Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)

Go down 
+8
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 22:41

A bit old-fashioned, but I'm still going to wait for the reviews to come in. I couldn't really tell from the GamesCom footage whether it's that different from the "normal" versions; as long as the game plays the same, I can take a graphical hit; I don't need to see Troy Deeney in HD to know it's him.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyFri 1 Sep 2017 - 16:44

Drunkalilly wrote:
masofdas wrote:
Who is seriously get this as I'm sort of tempted by the Switch version with more I've seen and I'm not bothered about Ultimate Team or Journey, I was always bothered about paying the same money for less content but if I can get the game for £30 on Switch instead of £50 on PS4 then that's fine.

Switch has ultimate team anyway!

I know it does but at one point it looked like we weren't getting it and I wasn't paying the same price for something with less content.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptySat 16 Sep 2017 - 23:27

You're in luck Mas, well probably not as we do live in Brexit Britain.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/fifa_18_will_cost_less_on_the_nintendo_switch_in_australia
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptySun 17 Sep 2017 - 9:14

I think it is the same price as the others from looking on Amazon etc and it seems to be sold out. I'm not paying £40-50 for FIFA, haven't for a while now and don't plan to even on Switch.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptySun 1 Oct 2017 - 10:23

So I got this on Friday and played a match yesterday morning. I had wanted to record it but failed miserably to do so - I had to stop and start the capture card as EA wanted lots of passworded details from me during the setup... and by the time I'd got through all of those, I forgot to press record again for the actual game. Duh! That's OK, though, because I was woeful. It set me up with the game that my team, Forest, were playing later in the day: at home against Sheffield United. My disorganised self let a goal in in the first ten minutes (much like the real team, actually) but I came back with a lovely equaliser - from Ben Osborn, of all people - just before the break. The second half descended into midfield drudgery punctuated by a handful of poor shots.

Disclaimer: I wasn't drinking. Winky Face Yeah, it seems OK. Some of the pre-game animations textures and animations are a bit scrappy but it plays a fun game of football.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptySun 1 Oct 2017 - 16:46

You can watch me though as I also got the game.

From what I've played which is that match and what I have seen of the PS4 version, it does run well 1080p 60fps but with the graphics of the PS360 versions (not seen these).

On a handheld it does look good but I'm not sure I would on to play like that often as the players just look to small.

Then lack of online multiplayer with friends is huge loss and a few bit's like no Journey, all the new transfer stuff in career mode and some things in ultimate team missing doesn't make up a great package when NBA 2K18 & WWE 2K18 will have all the same content.

Basically feels like a legacy version but as Zero says the game of football feels great though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyMon 2 Oct 2017 - 1:32

Went and picked this up like an eejit. I wasn't going to, but I finished work at midnight and on the way to KFC I noticed the local GAME were opening for midnight launch and, well, it felt like fate . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyTue 3 Oct 2017 - 20:20

I finally got around to firing this bad boy up today. As always when I buy a new game, I wanted my first go to be when I could sit in front of the TV and get properly stuck in with my pro controller, not a rushed handheld bash during a lunch break.

I loaded the game, signed into my EA account and the game remembered my difficulty preference and that I support Tottenham, all from when I owned FIFA 14 or something on XBox, which was pretty cool. I jumped straight in with the play button that was on the home screen: an immediate option to play against Bournemouth, the club's next match in real life. I thought this was a classy touch.

Before the game started, I was given a little minigame keeping some shots out of the goal with Hugo Lloris. When I finished, it brought up a scores table of my friends list and I noticed Cappa was better than me, so I gave it another go and knocked him off.

Then into the game, a crap 0:0 draw wherein I realised that over the course of my many multiplayer sessions on other people's consoles I've never actually really learned to play FIFA. After that, I hopped onto the little training excercises and after doing the basic and bronze levels of those, I went back to the match and actually did well, so that's a good sign.

I also made Dominic Toretto in create-a-player.

Because I spent the day playing this and listening to The Football Huddle, I was in a very footbally mood so I had steak pie and beer for dinner.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyTue 3 Oct 2017 - 21:30

I've played two matches: a 1-1 draw and a 1-0 win (Forest's next game, the East Midlands derby, was won by a Barrie McKay goal in the first half, just beating the keeper to slide the ball in). I really need to beef up my skills in the game, which are a rung or two further up the ladder from 'non-existent'. Drunka's twecommended using the Skills games. I'll do that as soon as I've beaten my crippling Picross addiction.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyTue 3 Oct 2017 - 23:10

I've basically signed all of Man City's U21s on loan for Exeter City to get me to League One.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyTue 3 Oct 2017 - 23:17

Drunkalilly wrote:
I also made Dominic Toretto in create-a-player.

