Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 17:55

According to a NLife article the NX was shown to 3RD Parties during E3 with many reactions as "positive".
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 18:07

I am just hoping it's not 4D gimmick and it's actually a handheld not a console because wii U just beyond.
one screen is enough nintendo like the gameboy, what wrong with that?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 18:09

Well everything points to it being a console seeing Reggie has even said home console.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 18:11

If it's a home console that a total shock seriously, what happening with the Wii U than? I have to sell it because no released games? hell no

if it's not region free this time screw this seriously, getting a Japanese NX console from Japan the end. Hissy fit

Last edited by flora-chan on Sun 28 Jun 2015 - 18:14; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 18:13

Loads of games coming but as Cappa put it has a late GameCube feeling at the moment the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 18:19

masofdas wrote:
According to a NLife article the NX was shown to 3RD Parties during E3 with many  reactions as "positive".

I'm almost certain they said that before the Wii U. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 18:22

Yeah I remember the sizzle-reels with Battlefield, Alien, Ghost Recon before the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 16:19

More NX news

Foxconn believe they have the contract to manufacturer the NX and the system to come out July 2016, announced maybe around that time but a summer launch so soon seems mad. Along with hope to ship 20m SKU's so seems very bogus but Foxconn can't be saying this for no reason, So I reckon it's a bad translation.

This was also posted on NLife where Iwata is interviewed about NX at the share holding meeting.

NLife again but with a interesting article on it from one of the editors and guess what he brings up

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 3 Jul 2015 - 10:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added in article)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptySun 5 Jul 2015 - 17:55

Triple Post

Well it might not be the Nintendo Beefy as according to one of the main guys of Unseen 64 has insider knowledge and we know they find out cool things. Has said the NX will NOT be competing with the PS4 on a power level, that could mean many things like more powerful that's not competing but this is Nintendo.

So I can't see that at all.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Jul 2015 - 14:20

Not going to lie I'm a tad sick of seeing this chap show up on my twitter timeline, regardless if he's been right about some minor stuff in the past does it necessarily mean he's right here? Also I'm sure specs of a system can change a lot in the design process.

I may have the wrong impression here but it seems like he drops bits of information like this to gain popularity.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Jul 2015 - 14:57

Well Nintendo Life seem to believe him. It'd be a bit of a shame though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Jul 2015 - 17:30

I kinda do as well as you can see what Unseen 64 have found out over the years.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Jul 2015 - 18:16

Balladeer wrote:
Well Nintendo Life seem to believe him.  It'd be a bit of a shame though.

I don't exactly hold them in a high regard either. Laughing

---

I won't be surprised if it isn't on a power level with ps4 (if it's a console) and also I just don't see the point in worrying about that now when we know nothing about it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Jul 2015 - 19:16

It is a console Reggie & Shigsy have both said so, but it could be a hybrid though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Jul 2015 - 21:56

Having a bit more thought about whether I want/need MORE POWAH in a games console, well... I think that aiming to be the second-most powerful console on the market would be a must if Nintendo wants to court third-party support again. Making ports easy to manage. The games that will be made for One and PS4 can then be easily ported over to NX.

Myself? I kind of feel that the power I want is not necessarily the power that the rest of the industry wants. Photo-realism! Individually modelled sweatdrops! VR! Textures you can almost touch! 1080 mushy peas! Sleep Waste of time.

The sort of power I want is that which would allow the next level of XCX or Skyrim or Just Cause. Huge seamless worlds filled with stuff, with ideally enough power at developers' fingertips for them not to need Nintendo's mastery of the machine to create them. The ability to explore interesting worlds with minimal loading times. That sort of thing.

On the other hand, I'd also like Nintendo to come up with something brilliant and new again, like they did with the Wii; but not try and force the concept into a machine for the sake of innovation, like it still feels they did with the Wii U a bit.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Jul 2015 - 22:34

Balladeer wrote:
Myself?  I kind of feel that the power I want is not necessarily the power that the rest of the industry wants.  Photo-realism!  Individually modelled sweatdrops!  VR!  Textures you can almost touch!  1080 mushy peas! Sleep Waste of time.  

The sort of power I want is that which would allow the next level of XCX or Skyrim or Just Cause.  Huge seamless worlds filled with stuff, with ideally enough power at developers' fingertips for them not to need Nintendo's mastery of the machine to create them.  The ability to explore interesting worlds with minimal loading times.  That sort of thing.

I'd argue that the gaming industry is indeed focused on the latter rather than the former - well, outside of racing sims and the like - as you only need to take a look at Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 which, whilst being pretty looking games unto themselves, are more focused on expanding their world and making massive interesting worlds that feel properly alive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Jul 2015 - 8:53

There are examples (Shadows of Snorebore was the one that jumped to mind for me), but it seems that for every one such game, there are three or so obsessed with teh grafx. (Reducing to the absurd, you wind up with The Order.) I suppose that the screeching about 1080p and such doesn't help from a public relations point of view, but may not be reflective of what the industry thinks.

But it's definitely the power that makes games like those possible that I'd like to see, but doubt I'll get now, from the NX.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Jul 2015 - 10:23

I still feel that even if the NX had more POWER! it wouldn't really help with 3rd parties as how many of the 10Mish Wii U owners don't own or planning to buy a PS4 or ONE, I would think it's a very very small percentage and where are all there mates playing the 3rd party games on there PS4 or ONE there not going to go out about buy a NX to play FIFA 17.

