We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptySun 12 Jul 2015 - 12:06

NLife are having a poll at the moment, theres been about 2,700 votes and seems people want

A hybrid / unified system to comes out when it's ready and to have all biggest third-party blockbusters.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptySun 12 Jul 2015 - 12:30

Because those 2 things fit perfectly together Applause well done everyone, you've nailed it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptySun 12 Jul 2015 - 12:43

Yeah is a rather silly as I can't see how you would get Witcher 3 running on a portable that was cost effective, I gather you could but would cost a fortune.

Unless it runs on a really low custom version of X86 and can get like the low low setting of a PC equivalent and is some how easy to port.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptySun 12 Jul 2015 - 18:40

andyman949 wrote:
Because those 2 things fit perfectly together Applause well done everyone, you've nailed it.

Bingo!  What a bunch of big sillies.

I think it's rather sad that people would rather see games they can get anywhere else than games only the NX can do.  Presumably they're more concerned about Nintendo's financial well-being than getting something that would be good for the consumer?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptySun 12 Jul 2015 - 19:42

Balla wrote:
I think it's rather sad that people would rather see games they can get anywhere else than games only the NX can do.

That's because as we know those other games don't usually appear on Nintendo consoles & folk just want to have both (third party and Nintendo exclusives) which isn't exactly unfair to ask for.

It probably won't happen but it'd be nice to only need one console.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 Jul 2015 - 11:48

Even if all the consoles were equal specs and all had the 3rd party with no exclusive content, I would still get all three consoles just for the exclusives each have.

But could see that if big 3rd party came to NX with likes of FFXV, FFVIII remake, FIFA 17, Next Rocksteady game all came to it likes of Balla & Zero would feel like would be missing out on them and even have to look at a PS4 (not sure on Zero but I know he likes of Batman and FIFA).
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 Jul 2015 - 13:50

But it's not an issue for you mas, for a young kid who has to pick a console for the next 5 years as their parents won't get them the other consoles, or just somebody not all that well off, they have to make a decision which one they want. Nintendo could do with being a more viable option for those people
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 Jul 2015 - 15:30

Yeah it could be and Nintendo system could be more family then the other two at launch.

But I like said on the Shenmue community over the game being PS4 only and the XBONE owners who are moaning, it's out till 2017 likely 2018 that a used PS4 will be rather cheap by then.

And if this gen last a good while that could be like halfway point that like my above about owning more then one system. Get the other halfway through a gen when it's cheap.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2015 - 18:48

More rumours that the NX will run with AMD X86 but the article that has been going around with that info has loads of things wrong in it but there could very much be truth behind the bit about AMD spokes people saying they've got the contract.

This would also mean that Backwards Compatibly is almost certainly out which does fall in-line with what Iwata said the NX is a system from scratch.

Also what I've heard from a friend more rumours could becoming soon, if people break NDA's.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2015 - 19:53

That'd be the first Nintendo console without backwards compatibility since the Cube.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2015 - 20:35

Yeah but to make BC you'll need a Gamepad which Iwata & Shigsy both say is the reason the Wii U failed and it isn't AMD that could be hard to get Wii U games to run on it also do we still need to have wiimotes.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2015 - 21:09

mas wrote:
Yeah but to make BC you'll need a Gamepad....

Surely it could connect to the NX just like wii remotes do to the wii U, the AMD thing is obviously a bigger spanner if true though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2015 - 21:13

But then you would have to bring out a gamepad on its own, which I just can't see unless it's a hybrid and has a screen on system/controller but again the Wii U architecture isn't AMD and might be more hassle than its worth to get games to run on a AMD powered NX.

I very much think Nintendo will try to distance the NX away from the Wii U which they have said is a failure.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2015 - 21:22

For folk who don't keep their consoles, sure they'd have to to sell a gamepad separately but that's not exactly impossible either.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2015 - 21:26

Yeah I could see them easily releasing a gamepad but again do we still need to use wiimotes for a 3rd console running as a few Wii U games use a wiimote.

To me it sends the wrong message especially with Iwata saying the NX with be a system from scratch not like the Wii U based on Wii based on the GameCube.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 18 Jul 2015 - 11:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptySat 18 Jul 2015 - 10:10

I'd like backwards compatibility, purely because it's a fine idea that means early adopters can get access to/use their existing (maybe?) library of games. If a game has Wii U Pro Controller support, I reckon that should be fine (especially as Pro Controllers are so blinking expensive). I could do without Wiimotes being involved, though. Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 11:20

First NX games announced today and that's Dragon Quest XI and so was X,

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 11:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 11:45

Hooray! That means it should make it to Europe in, what, 2018?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 11:48

Hopefully there launch games well, XI at least or the NX is region free.

Also means that the NX can run Unreal Engine 4 and pretty much puts on par with the PS4 it seems as how I took it that the PS4 & NX versions are the same and that it looks NX is coming out in Japan at least in 2016.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 13:44

Update Square have backtracked a bit and said they implied there coming to NX, I'm guessing because Nintendo haven't announced anything they've have had to backtrack on it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 14:58

NX, PS4 and 3DS is the interesting bit for me. Definitely not a hybrid though, right lads? Balladeer
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 15:05

Well the 3DS version is different there's two teams one for each version and the 3DS has a large install base that makes sense to make for that.

But yeah the PS4 & NX sharing the same game does kinda mean the NX isn't a hybrid and is a decided home console like Reggie said, the question now is what makes the NX diffeent to the PS4 & XBONE, if it can play the same games.

Why should I buy a NX to play DQXI when I can play it on my PS4 which I already own, I am going to buy a NX for the Nintendo games & the exclusives like with the U and every Nintendo system but that's not going to make it sell to a more wide audience unless it's like Duck (I think) said and it comes out really cheap like £200 and if it has all the same games as the other two why but them for there price when you can buy a NX cheaper.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 15:37

I said it would have to undercut the price which according to Amazon means it'll have to go for less than £250 on release if we assume the other two drop their prices between now and then to steal some of NX's momentum. But if it is going to be close in beefiness to the PS4 then I doubt they'll launch beneath £300. I'm not even going to try to come up with an idea as to what the innovative and exciting "look at me I'm different!" feature will be though.
I would also like to take the opportunity to aske for more points because it looks like my bacwards compatibility prediction is true. 1000 should do. I still expect some games to be ported from WiiU to NX for release though- like ZeldaU.

I'm also gong to formally predict Super Mario 128, and the NFC reader that's coming for 3DS in Autumn will work with NX.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 15:43

But over £300 for something unless it has a WOW idea that my PS4 & ONE can already do it's going to make me go out and preorder unless Zelda becomes NX only for instance.

The NX like I said I will buy but might be very much wait and see.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 17:50

mas wrote:
the question now is what makes the NX diffeent to the PS4 & XBONE, if it can play the same games.

It comes with beef. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next