Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 18:37

Chris Scullion's gone and done an NX wishlist.  And top of the pile is - you guessed it - hybridisation. Duh! See my comment below the article for more on that.

He also wants achievements in there. I don't care for achievements: for me, games are not for bragging rights. But I wouldn't mind them, so long as their influence could be turned right down.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 19:00

Fronkhead shared a great article on achievements earlier today on The Twittah. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/185436/an_alternative_to_achievements.php?print=1

Achievements don't necessarily bother me any way - I'll unlock them if I like a game enough to go for 100% completion, or I'll ignore them otherwise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 20:02

I want innovation, but purposeful innovation. The Wii gave me some of the greatest gaming experiences of my life thanks to the innovative motion sensing remote - I loved playing games that had me moving, rotating, swiping, pointing, shooting, swinging, talking, listening and even orchestrating (though we'll say less about the waggling, because that was mostly quite gash).

Yeah. I definitely want innovation. But I want purposeful, consequential innovation. The GamePad, for me, has been a bit of a bust. In my opinion, it's either a bit disruptive in many of the Wii U's best games (Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3 for example), not essential (SSB Wii U, Mario Kart Cool or just totally redundant (Tropical Freeze). Apart from off-screen, what's the point? About five games use it meaningfully.

I want something different, but I don't want something different for the sake of it being different (if that makes sense?).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 20:09

Completely. Don't get me wrong, I love what they've done with the gamepad in some cases (off-TV play, Miiverse) - but a lot of it seemed like the idea came first, and scurrying around for something to actually do with it came second. It doesn't even look like the new Zelda will have much more than a map to show for it.

Always, always know what you want to do with something before you do it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 20:40

To me I'd say it's got to be the rumblings of Nintendo's next handheld. As already stated, Ninty's exhausted the obvious choices this handheld generation, so to be talking about nuGame Boy on that front, coupled with the age of the 3DS, is realistic.

I want Nintendo to master the delicate balance between graphics and battery this time. The Vita does pretty well in this regard, so we know it can be done. I would also be over the moon if Ninty delivered on old speculation that it would offer online anywhere gaming when it could be free to all.

Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 20:44

Balladeer wrote:
Chris Scullion's gone and done an NX wishlist.  And top of the pile is - you guessed it - hybridisation. Duh! See my comment below the article for more on that.

He also wants achievements in there.  I don't care for achievements: for me, games are not for bragging rights.  But I wouldn't mind them, so long as their influence could be turned right down.

Great minds think a like
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 20:53

For someone like me who has a terrible track record with games, I find achievements to be some sort of millstone around the neck. A constant reminder of the unfinished, casual nature of my playing habits. My PSN trophy list sickens me even though I don't care about it. I don't like achievements. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 20:55

They're a completionist's curse too. I don't want to complete every sidequest in Xenoblade, or catch every Pokémon, let alone be reminded that I haven't by a giant scoreboard that says I'm inferior to someone who has.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 21:00

I'm not the biggest fan of them either as you can tell by my Top 5 games of the decade I mainly play games for the story aspect and replaying a game just to get a trophy from the other option in the story isn't for me but if it's something simple like with The Order kill 10 people with this gun I will do it.

I wonder what Nintendo Life want also look at that poll
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 23:03

I ignore the achievements on the Other Consoles, but Nintendo games tend to have the sort of gameplay I'd want to achieve everything in. So maybe they should include a 'chieve system. Having said that, they essentially have done on the WiiU with the stamps. Now that's a reward. As for Nintendo's next thing; I realised that I don't take my 3DS out anywhere with me, and occasionally wish I could beam it to the TV to show other people. So I guess that's sort of a wish for a hybri*SHOT*
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 23:12

I'm the total opposite to you there Jimbob in that I think stamps are awful! Having nothing to say on miiverse obviously doesn't help the matter, but there's no permanent record that my friends can have a look at to see that I've 100%'d a game. I just don't get the appeal of having a few stamps that can only be used from one game and also tell you nothing of what you did to get it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 23:25

More to say later - when I'm not just about to go to bed! - but I would love a Nintendo achievetrophy system. I'm sure I've said it before but this is almost completely because I think their ideas of what constitute an achievement could be very different and shake things up a bit. Mas's example of "10 kills with gun X" would surely not apply; you'd be hoping for something much more out there.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 2:00

All I want is the base model to not have complete **** screen size and for it to launch with some actually good games.  Both things the 3DS didn't do.  None of that stupid "we'll give the third parties breathing space to have the launch window to themselves" nonsense that they stupidly did with the 3DS (newsflash Nintendo, nobody buys your systems for third party games as the main focus) and condemned it to almost a year before it even got ONE game worth buying a system for.  

And before I forget, no region lock this time, although I suppose Nintendo doing something that consumer friendly and non-backwards is like wishing I won the lottery.   Rolling Eyes

Oh, and maybe just maybe for them to be able to use the modern miracles of science to get GBA games working on it, although even if they did that I suppose they'd still dribble them out at the pace of frozen saliva.  Meh

I'm in a swell mood today aren't I?  Although I don't think that makes much difference, last time Nintendo launched a portable the design choices they made with it made me outright boycott the thing for years because of how angry I was with them, so I have exceedingly minor hopes this time with the hope that this time they might just be able to live up to them.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 2:08

Hopes & dreams: A handheld that plays fun games, I think it's time for an HD display & digital games tied to your NNID and not the console.