Yes if the rumours of it using some sort of X86 is true and is easy to port and doing that costs peanuts then might be worth EA bringing FIFA 17 to the NX even for a small install base that will buy it.

But with Iwata saying it has some idea that they don't want the others to copy, I'm thinking it's something mad like a Wiimote was and makes the console completely different to the other two which might be a good thing as do we really need three big black boxes of power which all do the same part from exclusives and Nintendo could be 3 years behind and only selling to the Nintendo fan as everyone else has a PS4 or ONE.

On what to get from POWER! I agree and disagree with you Balla as like Jay points out Fallout 4 doesn't look great from a graphics point of view but what you can to do in that game is where the POWER! is being used, but a Forza or GT or FIFA you want to have photorealism as that's the sort of the game uses the POWER! in that way.

Really the POWER! if there needs to be used from the dev's in right way for there game, I reckon Fallout 4 good look amazing if it ran in the same engine as doom 4 but then you wouldn't get that huge world. So there using it in the right way, I feel The Order used the POWER! of the PS4 in the right way for that movie game as that what they were aiming for and if you went in expecting that it was great like I said in my review.

The NX does need to be 1080p and hopefully all games unless there's a reason not to be running at 60fps. I am a little disappointed on Nintendo's comments on VR (Lot on here have the same views) that it's rubbish but from what have scene and everyone seems to be chasing it and it could be come huge and Nintendo could be left behind not just on POWER! but with what the industry is doing if everything has VR.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Jul 2015 - 13:05

It was a very personal post, Mas. I couldn't give a monkey's left ovary for GT or Forza, or The Order, or for any games like them. I care about FIFA inasmuch as it contributes to Nintendo's SALEZZZZZZ, no more, and I don't particularly believe that they should be focussing on graphics there when there are things like weather AI, ball physics, increasing the number of players in there (more women's teams), new "fun" modes etc. There are many superior uses for power in such a game.

On VR I can see the appeal, even though it doesn't appeal to me; on 1080p, though, I am inclined to come out of my subjective box and be a bit more dogmatic. There is far too much obsession from gamers and from the industry about doing something that makes a minor difference on most televisions (and don't get me started on 4K). If you have a home cinema, then my heart sodding bleeds for you; however, maybe you could open your square eyes for a second and see that there are many more interesting things that can be concentrated on, should be concentrated on, with games than cramming in half a dozen more "ps".
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Jul 2015 - 13:17

I think something like weather you bring up is part of the realism of a game like FIFA and I agree that's what the power used be used for in a game like FIFA.

I know you don't care about Forza but I was using that as example where power for realism is needed where Fallout 4 is a great example where power is used more the world and what you can do in it.

That I'm agreeing and disagreeing with on POWER! that to me what POWER! that is there be it on any system with nay game has to be used in the right way for said game. Not all the game will appeal to you or me but as a industry as whole as why it's like that in certain games.

On 1080p to me it's 2015, that should be the standard as how we view things.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Jul 2015 - 13:19

Oh cripes, I said weather AI! Laughing I meant "player AI". The last thing you need is a thunderbolt that's made a concerted effort to chase down the player with the ball...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Jul 2015 - 13:25

See I thought you were on about more dynamic weather with rain and how it would affect the pitch and how the ball etc.

But I don't think we have to worry about POWER! though out of the NX and NLife just done a article and like they said POWER! means different things as the Wiimote was the power of the Wii.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Jul 2015 - 18:47

masofdas wrote:
See I thought you were on about more dynamic weather with rain and how it would affect the pitch and how the ball etc.

But I don't think we have to worry about POWER! though out of the NX and NLife just done a article and like they said POWER! means different things as the Wiimote was the power of the Wii.

Nintendo don't need this *POWER* as they famous enough for there name and there history of gaming for many years. They really didn't needed the Wii remote or touch pad for the Wii U but they really wanted to be *different* is the word your looking for but what cost is that if people are putting off by there differences than a normal controller? I wouldn't risk it and not even putting enough games on this generation console even. That why this NX is coming next year and that why they trying to do something about it because they did see there errors somewhere. Only thing they can do is to improve and move forward now, I believe they can do better if they put there minds to it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Jul 2015 - 20:44

masofdas wrote:
It is a console Reggie & Shigsy have both said so,  but it could be a hybrid though.

I guess right now part of me just can't believe that it is a console, I know wii U hasn't done the numbers Nintendo wanted it to do and to replace it would be the expected thing to do but when do they ever do that?

I guess what I'm saying is I'll believe it when I see it. (when it's offficially confirmed)

Balladeer wrote:
Oh cripes, I said weather AI! Laughing I meant "player AI".  The last thing you need is a thunderbolt that's made a concerted effort to chase down the player with the ball...

Now that's a football game I'd like to play. Laughing (not that the normal ones are bad)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 EmptyWed 8 Jul 2015 - 9:55

Yeah as when they say home console they could still mean anything knowing Nintendo. The only thing we really know is that Shigsy & Iwata have talked about the Wii U in the past tense and it being a failure, that like you said it's the expected thing to replace it but with what.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next