We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Go down 
+20
Zaphod_B
fronkhead
Cube
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
Axis1500
NintenDUCK
Athrun888
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Sentinator
Slazo
Vidofnir
masofdas
Xelviar
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Silver light
Admin
The_Jaster
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:11

With July & August being quite month's I might try giving the first ago with this coming in mind.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 15:48

Amidst all the other stuff shown off in the Direct, I hope that we haven't all completely overlooked neo-Shulk's ability to jump into people's front gardens.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 Annyjmal1cw9dbodujzh
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 15:51

The minute I saw the city I was amazed and then when I saw that I found myself unable to contain my amazement. This game can't come quick enough.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 16:15

It's depth like that that is making me worry that the one city is essentially going to be the only real town location in the game, with any others being at best small outposts.  In xenoblade we had a major city for each race, all having a completely different atmosphere in the process.  Seeing this much detail in just one location makes me wonder if the sacrifice was alternate cities and towns.

Also those realistic looking cars are bugging me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 16:34

athrun wrote:
Also those realistic looking cars are bugging me.

I like how present day earth like New Los Angeles looks, it creates an nice dynamic of when you venture outside into an unknown planet & see how alien everything is.

Also considering how big this game world is I'd be very surprised if that's the only town in the game.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyFri 7 Nov 2014 - 6:16

The current day earth feel to it is precisely my problem with it.  The trailers have shown that the civilization is at least a thousand years more advanced than current day times, so the use of present day stylings is just ridiculous.  I cannot for one second believe that a civilization that advanced would have any business making those cars or that style of house.  Why this time period which is frankly going to be entirely unremarkable in another twenty years* much less another thousand out of all the time periods?  

*I say twenty years because of how much things such as cars and general building design has changed in the last twenty years alone.  With the current pace of technology increasing modern day earth as it is right now will be as mystical as the roman cities of old, only far more boring.  Given the technology they are packing it's a disconnect that is incredibly annoying.  It's a incredibly vast step back from xenoblade, where you could essentially feel like you were in a different culture.  

And I wouldn't be so sure about there being other towns.  Not on the scale of the ones in xenoblade at any rate.  Maybe a few small outposts, but probably nothing on the scale and detail as, say, the Frontier Village.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyFri 7 Nov 2014 - 22:51

Maybe it's a future retro thing. Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptySat 8 Nov 2014 - 10:11

That's what I was thinking. A callback to the halcyon days of Earth gone by - before it was, y'know, exploded.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptySat 8 Nov 2014 - 15:28

But why would they be having a call back to this era out of all eras?  By their point in time there have no doubt been dozens of eras of mankind, and many of them are highly likely to be vastly more interesting and nostalgic than this one, not that that would be hard or anything.  

It's just a disconnect that's seriously getting under my skin.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptySun 9 Nov 2014 - 22:48

Ah, but perhaps in a self-centred, Inception-lets-go-too-deep twist, the 20teen's is the era of Xenoblade Chronicle X's release on the Wii U: an event so stupendous it became mankind's greatest hour and we stopped designing new things! Except for flying bubble cities and mechs, obvs.

They've certainly got my hopes up with this. Key features for me: a deep, tactical combat system, a clumsy character who, instead of leaping, barrels into gardens like Nick Frost in Hot Fuzz; and of course a build-in library of Virtual Console-esque games that were saved on a room in this New LA "Space Ark" after Earth's demise!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 11:13

So we've got a Japanese release date of 29th April, meaning the game proper is probably in its latter stages of development. All that's left after three months will be the massive amount of localisation... sigh. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 18:07

I am very excited, let me just say. The world looks phenomenal, even if it's not as conceptually exciting as the Bionis and Mechonis.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 18:05

Woo, localisation continues apace. 2015 looking pretty good!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 18:08

I'm going this will be the big October game then Zelda I November and Star Fox is September.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 18:10

You're probably right, sadly. Would it kill (sales or otherwise) to release a game in the summer? Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 18:13

Balladeer wrote:
You're probably right, sadly.  Would it kill (sales or otherwise) to release a game in the summer? Sad

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 DXGCU
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 23:08

Character Info
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 21:59

More information. I'm sure that some of you will be delighted to learn about the game's non-linearity: me, I find it a shame. I want a strong story that I can enjoy all of in one playthrough, without having to slog through the game again to see the rest of it. Aww!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 22:53

I'm not a fan of multiple endings either but perhaps that was unavoidable since you play as an avatar you created.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 9:20

I'm not fond of the avatar thing either. Okay, Shulk had as much personality as a cardboard frog, but they could have improved on that. Instead, they've guaranteed that the main character will have no character whatsoever.

Neither do I like the lack of a dedicated healer: I mained Sharla in XC. Ho hum.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 9:46

Balladeer wrote:
I'm not fond of the avatar thing either.  Okay, Shulk had as much personality as a cardboard frog, but they could have improved on that.  Instead, they've guaranteed that the main character will have no character whatsoever.

That wasn't true in Fire Emblem Awakening though, and you play as a player-created character there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 9:53

Okay, not guaranteed, but it seems more likely. I could be wrong, though.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 9:55

Yeah, avatars don't have to be blank slates, even ones where you can make major decisions don't NEED to be blank, Hawke from DA2 (despite all the criticisms of that game, I haven't heard many of Hawke him/herself) had a decent amount of that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 12:21

Mass Effect is a prime example - you absolutely craft your own Commander Shepard, but he/she have a lot of character to them. I wouldn't write off the avatar in Xenoblade so quickly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 13:25

Popping in to say that

a) I really should play Xenoblade (and might do so before the weekend),

b) multiple endings are a turn-off (but it depends how they're earned and how many there are), and

c) the avatar thing is fine for me. My favourite DS game, Dragon Quest IX, had you design all the members of your party.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next