Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread

Go down 
+11
gjones
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
oldschool
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
JayMoyles
Admin
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 14:46

Balladeer wrote:
Absurd from Smash - and a little sad to see three games topping BotW, to be honest.  As a launch title and the Best Game Ever, I'd have hoped it would have done a little better than that.  Which utter lunatics (Mas aside) have Switches without it, unless they bought it on Wii U?

I own BotW on two platforms, I also think the ones above it have more universal appeal and Drunka is right it's not that big in Japan and things like Splatoon and Animal Crossing are the big ones in Japan.

Metroid is an odd one Drunka as it always seems a big series when talking to Nintendo fans but has never done big numbers, why I guess took a while to get new games in the series.

I do believe Metroid 4 is a more od for the fans game than anything.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 19:14

I knew about Metroid not being so big in Japan; just not about Zelda. Shame.

Clearly the answer is for Retro to appeal to the DoA crowd and give the Varia Suit a chest window.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyMon 4 Feb 2019 - 0:01

NOOOOOOOPE.

You know my feelings on titties, and their peers in the rear, the majestic arse, but that is not what I want for our queen of beams Samus Aran.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyMon 4 Feb 2019 - 22:48

She's going to turn up in Soul Calibur next with destructible armour and everything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 9:18

Jay might have his weird business year which starts in July but Nintendo don't, so we now know how the fiscal year April 2018 - March 2019 has left the Switch

16.95m systems sold in the fiscal year which is a miss to plan but does bring the Switch total to 34.74m which means it has past the N64 and is the 14th best selling system overall.

The Top 10 Selling "Nintendo" Switch games are

1st Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 16.69m
2nd Super Mario Odyssey 14.44m
3rd Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 13.81m
4th The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 12.77m
5th Pokemon Let's Go 10.63m
6th Splatoon 2 8.7m
7th Super Mario Party 6.4m
8th New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe 3.31m5
9th 1-2-Switch 2.97m
10th Mario Tennis Aces 2.64m

The 3DS also past 75m systems sold which keeps it at the 11th best selling system where it likely will stay, till the Switch passes it.

This does mean Nintendo earned $10.7b and $1.7b profit. This upcoming year Nintendo plans to sell 18m Switches and 1m 3DS systems.

One last fact the Switch has basically just past the PS4 (8.04m) in Japan with 8m consoles sold, that does also mean that out of the 34.74m Switches sold worldwide 23% of that is Japan.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 19:49

I saw that Smash Bros. passed the Wii U too. Crikey. Good thing the Switch did better than that...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019 - 0:02

I can see them doing well this year - a Pokémon game launching on Switch is a big deal indeed.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019 - 18:50

Well, they do predict 18m Switches to be sold, Jay.

Anyway, Sony has announced their numbers:

The PS4 has sold 96.8m and is on track to get to 100m quicker than the Wii and is still outpacing the PS2 but I do feel the PS4 will drop off where the PS2 didn't due to it being £99 and the PS3 being £425ish (what I paid).

17.8m PS4's were sold in the fiscal year which is above plan, so me saying a page back that Sony was bending the truth of being the best selling system of 2018 was wrong as they had the best selling system be it a calendar or fiscal year.

PlayStation earned Sony about $20b with $2.8b being profit.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019 - 21:29

Yeah, I think we'll be getting PS5 in the next two years as well, so I don't see it catching the PS2.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptySat 27 Apr 2019 - 10:06

November 2020 I reckon and the PS4 will be a whopping 7 years old then as well.

What is rather crazy when looking at the numbers, just really shows how big either Nintendo or Handhelds (think the latter because look how well VITA did in Japan) compared to PlayStation 4.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyMon 3 Jun 2019 - 18:58

I'm not going through the whole chart unless you want me to but Blood and Truth has become the first VR only game to be UK number one.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyMon 3 Jun 2019 - 19:36

I saw a news article about that, pretty cool stuff. Was it a sparse week for releases or has it genuinely sold well?

