Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 22:39

Hopes: It's actually this.

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 Hb6410

...but with a nice metallic finish like the Game Boy Micro, natch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 23:17

Launching this winter, the Nintendo NADS.

Something something low-hanging fruit...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 6:53

New Awesome DS?
Nintendo Accelerated DS?
Third option that is difficult to make up? Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 9:53

Did find it funny that EB here said you could pre order the NX
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 10:40

shanks wrote:
Did find it funny that EB here said you could pre order the NX

Yes, that did seem extremely odd.  They have a history of it though.  I read a story of a person preordering a Duke Nukem (I think) game in 1997 and still had their receipt for it when it finally got a release in 2011 (or something close to that).  I cannot think of a single reason why you would something that is just a concept and probably two years away.

Last edited by oldschool on Thu 19 Mar 2015 - 13:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 12:48

Duke was meant to come out in 1997 though, but is weird we can preorder already.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 13:56

masofdas wrote:
Duke was meant to come out in 1997 though, but is weird we can preorder already.

We don't even know what it does or even looks like why would I pre-order this? is it really gotta be sold out that fast? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 19:13

Given Nintendo's supply-limiting techniques, almost certainly.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptySun 22 Mar 2015 - 23:33

To me, NX means "Nintendo Cross". Multiple devices, regularly iterated upon, that play the same games. See the generations of iPhone, iPod, iPad which all work with the same titles.

I'd hope that it is such a massive success so that Nintendo legitimately have a reason to stay in the console market - the alternative, that mobile ends up bringing in far more revenue than their console business, is too hideous to contemplate....
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 19:59

axis can u plz not No

Iwata's talking up the NX as game-changing (pun intended). It sounds like, rather than releasing a 9DS, they're going to go in a completely different direction. Or it could be marketing guff, natch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 20:05

I don't like the sound of that at all Axis, I wouldn't be buying a new system every 6 months like they do with phones.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 20:48

Nintendo wouldn't issue an upgrade every six months; that would be ludicrous. The current thing seems to be one hardware improvement per gen (DS to DSi, 3DS to New 3DS), and I see no reason to believe that that will change.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 8:46

Been reading NL's interview with some NINDIE dev's about Unity coming to New 3DS with one bringing up that they hope the NX supports it, I hope so to as it will only give the system more games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyMon 1 Jun 2015 - 10:34

I'm on my phone at the moment, so can't link you the link about the rumours that NX could very be Android based.

Which could mean it's OldSchools 3rd pillar to play the mobile games on more than a actual replacement for either or both current systems.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 18:52

That's been debunked, which is fair enough. It's not Nintendo's style, for me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 18:35

I've shuffled this back into General Gaming.

I was convinced that the NX would be a new handheld. It made sense, based on where the generations were. Now, I'm not. Because in the Direct that wasn't, we got a mix of unremarkable Wii U and unremarkable 3DS games, which says to me that both streams are now concentrating on working on games for... something else.

The decent 3DS offerings seemed to just about outnumber the Wii U ones, so if it were one or the other, I'd guess that NX is actually a new home console. Sweep the failure that was the Wii U under the rug and carry on.

But in reality, I've moved towards the third option side of things. Surely if it were replacing one or the other, we'd have had lots of games for the Wii U carrying the 3DS or vice versa? And no sign.

I didn't want a third option. I liked Nintendo's two-pillar strategy. But I now think that's what's going to happen.

Drama queen
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 18:42

I agree it's a new console or maybe a hybrid. But think it's the former.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 20:10

Honestly in hind sight the only good thing about Nintendo's e3 this year was that, by virtue of the fact it seems all their big teams are working on games for something other than their current systems, the NX might for the first time in over a decade be the first Nintendo system to not have complete shit to play at launch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 17:44

IF Metroid Prime IV happens (big if), it'd be on NX, says series director, confirming what we all already thought.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 18:07

It does look that way Balla & Athrun that Nintendos devs have moved on or are going to which begs the question when is NX coming as it doesn't look like there's much left in the way of Wii U's life can really keep going to 2017.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 0:06

Maybe it only has to hold out until Late next year. They'll announce it at E3 and then hopefully by the end of the year it'll be released
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 12:41

Yeah we know that can be done from how the ONE & PS4 was shown along with how Apple etc announce something then just comes out nowadays.

Be interested to see what Balla makes of that if NX is late 2016 and he's tempted to get a PS4 in 2016, on which he would buy. Is it the trusted friend of Nintendo but knowing how the 3DS & Wii U launched it could take a while to actaully be worth picking up unless of course it does have amazing line-up at launch and stuff annouced or go for well you think 2016 the cheaper PS4 but the enemy which is by then have a vast library of games to play.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 13:16

I'm your little case study, aren't I Mas? Laughing

What I'm planning on doing is getting the PS4 as a post-actuarial exams/qualification present, so that should be June at the latest.  Then NX will be out during the holiday season, some months later; and I will get it at launch, because of course I will, and complain about the lack of launch games, because of course I will.

That said, Nintendo have now had two bad console launches one after another.  They've obviously already devoted games-making resources to the console, hence the rather empty Direct.  Is it too much to expect a decent launch line-up this time? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 13:46

Nice Balla
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Jun 2015 - 12:33

From Reggie about the PS4 & XBONE

From a Nintendo perspective, we clearly have strength here in the Americas, we have strength in Europe and we have strength in Japan. That isn’t necessarily true of some of our more direct competitors. We’ve also said publicly that we are already hard at work on our next home console and that’s another element we’ll be talking about much later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next