...but apparently this doesn't count for my career mode pro player? Surely there's a way to just bring him across . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 11:56

Nope, well their never has been a way.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 16:31

Maybe I'll make Brian or the Rock instead then.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 17:37

The Rock has to be a CB.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 17:48

I see him as a bullish centre forward. Big battering ram kind of guy. Definitely a team captain. Cool
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 17:51

A forward as a captain madness.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 17:54

Rooney, Shearer, Lineker, Cantona... Tongue

I know it's far from the norm but it's not impossible to have the most inspiring player be a forward. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 18:09

Usually I don't bother with Metro GameCentral, as David Jenkins comes across as a wank, but this review sums up how I feel about FIFA 18 quite nicely:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/02/fifa-18-for-nintendo-switch-review-second-division-6971793/

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 22:16

Oh blimey, I'm really caught in two minds with this. I'm annoyed it's a bit cut down, and could get the PS4 version; but the portability is a big plus (I too am thinking about the time-sink of career mode, and I can also show it to my Dad, so that he can play more FIFA when someone else is watching the telly).
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 22:40

The Switch's portability is the only reason to get this if you've already got a PS4 too. If the Switch was your only choice, then fair enough, it's still a very competent game at it's heart that I can recommend for a kickabout. The gameplay is good - and if that's all that matters to you, sound. But it doesn't feel all that authentic to me. It's a pretty watered down FIFA experience, in my opinion. It's unbelievable that you can't play your mates online - which is a massive part of FIFA, I'm sure you'd agree - and there's lots of other little omissions that you'd probably notice if you're a seasoned FIFA player. In ways, it's a bit of a step back. It's like we've not gone from FIFA 17 to FIFA 18, but rather from FIFA 17 to FIFA 16. Thankfully, it's it's own game though...just not as complete as I'd have hoped for forty-five quid.

Also, since I first booted it up two days ago, it's caused my Switch to freeze twice, and just there it 'unexpectedly closed the software due to an error' (ages after my last save!).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptySat 7 Oct 2017 - 16:16

Got Exeter to League 1 and won the League Trophy in my first season where my goals was mid-table and round of 32 in the FA Cup.

You'd think seeing I've only just got out of League 2 and into League 1, my goal would be to avoid relegation but nope I've got to get them promoted to the Championship right away.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptySun 8 Oct 2017 - 19:24

masofdas wrote:
You'd think seeing I've only just got out of League 2 and into League 1, my goal would be to avoid relegation but nope I've got to get them promoted to the Championship right away.
Yup - I've got exactly that on Fifa 16 with Stevenage...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptySun 8 Oct 2017 - 21:04

Took the Switch with me to a family outing and let my brother Tim play a bit of FIFA 18. He had the indecency to win 5-0 a game I'd only won 1-0 a few days earlier. I've played three full matches now and only managed one goal in each. I guess some of us have got it, and some of us haven't. Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyThu 12 Oct 2017 - 12:50

Jimbob wrote:
masofdas wrote:
Yup - I've got exactly that on Fifa 16 with Stevenage...

Did get them promoted to the Championship where I was tasked to finish mid-table and given less money then the season before in League 1.

I got offered both the Club Brugge and Gent job during the season, which I took the Club Brugge job as they had slightly more money and where higher in the table making it easier to qualify for Europe.

A real steeping stone sort of club before I hopefully get one of the top jobs and win the Champions League which is the end game to me and why I don't start with Man City ever as I can win it in the first season.

Also managing Wales Sad
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 8:55

Slowly getting to grips with things here - I have now scored twice in a couple of games! Dance Cool Very Happy I switched the language to French and made up a tournament for the French ladies team, hoping that there might be French commentary in there. No. However, it's far easier to play with a quality team that are set out to attack (the French team play 4-5-1 but most of the midfielders are happy to run beyond the forward to join the attack. Forest's midfield contain only and struggle to support our lone forward). I even managed to take my new '''skills''' (there aren't enough inverted commas in the world) and win a game with Forest 2-1, where we'd gone down to ten men before any goals were scored! Cool

Anyone else still playing? I may not do much more with this for a few weeks... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)   FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

FIFA Switch (It's Coming Home)
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next