As for the full list, I quite like looking at it, but don't worry if it's too much hassle. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyMon 3 Jun 2019 - 21:29

Top 10 looks like this
1 Blood and Truth
2 FIFA 19
3 Team Sonic Racing
4 Days Gone
5 Red Dead Redemption 2
6 Cricket 19
7 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
8 Grand Theft Auto V
9 Forza Horizon 4
10 Mortal Kombat 11

Top PS4 Blood and Truth
Top PS3 Minecraft
Top VITA LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Top PSP Secret Agent Clank
Top Xbox One Forza Horizon 4
Top Xbox 360 Sonic Generations
Top PC Anthem
Top Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Top WiiU Breath of the Wild
Top Wii Just Dance 2019, What's the odds we get 2020?
Top 3DS Mario Kart 7
Top DS Guinness World Records: The Videogame

Edit

This is the first UK Digital Top 10, now this is only digital and Nintendo, Bethesda along with a few others don't share data that it isn't 100% accurate and it is a week behind

Number 1 Total War: Three Kingdoms, This would have been number 1 on its own on the physical chart last week above Team Sonic Racing
Grand Theft Auto V
Monopoly Plus
Minecraft
FIFA 19
Cities: Skylines
Red Dead Redemption 2
Uno
F1 2018
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2019 - 0:27

Uno? Was it on sale or something? Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue 4 Jun 2019 - 8:23

From what I gather yeah a few of the digital top 10 benefitted from sale's.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2019 - 19:59

masofdas wrote:
This is the first UK Digital Top 10...

If it could also be the last that'd be great. The state of that thing.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2019 - 1:39

I thought it looked as I'd expect it to, beyond the weird titles like Monopoly and Uno, but sales explain that away.

I still don't know how they track who's buying Secret Agent Clank in 2019. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2019 - 10:29

Me neither as the week before the PSP chart had nothing on it, the week before just three games, it must be odd new ones on Amazon or in GAME still (a GAME account on twitter often tweets it still has Matix on UMD new in stock) that are selling.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2019 - 11:44

I find it quite interesting to see how games on sale are faring in the charts, there's been plenty of times where I've seen something on sale and said to a few people "let's all get this", interesting to know it has an effect on the charts. FYI I've said that every time Uno is on sale but it's still not happened but clearly I'm not the only one who's thought about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2019 - 19:25

As you loved it last time it's the UK Digital Chart which is a week behind always

1st Grand Theft Auto V
2nd Total War: Three Kingdoms
3rd Blood & Truth
4th FIFA 19
5th Watch Dogs 2
6th Monopoly Plus
7th Minecraft
8th EA Sports UFC 3
9th Rainbow Six: Siege
10th Battalion 1944

Blood and Truth with the physical chart and download chart combined would have still been number 1 and first VR number 1 by 3,000 copies with GTAV being in second place on a combined chart.

Be interesting what this will look like post E3 Sales.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 2:36

Was Watch Dogs 2 on sale or was that a post-Ubi conference boost, I wonder?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 9:26

It is £10 on XBL (Rainbow Six is as well) at the moment but not sure when that deal started, I would have said it was part of the E3 week sale which started on the 7th and not before the 1st as remember these are a week behind, so E3 yet to happen.

I do wonder if E3 will have some bearing on the next one like could Witcher chart?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 23:21

Ah, I didn't know it was a week lag for it. Next week will be the one to watch then!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 17:14

No digital chart yet for the week of E3 but we do have a retail one-week ending 22nd, which reads like this

1. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
2. FIFA 19
3. Forza Horizon 4
4. Days Gone
5. Red Dead Redemption 2
6. Battlefield V
7. GTAV
8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
9. The Division 2
10. Anthem

CTR was the second biggest launch for the series behind the trilogy a few years back, which is a tad surprising as CTR launches on 3 formats (maybe four PC?) compared to just PS4. CTR is also the 3rd biggest of the year behind Days Gone and Resident Evil 2 Remake.

By system, it looks like this

PS3 FIFA 19
PS4 CTR
PSP Dragon Ball Evolution
VITA LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
360 FIFA 19
ONE CTR
PC Battlefield V
DS Guinness World Records
3DS Mario Kart 7
Wii Just Dance 2019
WiiU Breath of the Wild
Switch CTR

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 22:22

Masofdas wrote:

PSP Dragon Ball Evolution

Weird... I saw Dragon Ball but the subtitle is all fuzzy. It's almost like they made a terrible live action adaption of Dragon Ball and whitewashed most of the cast and I scrubbed it from my memory.

Unsurprising to see CTR topping the charts. That'll be there forever until GTA V inevitably tops the chart one random week in August.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next