/08/16, 02:58 pm

I played episode 1 of Batman. Well, actually, I sat with Kirsty and let her play... she's a mean Batman! Bruce Wayne was mugging everyone off, and Bats was breaking arms and
Spoiler:
all the way through!

The game was quite good though. Exposition-heavy, naturally for a first episode, and set quite early in Batman's career, which I find less interesting. It took some new angles, which intrigued me, and it was well put-together. The QTEs are more forgiving as well, which makes it less frustrating if you're not a big gamer.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty08/08/16, 09:58 pm

I'm tempted by this - it's been sounding like it's alright, which is good to hear as I was, and probably still am, wary about Telltale's Bats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty01/10/16, 06:40 am

Wikipedia sort of hints that Telltale's Batman game(s) are coming to Android, at which point I can get 'em on my Hudl. Has anyone played an episode? If so, can I ask for a field report?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next