Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)

Go down 
+8
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 10:16

Ooh - ooh - tangent there regarding the above - Digression Alert as Mr. Ball would say: How about Pub Team Mode? You make up between 8 and 11 doods in the character creator, and none of them are allowed any statistic past 50.

EDIT: by above I mean the previous page -*sigh*
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 11:14

Jimbob wrote:
Ooh - ooh - tangent there regarding the above - Digression Alert as Mr. Ball would say: How about Pub Team Mode? You make up between 8 and 11 doods in the character creator, and none of them are allowed any statistic past 50.

EDIT: by above I mean the previous page -*sigh*

So you are saying just make Rangers then? Dance
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 11:34

FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 Row-ma11
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 20:25

What's everyone got against Rangers? Chief offender being Scullion: his tweets are generally great, yet he actively seems to hate Rangers with a passion that borders on the ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 20:44

He like Jas and Myself are Celtic fans, I don't know what the Cricket equivalent of the rivalry would be.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 21:02

Rangers are the Arsenal of Scotland. Scum.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 21:41

Balladeer wrote:
What's everyone got against Rangers?  Chief offender being Scullion: his tweets are generally great, yet he actively seems to hate Rangers with a passion that borders on the ridiculous.

I only hate them when we are playing them or when they are saying something daft which is most of the time. Smile

Drunkalilly wrote:

THIS.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 0:02

Balladeer wrote:
What's everyone got against Rangers?  Chief offender being Scullion: his tweets are generally great, yet he actively seems to hate Rangers with a passion that borders on the ridiculous.

Old Firm rivalry. One of the oldest and most heated football derbies in the world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 5:51

Drunkalilly wrote:

What, like all big football clubs? Razz

The_Jaster wrote:
I only hate them when we are playing them or when they are saying something daft which is most of the time.  Smile

What, like all big football clubs? Razz

JayMoyles wrote:
Old Firm rivalry. One of the oldest and most heated football derbies in the world.

Even I've heard of the Old Firm rivalry, but I'm surprised that yer man gets carried away by it to the extent he does.  These days, it's just another pair of clubs playing each other, isn't it?  Unless Rangers set fire to the Celtic bus last week or something.

EDIT: Zero pointed out off-piste that there's a religious element to this rivalry. Not sure whether, in a modern secular country, I now understand it more or less. Meh
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 11:25

Balla wrote:
Even I've heard of the Old Firm rivalry, but I'm surprised that yer man gets carried away by it to the extent he does.  These days, it's just another pair of clubs playing each other, isn't it?  Unless Rangers set fire to the Celtic bus last week or something.

EDIT: Zero pointed out off-piste that there's a religious element to this rivalry. Not sure whether, in a modern secular country, I now understand it more or less. Meh

I've spoken to Jay (I think) briefly about this before over skype & while you do get pulled into the religious element when you are younger I am not about that side of it anymore (sadly you have bigots on both sides of the divide that don't let it go) & haven't been for a long long time so it is just about the match or accolades we've achieved for me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 17:14

I know you won't want to hear this but we have news, thanks to a new trailer for FIFA 18.

The Switch version won't be running on frostbite, it won't have the journey mode and it seems no ultimate team either. This seems to be the same for PS3 & 360 as well which are legacy versions.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 17:16

Does that honestly surprise anybody? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 17:20

Nope, but I'm interested why the Switch version is playable at EA Play.

Does it offer something over the PS360 version or is EA just showing it because they can? I don't think they're showing PS360 version off and why would they as they would won't people to buy the PC4ONE version for that Ultimate Team.

Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 18:49

Lacking Ultimate Team is inexcusable to be honest, but the game will be better for not running the Frostyboy engine. If there's one thing that kills sports games, it's ridiculous load times and overly flashy (sluggish) menus. I'm not the target for an annual Fifa, I'm a -one sport game a gen and we're good - dude. But I always struggle to make it through a full season of 40+ matches, and sitting around waiting for the thing to load while all the sponsors or needless presentation guff gets a good showing off is a sure fire way to annoy me (Who the fuck sits through any of the pre-game chats save for the first time (maybe) or a final (also a maybe) ?).

Maybe Fifa's a bit better for that, but Madden (16, I think is the one I played) has such an atrocious menu system that amplifies it's waity-ness over the play-eyness (it also gets very upset at you if you're not connected to the internet, and has a big old wait before telling you it's annoyed everytime you boot it). There's a load of pointless pre-game chat bollocks that I can't skip despite mashing X. And that's because their games just don't load fast, not on that engine. If you could get it running on a switch, the cartridges might make it a bit faster, but probably not enough to give you that instant gratification.

If the "lesser" Switch version serves up it's goods super fast, and still plays a decent game of football, then for me that's probably more appealing than the "real" version - not that I'm going to buy either.

I feel like a lot of sport games are moving towards a sim over arcade experience. That's not necessarily bad, I like a challenge and I like things to feel realistic. But I also find that the more involved the franchise modes get, the more engaged I am in the stuff off the pitch to the detriment of the stuff on it. To the point where I'd just prefer to play Football Manager or something. 2K are guilty of this too, NBA 2kX is very good but another sluggish loader with a ton of stuff to do that isn't just shooting the hoops. PES is basically the only game that keeps me more interested in the stuff on the pitch than all the things off of it.

(Also, I've nowhere else to complain about this,
but DAMN YOU! you NHL 17:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 19:52

Coming soon: EA refusing to develop games for Switch because nobody bought a butchered version of FIFA. Duh!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 20:53

Balla's outcome is pretty likely and always was. Hopefully the Switch "play it on the go and on the telly" magic will sell it for EA. I can't be much more positive than that at this stage; it better be showcased by someone at E3.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 18:22

EA kept making stuff for DS and 3DS I reckon, so I'm confident cheaper production, larger install base and the lure of portability will keep the Switch better supported than Wii U was.

As for the game: I can see that people will be disappointed by the absence of Ultimate Team and the Journey but I personally couldn't care less. Multiplayer football? Check. Quick matches and/ or a career mode to play when I fancy it? Check. That's all I'll need until I replace my Switch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 18:26

Hasn't been a FIFA on 3DS since 2014 though mate and that's a system with 60+ Million installbase.

EA's portable ambitious are on smartdevices as those version of Ultimate Team for that dolla dolla.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 21:10

I wouldn't pick up a FIFA on 3DS purely because of how hamstrung that type of handheld FIFA would be compared to a Switch version.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 Jun 2017 - 11:17

JayMoyles wrote:
I wouldn't pick up a FIFA on 3DS purely because of how hamstrung that type of handheld FIFA would be compared to a Switch version.

Wouldn't a mobile version be even more hamstrung, yet we get those.

I don't know why but EA doesn't like Nintendo and it lead to Balla's outcome.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 Jun 2017 - 11:27

With mobile the install base is more than there, and ready for any bit of FIFA that EA can throw at it. Meh
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 0:03

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Leaked screenshots, spoilered as per pre-E3 forum rules:

Spoiler:

This is my hope for the game, would rather have this than a half arsed version from a couple of years back. Also as Muss mentioned, no Ultimate Team is inexcusable, if that doesn't happen then it can sod off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 21:15

FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 Maxresdefault

Ultimate team is confirmed for the Switch version.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/fifa-18-nintendo-switch#
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 21:28

Thanks, Professor Jasworth! That is indeed good news. Applause I'm not sure I'll participate in it but I'm glad it's there for those that want it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 21:34

Quite tempted to get it now but the big thing for me is how it'll play, also hopefully we'll see what this 'Switch kick off' mode is at the Treehouse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next