Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go.

Go down 
+7
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
masofdas
oldschool
Jimbob
Admin
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go.   I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go. - Page 2 EmptyTue 8 Nov 2016 - 12:21

A odd as I've not really played it but not sure where else to talk about.

The game in question is Skyrim, I never played it on PS360 but I do own it on Steam which I played for about 40mins and never gone back because PC gaming.

Now you're thinking why do you think its rubbish because you've not played it mas. That is true I've never really played but I've never seen anything that makes me want to really play the game, I loved Morrowind & Oblivion and a even played bit of Shadowkey on N-Gage.

Their is also Online which I did pick up when it came to PS4 but got traded in for something as I wasn't playing it but have seen GAME have that for £10 at the moment, that I could give that a bash again for that price.

Skyrim is the one though with all the amazing review scores and everything, also I prefer single-player over multiplayer. When we did counting classic a lot of you said No to Skyrim as well, so many that it didn't get in.

With so many of you saying its not a classic then the old school elder scrolls players going they made it to accessible, its not like it used to be and I feel I may be one of them.

I've never thought about giving it a go but now its come to PS4 with a special edition, I'm thinking about maybe giving it another go at somepoint.

Should I?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go.   I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go. - Page 2 EmptyTue 8 Nov 2016 - 12:51

I'm enjoying Skyrim a lot more this time around, it could be because I'm wanting to cut down on buying games (though I'm not very good at it) but I'm getting a lot out of it and getting much more stuck in.

I'd struggle to recommend it to you though Mas, you don't seem to spend a lot of time on one particular game, so a game with near infinite hours of play aren't something I see you gelling with.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go.   I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go. - Page 2 EmptyTue 8 Nov 2016 - 12:58

I'm trying to cut-down as well, and actually finish something which isn't a indie game but I've said why I prefer them as I can get the time to play them where something like Witcher 3 which I own, I've not played as I'm daunted by how big it will be but then a game like MGSV which rather big I did the story in 4 days and thats all I did was play that and same with Uncharted 4 which is much a shorter but for 2 days that was my life.

Nothing has come close to them for ages, I do think due the timing of FFXV that will suck me like those two but games like Gears 4 I recently finished seemed a real slog and that's only like 6hrs long.

But I said elsewhere about FPS that some genres I've got bored of and I feel shooters part from Overwatch as whole, I'm fed up with as Titanfall 2 I'm even like urghh let's get this done.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go.   I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go. - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Jul 2017 - 7:10

At the minute - and caution is the watchword at the moment - but I might have gotten into Ever Oasis. Dance

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go.   I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go. - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 22:11

Fingers, toes, and leafy swords crossed! Grin

I guess I'm doing this with the Splatoon franchise right now, having not got into it at all when Zero brought Splatoon around for a Videos Games. Can't say it's completely taken yet, but I played another one-player level today and it was fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go.   I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go. - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Apr 2019 - 22:27

The Wii, you might have seen in the retro thread and the 10hrs I've played this month alone on the console have been enjoyable. I don't think all the games have been great or I will go back to them but then some I can see me playing and the motion controls, aiming or the disconnect between the two controllers haven't put me off either.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go.   I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go. - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Apr 2019 - 9:40

Good lad, Mas. Glad to see you enjoying SMG more this time, and I hope that applies to other waggle games as well.

Balladeer wrote:
I guess I'm doing this with the Splatoon franchise right now, having not got into it at all when Zero brought Splatoon around for a Videos Games.  Can't say it's completely taken yet, but I played another one-player level today and it was fun. Smile

Shifty
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go.   I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go. - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Jul 2020 - 22:50

I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go. - Page 2 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gonintendo.com%2Fsystem%2Fstories%2Fpromo_images%2F000%2F260%2F204%2Foriginal%2FTokyo-Mirage-Sessions-3-1280x720

I was all ready to chuck Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE on the scrap heap when I picked it up for one final shot a while ago.  After a while wandering around a dull version of Tokyo, fighting through a really formulaic dungeon, and being confronted by some ridiculous chests, I'd come to the conclusion that this game was too anime for me.  Then I reached the second dungeon, which is a creepy alternate-universe shopfront with a giant gothic lolita dress as the main obstacle, and I actually started to enjoy it.  I liked the dungeon design, and I liked the ridiculous enemies - there's a spooky clown called 'Nickelwise'. 🤡

I'm not sure the battling is ever going to be too special, I'm still going to find the character designs and outfits a bit Neutral , and the plot requires a suspension of disbelief that the game hasn't been good enough to deserve; but buoyed by this surprising upturn, I'm giving it another go.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go.   I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go. - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2020 - 8:55

Still surprised you don't the battling that great as sure I've not played much of TMS but seems close to Persona and that's maybe the best turned based system in JRPG's today

Also, that hashtag works
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go.   I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go. - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2020 - 18:46

I call shenanigans on the turn-based battle system thing.  First of all any TBBS that has some input is automatically better unless that system does something wrong with that - Mario & Luigi probably had my favourite by the end.  Then you have systems that allow you to play with the conventional 'turn' structure, like the Brave and Default system.  Then you have Pokémon: not a 'better system' as such, but it benefits from years of refinement and the emotional attachment you form (well, I form) with your party.  Then finally you get to any other TBBS.  

Thus far, SMT#FE hasn't shown anything bar the whole 'I attack after you if you use the right attack' thing.  I think maybe using different 'Mirages' will come into play later and perhaps that's the thing you're referring to, Mas?  It hasn't yet.

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 17 Jul 2020 - 19:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go.   I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go. - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2020 - 19:41

Like I say I've not played but what I did seemed a tad like Persona 3-5 in terms of combat, and the critical consensus is those are banging one of the reasons is the fluid yet turn based combat.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go.   I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go. - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Jul 2020 - 18:27

I like the Persona series a lot, but I wouldn't say I play it for the combat - it's perfectly fine and even good in places, but it's the story and characters that are the selling point in Persona.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go.   I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go. - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Jul 2020 - 18:37

It's not selling point but most JRPG'S now have moved on to real time or close to it or use the old school turned based system, that for a turned based game it's not super boring
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go.   I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I thought it was rubbish, but I'm giving it another go.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2