We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 10:42

Yeah, if you quit it loads you at the start of the room I believe, so it's really easy to jump in and out of. I've done it when I mashed through the mystery 3rd floor guests boons and accidently accepted the first one (which is useless if you have full death defiance)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 10:56

I need to go back to it especially at this time when I'm basically playing backlog till PS5.

Tomorrow on my day off maybe.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 12:19

How far have you managed to get Mas? Got past the first boss yet?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 13:05

Yeah I beat what I would say is the first boss
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 20:56

I tend to play Hades in small bursts, but this is the norm for me with rogue-lite games as I just like having a game you can always jump on and play at any time.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 18:36

Played the 10mins demo of the Cloud Control Version and I'm very impressed from it.

As Control didn't run well on consoles natively but of course the demo doesn't go far enough to where you'd have lots of enemies etc on screen to drop FPS
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2020 - 20:27

Buy/Play Hades. It is very good. Not much more that needs to be said really.

Balladeer wrote:
I have also started playing Just Shapes & Beats.  It's a bullet hell rhythm game and I'm no good at bullet hell and hoped there'd be more rhythm game than bullet hell and DEAR GOD THERE IS A LOT OF BULLET HELL

Hug the bottom of the screen, they can't get me there... No

I did mention it was, I do think it's easy to get used to though and once you get in to it it doesn't feel like there's that much in the way of bullets.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2020 - 15:30

No More Heroes.

I like the original on Wii which I beat a few times, but it's nice playing the game handheld with buttons and with a much smoother frame rate. It is a pretty barebones port and it's not perfect technically, but I can't complain too much when they also ported NMH2 (bumping it up to 60fps) and I can't imagine they had a big budget especially considering they're also developing NMH3. It's still pretty polished.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2020 - 0:18

I'm really tempted by No More Heroes but I'm already struggling with a backlog.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2020 - 20:44

Treesmurf wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
I have also started playing Just Shapes & Beats.  It's a bullet hell rhythm game and I'm no good at bullet hell and hoped there'd be more rhythm game than bullet hell and DEAR GOD THERE IS A LOT OF BULLET HELL

Hug the bottom of the screen, they can't get me there... No

I did mention it was, I do think it's easy to get used to though and once you get in to it it doesn't feel like there's that much in the way of bullets.

I've got a bad habit of ignoring seemingly obvious qualms when it comes to buying some games it seems, especially eShop games. Oh well. I switched to Casual Mode for the first boss because sod doing all that again without a checkpoint. I like what they did afterwards though.

Creaks is another one where if I'd paid more attention to the genre I might not actually have picked it up. My brain presumably went 'platformer, from the chaps behind a game I liked, good reviews - well, good review'. It's more of a stealth/puzzle game than a platformer, and while not bad it feels a bit 'generically indie creepy' thus far.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyThu 5 Nov 2020 - 18:16

Oh absolutely use casual mode if it helps, the fun in the game isn't down to the challenge for me, it's more the spectacle of it all.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2020 - 16:47

I've not been playing much, but I went to see my family on Monday for a couple of days (given that we've not seen anyone outside for weeks I reckoned we were okay Shifty ) and my sister had a great time working through my eShop library!  She played:
  • A Short Hike and loved it. It's like a chill BotW crossed with Animal Crossing, which is basically ideal for her. She is playing BotW but likes good writing and doesn't like puzzles.
  • Machinarium, and she liked the design anyway. Not sure she has much patience with the point-and-click genre's oddities, and as mentioned above she doesn't like puzzles much.
  • What The Golf?, and... I'm not sure about this one. She found the par challenges frustrating (her and everyone else), but got a fair amount out of it once she realised that she didn't have to do them to progress.

Then we played UGG in two-player mode, and although it is much weaker on a replay she was falling about. Genuinely heart-warming to see. Oh, and the whole family gathered around for some games of Mario Kart. They even beat me a few times! After I'd given myself enough handicaps.

In summary: being able to take the Switch around freely to other people's households again can't come soon enough. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptySat 14 Nov 2020 - 8:47

Nice! I remember being that guy with my Switch at many occassions. Here, pretty much everyone I ever spend time with has their own Switch . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptySat 14 Nov 2020 - 14:53

Balladeer wrote:

In summary: being able to take the Switch around freely to other people's households again can't come soon enough. Aww!

