We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)

Go down 
+8
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 10:28

EA apparently is cautious, yet optimistic about switch, however have no games planned after FIFA. Is the short version of a interview with a EA bigwig.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 14:06

Essentially EA appear to have less confidence in Switch than Wii-U given they also released Mass Effect 3 and Need for Speed Most Wanted on Nintendo's last system.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 14:47

Well they said if it takes off then they will bring games to it, which I point to the 3DS which they've not released a game on since 2014 (Of only 8 games on the system) and it has 60m+ install-base.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 16:35

gjones wrote:
Essentially EA appear to have less confidence in Switch than Wii-U given they also released Mass Effect 3 and Need for Speed Most Wanted on Nintendo's last system.

Releasing Mass Effect 3 without either of the other games didn't feel like a huge amount of faith in the Wii U, whereas here at least they're doing a grounds-up game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 16:47

They've never said grounds up they've said custom version, it could till be based on the last gen version like rumours but may have somehting like the cool idea Jas came up with.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 21:02

At the risk of sounding a bit privileged, because I've already got a PS4 I don't really care if EA do or don't try hard on the Switch. If they're going to make a porta-fifa, then that's cool - as long as it's not a version that takes the piss. I'd love to have a few sports games I can tinker with on the go, but equally I feel like a lot of their work as developers is best played on a home console anyway. I'm more interested in the games they might publish like Plants v Zombies or little games like that coming to the Switch rather than their big hitters.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 12:37

Those could work better Muss, also I think Jas's idea for UT for Switch is out of the question as reports are saying the Switch version won't have Ultimate Team.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 14:38

If that's true then they've already fucked it, outside of official licenses that's the top reason why people buy the game.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 14:43

Surely the costs of implementing UT outweigh the potential revenue from putting it in the Switch version? Please explain to an old man.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 14:53

Possibly Zero, but now it seems it will be a port of the last gen version with some cool things just for Switch and that's about it.

It will likely not sale and that be EA done with the system.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 14:59

There are lots of factors at play on this one but you're probably right. Meh I'll still be getting it, mind.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 10:13

Glad you get to play a FIFA that isn't on your mobile phone, but also I'm like urggh poor Zero going to pay £40-50 for a half-baked version.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 10:22

Tbh he'll likely still get a tonne of fun out of just the career mode, I've been doing the same thing with PES for years.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 15:44

I reckon I'll enjoy it whatever, simply because I won't be able to compare it to those bigger versions.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 15:57

ZeroJones wrote:
I reckon I'll enjoy it whatever, simply because I won't be able to compare it to those bigger versions.

I expect I'll be picking it up regardless Zero, as I'm not into FIFA enough to keep up to date on XBox and more likely to play on the go. If all else fails, I'm sure me and you will be pitting Tottenham against Nottingham for the duration of the Switch's lifespan.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 16:25

Doing that in real life will result in what I believe they call a "cricket score" in the commentary box. Forest would be so bad that we'd likely end up with something like 12 - -1. No

But I'm totally up for the Switch version of the match! Grin Any time, Mauricio Drunkettino - any time. Cool
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 16:38

Pleased you guys will enjoy it, I'm just in the mindset that I'm not giving EA £40 for likely a half-baked version that I am voting with my wallet.

If they want to support the Switch then do it properly as this could set a bad precedence, if it does well that EA and maybe other 3rd parties can get away with bringing out half-baked version.

What's next Star Wars Battlefront II (even though it be the fourth one) but only 5 maps instead of 25 for instance, same sort goes for Super Bomberman R as I do want the game and I do want us to play something together on Switch online but if we all go and buy it for £50 will others think they also charge that for games.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 23 Jan 2017 - 17:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 17:06

FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 Cartoon-fight-the-power-grunge-homer-simpson-Favim.com-2725663
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 0:32

masofdas wrote:
What's next Star Wars Battlefront II (even though it be the fourth one) but only 5 maps instead of 25 for instance
The current one only has about 5 maps already...

I really couldn't care less about EA, they offer little that interests me and whilst I see the appeal of having Fifa on the Switch for impromptu 2 player, if it's gonna be another half arsed effort (like always) then I don't see the point, it's not as if the Switch isn't capable, Fifa runs like shit and has done for years, I doubt the game is too much for the Switch to handle. I called this the other week "tailor made for the Switch" basically means "all the basics plus a party mode". They did it with the Wii and the Wii U, they're out to make a quick buck because only kids play Nintendo and kids will buy any old shite, screw them, the sooner they quit feigning support the better, then we don't have to deal with their press releases about Nintendo's console not being financially viable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 10:31

Treesmurf doesn't mince his words.

I'm playing FIFA 17 on PS4 and had no issues but I reckon its the Frostbite engine won't run on Switch where the last gen versions don't use that engine.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 21:16

Hypocrite that I am, I loves me FIFA 16 on the PS4, but, although I really hope you're wrong, Smurf, I predict we'll be quoting your post at the front of the article in a year's time.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 1:09

I'd love to be wrong too, I just don't see them making a real effort or even wanting to.

Not played the latest Fifa but many Fifa playing friends tell me it's the worst in a while, most likely down to needing to iron out some kinks to the engine but I can't see them making any real effort to even do that when the sales are still coming in, lazy company that represent everything wrong with the industry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Feb 2017 - 18:49

From Mr Moore

Well, as we have said, we are custom-building a FIFA version for the Nintendo Switch. It will be FIFA 18, and it will obviously be later this year when FIFA 18 comes out.

What you have will be a custom built version for the Nintendo Switch from the FIFA development team in Vancouver.

They said pretty much the same for FIFA 13 on Wii U though
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Feb 2017 - 19:16

The Vancouver team did FIFA 13 on Wii U too. There was good and bad to it, as this old Eurogamer article explains: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-22-theres-good-and-bad-news-about-fifa-13-on-wii-u

Honestly, I don't see things being much different for FIFA 18. But it might still have some merit. Actually, retrospectively thinking, FIFA 13 did some decent stuff with the GamePad, and it still played a good game of football at heart. It's definitely worth a swatch at £2.99 in Argos: http://www.argos.co.uk/product/9128213
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Feb 2017 - 10:09

Eurogamer wrote:
Prior's Wii U team had a little under 14 months to create the game in time for the console's 30th November 2012 launch. It worked on the game alongside the team in charge of the PS3 and Xbox 360 version, which launched last month.

Still certain that this will be a watered down version BUT since they don't have the pressure of getting it out by launch it might be better, though most of that depends how easy it'll be to port the engine to Switch. Hopefully this isn't the only football game coming to the Switch as I'd quite like having a football game on a Nintendo system again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next