I'd also quite like a return to a one screen device as I have grown tired of the clam shell design of the DS/3ds oh and give the the L&R buttons grooves for your fingers like the cube pad. Dance  

Fears: That they try the rumoured hybrid system and no one get's it or they fail to explain it properly like the wii U which put's them in an even worse position than now.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Wed 18 Mar 2015 - 2:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I had more hopes and dreams.)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 8:51

I really liked the gamepad and, other than switching off the notifications, I've never had an issue with achievements and trophies. Games tell you your completion percentage anyway, guys...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 9:10

Yeah, they tell YOU that. I like the social nature of trophies!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 9:32

Althrun brings up a good point,  I bought both a 3DS & Wii U at launch. Then we had to wait ages to get any really good games and both had price drops rather quickly.  That the NX has to have a good launch.

On Jas's fear yeah the messaging for the Wii U has been awful. I remember when we sold them colleagues didn't have a clue some though it was a add on, some did think that gamepad was portable.

If the NX is a hybrid then there could be issues but premiely it will be a handheld and that's how I think Nintendo should market it by showing ads with people using it everywhere like a normal handheld then the guy on the bus playing in the ad you see him again at home chucking down his bag then bam playing his game on the TV screen. Then the slogan comes up play anywhere.

So is message it's a handheld but you can play it anywhere be it on the bus or at home on your TV. Even Nintendo couldn't muck that up.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 16:07

People are dumb though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 16:15

Well if people couldn't get it from that ad then they are dumb. I can understand maybe thinking gamepad was an add-on due to the name Wii U and people thinking the Wii U was a hybrid kinda because of screen. But if there clear about its a handheld but you can plug into TV then I can't see how that would be taken any other way.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 16:40

I would like all of these

The power of the Vita combined with Nintendo IPs
A non-pathetic battery life
more JRPGs and puzzle games like we had on the DS
better loading time with the downloading and internet
watch tv shows or episodes with a account on the go with the handheld
HD of course  Suspect
better pixels of graphics the better Thumbs Up!
NO REGION LOCK  DAMN YOU!
NO 3D or 4D gimmick anymore get rid of it! Duh!
more choices with covers on the consoles to add on

I don't see a 4 screen working but I would prefer the 1 screen personally like the vita
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 19:52

Hopes: A handheld device that launches with an intact and well-stocked eShop (or upgraded equivalent) and at least one genuine killer app from Nintendo themselves. Ninty's current two systems launched without said system seller in position and suffered many negative headlines. Learn, team. Learn.

Hopefully obviously, the retention of Miis and the Miiverse (still brilliant), potentially with the ability to add videos of gameplay to posts.

Dreams: An HD screen so my long-standing prediction of the HDS comes true. Grin A new account system that means all the titles you bought through the eShop in the previous gen (i.e. this one Neutral ) can be transferred, all progress intact. Incredible battery life with a well-backlit screen (it is the 'dreams' section! Winky Face ). Achievement system, but one with more practical rewards than an increasing number (hats/clothes for Miis? Stamps that can be used in any part of Miiverse? Something that links to the mobile games?).

Fears: Another Wii U-type system whose appeal Nintendo can't communicate to the public. A system that pushes more of Nintendo's fans into the arms of their competitors. A system that isn't ready at launch. I love Nintendo and really want any new system to experience smooth sailing from the start.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 21:08

Definitely agree with all those saying that the NX needs a killer app. from launch.  Sad thing is, Nintendo probably thought they had it with the Wii U (I can only assume that, like almost everyone else, they view the 3DS launch as a misstep): 2D Marios sell by the bucket-load, and Nintendo Land, which would be Smash Bros. meets Wii Sports!  Nope.

Give us another Wii or DS launch line-up, please.  Actually, at launch is one time when I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of an old great, SM64DS-style.

andyman949 wrote:

And that's a big reason why I don't see the point of it.  I have wanted to boast about half a dozen gaming achievements in my life (the only one I can remember off the top of my head is beating Bopopolis): if so, I'll do it here.

A stamp-based achievement system I could get behind, mind.  Even better if unlocking a stamp allows you to use it in any game's community.

flora-chan wrote:

HD of course  Suspect
better pixels of graphics the better  Thumbs Up!

You forgot the swimming pool and the magic pony. Razz
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 21:55

Balladeer wrote:
Definitely agree with all those saying that the NX needs a killer app. from launch.  Sad thing is, Nintendo probably thought they had it with the Wii U (I can only assume that, like almost everyone else, they view the 3DS launch as a misstep): 2D Marios sell by the bucket-load, and Nintendo Land, which would be Smash Bros. meets Wii Sports!  Nope.

Give us another Wii or DS launch line-up, please.  Actually, at launch is one time when I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of an old great, SM64DS-style.

andyman949 wrote:

And that's a big reason why I don't see the point of it.  I have wanted to boast about half a dozen gaming achievements in my life (the only one I can remember off the top of my head is beating Bopopolis): if so, I'll do it here.

A stamp-based achievement system I could get behind, mind.  Even better if unlocking a stamp allows you to use it in any game's community.

flora-chan wrote:

HD of course  Suspect
better pixels of graphics the better  Thumbs Up!

You forgot the swimming pool and the magic pony. Razz

Consider swimming pools and magic pony has got nothing to do with a new gen console
I will have to pass but if that what you really want in the new console than go ahead in your list lol
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 22:03

I'll settle for a winning lottery ticket scrumpled into the cartridge slot/disc drive, I think. No point in shoving it in with the rest of the documentation, which I barely look at before binning.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 22:34

Hopes: A nice metallic finish like the Game boy micro. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next