Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)

Go down 
+21
OrangeRakoon
flora-chan
shanks
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
Kieron
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Solve My Maze
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Admin
Darunia
Gwyn400
Balladeer
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 8:42

Fronkhead wrote:
But to me this does look like how the 2D Zeldas work, only this big, sprawling world makes use of the verticality afforded by it being in 3D.

oh god I hope so, 2d zelda's are the best!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 13:22

I really hope so. They just need to make sure to put something interesting in every four or so "squares" like in the 2D games. Did anyone catch a screenshot of the map when they zoomed out on it? I wonder how many locations of interest are in there.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 20:56

The interwebs has yer back.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 Hzjhmuxj5n9vio0f9yau
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 23:21

I'm not entirely sure that's the whole map either, looks like some has been cut off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyTue 9 Dec 2014 - 12:52

Full Screen of the trailer at GA
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyTue 9 Dec 2014 - 13:09

Interesting at how "real" the map looks: no abstract temples or structures randomly visible. Or maybe it's so zoomed out that you can't see them. Interesting to see how Lake Hylia is formed too, wonder if you'll be able to ride down the rivers leading to it.

Treesmurf wrote:
I'm not entirely sure that's the whole map either, looks like some has been cut off.

I think that was the furthest he could zoom out. It already looked huge before he zoomed out that far!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyWed 10 Dec 2014 - 0:19

masofdas wrote:
Full Screen of the trailer at GA

Not exactly direct feed footage Laughing

fronkhead wrote:
Interesting at how "real" the map looks: no abstract temples or structures randomly visible. Or maybe it's so zoomed out that you can't see them. Interesting to see how Lake Hylia is formed too, wonder if you'll be able to ride down the rivers leading to it.

Treesmurf wrote:

I think that was the furthest he could zoom out. It already looked huge before he zoomed out that far!

It looked to me that there was more to the top left that wasn't being shown, maybe you can slide the map around using the touch screen?
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyWed 10 Dec 2014 - 11:33

Ah, the fast talking guy at Gamexplain (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MGlHnwVDmc) said it has to be the maximum zoom level as the Minus button becomes inactive and that at that last zoom level and map centres the GamePad screen rather than filling it.

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyWed 10 Dec 2014 - 20:06

I wouldn't worry about it too much; it'll be completely different by the time the final game's out (thinking about the Skyward Sword demo).
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 11:26

From Miyamoto's interview with iJustine which I've put up in the YouTube thread.

He talks about the size of Zelda U's map which is the same as Twilight Princess as one whole.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 16:45

ahh ye beat me to it, I think he said something along the lines of "what if we could take the entire size of twilight princess and make it one area" if that's true then what we recently seen is just one zone of a much larger world in fact I don't recall seeing death mountain in that footage so it looks likely to me.

I also found it interesting that they will be catering to players who can't play for long periods of time.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 17:55

That latter part interests me massively. One of the reasons I keep stalling on Twilight Princess (still unfinished! Rolling Eyes ) is that it can be (Oracle Of) ages between save points.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 19:54

The Zelda games are rare examples of a series where I will deliberately sit down for a long playtime. As such, I don't mind their save points being spread out too much.

Then again, if that gives the team the possibility to make the game harder, with death being less of a chore, I'm all for that!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 4:07

I well happily pump days or weeks out my file into a sense cane!  But the idea of can be chief up of necessary suggests them be less of like this to be going pc with.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 8:05

I like the idea of a "sense cane". I imagine it being something old hoodlums use to "beat sense" into the younger generation.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 11:51

The_Jaster wrote:
ahh ye beat me to it, I think he said something along the lines of "what if we could take the entire size of twilight princess and make it one area" if that's true then what we recently seen is just one zone of a much larger world in fact I don't recall seeing death mountain in that footage so it looks likely to me.

I also found it interesting that they will be catering to players who can't play for long periods of time.

I'm not sure I like the sound of this. One of the appeals of 2D Zelda is it always had one interesting thing per "square" on the map, and I don't think this will be the case here.

Miyamoto:"Yeah, there may even be times where you forget what your goal is, because you are doing other things on the side. There may be times where you go in to one big one long dungeon, or you're headed for a dungeon and doing other things on the side. What we're trying to do is design it in a way where you don't have to play it for a super long time, but more matched to today's lifestyle where you can think for a little bit, and say "maybe I just want to play for a little bit today and do this one thing." and get that thing done, then take a break."

This sounds good though, but ultimately I'm guessing it'll depend on the quests themselves. If it ends up being "kill 50 of x monster" from a random NPC I'm not sure what I'll make of it. I'm sure the team will think of more fun things: Majora's Mask had many, many inspired diversions after all.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 14:55

fronkhead wrote:
This sounds good though, but ultimately I'm guessing it'll depend on the quests themselves. If it ends up being "kill 50 of x monster" from a random NPC I'm not sure what I'll make of it. I'm sure the team will think of more fun things: Majora's Mask had many, many inspired diversions after all.
Exactly. I trust Nintendo to make this exciting rather than "big for the sake of more".

Also, why does Drunka get to be Chief Up of the Sense Cane?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 20:27

fronkhead wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

I'm not sure I like the sound of this. One of the appeals of 2D Zelda is it always had one interesting thing per "square" on the map, and I don't think this will be the case here.

Miyamoto:"Yeah, there may even be times where you forget what your goal is, because you are doing other things on the side. There may be times where you go in to one big one long dungeon, or you're headed for a dungeon and doing other things on the side. What we're trying to do is design it in a way where you don't have to play it for a super long time, but more matched to today's lifestyle where you can think for a little bit, and say "maybe I just want to play for a little bit today and do this one thing." and get that thing done, then take a break."

The main reason why I like the sound of a massive map is all the exploration possibilities it will be able to offer, this has always been the heart of game but not every zelda has captured that fully but this looks to be on the right track.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 19:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a few things to make my point more clear.)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Dec 2014 - 10:56

I have a lot of faith that the Zelda guys are not gonna fill the game with "kill 50 of x" nonsense. These are the top dogs after all, the Chief Ups.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Dec 2014 - 13:34

Agreed with Drunka, again. While I'm not entirely sure how vibrant the overworld will be (see WW's ocean), I'm pretty sure that the quests will be of the standard we're used to in Zelda games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 12:08

In the same interview with smosh, Miyamoto has said this will have loads of sidequests that will distract you from your goal.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 19:09

I liked an idea they sort of touched upon in Skyward Sword. Returning to completed temples, I don't think it should be compulsory but temples are a pretty big part of the puzzle and innovation behind Zelda, I think some optional areas that are inaccessible the first time upon entering would really make the player question what they can and can't achieve at a certain point in the game, which would make Temples both more challenging and more central to the experience.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 19:28

I'll agree with that. Making certain dungeons more than one-pass areas was one of the things Skyward Sword did right. (Although simultaneously one of the things Phantom Hourglass did wrong...)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 6:37

Gear gating has always been a big part of Zelda's maps - I would welcome more of it in the dungeons. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 12:37

Happy Mask Salesman to possibly make a comeback?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)
Page 5 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next