Not the Switch but I've not seen EofGiz for a while and next week when I'm on holiday was planning to go up with my PS5 but now that's not a thing, so hopefully can do things like that again soon.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 17 Nov 2020 - 0:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2020 - 21:03

It's especially galling considering the Switch has so many top local multiplayer games and that's just not a thing right now.

Buskalilly wrote:
Nice! I remember being that guy with my Switch at many occassions. Here, pretty much everyone I ever spend time with has their own Switch . . .

That must be good too though, right? Get a bit more of a game out of them. I literally have to remind my parents of the buttons for Mario Kart every time they see me... Also I'm guessing with things a bit more relaxed for you, local play's still a possibility?
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptySun 13 Dec 2020 - 14:41

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Sword of Light

I'm enjoying it. It's nice to be playing an official translation of the game. There's a simple charm of this game that I like, and it retains a lot of what makes later titles good.

The disappointing thing is that the new features they added don't go far enough, or weren't that well considered. Doubling the speed of enemy turns is welcome, even if it does speed up the music. They could take way too long. But the only other toggle is doubling the speed of the whole game. That's everything, including the music and menu navigation. So it's not exactly ideal.

That really is the biggest issue for me - the game is just a bit too slow and the solution for it isn't very good. I can double the speed of everything if I mute the music but I don't want to do that (even if it is the same music on nearly every map).

I think it was found that the game is actually using an emulator that was used on the Wii U, and that would explain the dark filter it has. Not really a issue for me as I didn't even notice it until someone pointed it out, but it seems as if this localisation was made for Wii U and was just shelved. What a way to celebrate the 30th anniversary of one of the more relevant Nintendo IPs.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 2:55

Balladeer wrote:
That must be good too though, right?  Get a bit more of a game out of them.  I literally have to remind my parents of the buttons for Mario Kart every time they see me...  Also I'm guessing with things a bit more relaxed for you, local play's still a possibility?

Oh yeah, it's great. We've had some cracking sessions with Smash, Mario Kart, Monster Hunter and Pokemon with a whole bunch of us, and smaller multiplayer moments with Matt, Matty and Rob are pretty common. Also, because most of the folks I spend time with are the guys from my office, and we never closed for even a day even when Japan was at its most locked down, I've basically never had to stop. We always figured if we can sit in a meeting for an hour, we can sit and play games for an hour, right?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 21:52

Sounds legit. Of course, if you were still here you'd be instantly destroyed for meeting in a way that doesn't directly help the economy.

Kriken wrote:
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Sword of Light

I think it was found that the game is actually using an emulator that was used on the Wii U, and that would explain the dark filter it has. Not really a issue for me as I didn't even notice it until someone pointed it out, but it seems as if this localisation was made for Wii U and was just shelved. What a way to celebrate the 30th anniversary of one of the more relevant Nintendo IPs.

I'm shocked, shocked I say, to read that Nintendo's been quite lazy with a rerelease of an old game. Shocked I tell you.

I've been playing a mixture of things. Tokyo Mirage, Just Shapes & Beats, Raji, those two meh platformers... It's definitely a period between big games for me (even though the next big title I'll actually get has already been released), but there's just so much to play in so little time!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 2:23

Balladeer wrote:
Sounds legit.  Of course, if you were still here you'd be instantly destroyed for meeting in a way that doesn't directly help the economy.

Yeah, Japan hasn't needed to be so strict because people aren't cunts.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2020 - 19:23

Sam & Max is a properly good point-and-click adventure isn't it? Really good funny stuff, and not as overthought and convoluted as many in the genre can feel. I'm very much enjoying bashing through it with The Lady.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2020 - 20:05

Been playing Hades all the way through to my tenth successful run, it's such an excellent game and I'm at the point now where I wanna read up as much on it as I possibly can just to appreciate it even more.

With the credits rolling on that though its given me the chance to return to Age of Calamity properly, there's not many more impressions that I can share really, I would say I'm finding the characters a lot more likeable than before thanks to the extended stories.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptySat 19 Dec 2020 - 8:19

I'm digging Age of Calamity, but been too busy and tired for much gaming lately. I want to finish a few things though, and then Hades is very high on my list, along with a couple of other Indie darlings I want to check out before I listen to the TCGS GOTY show.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptySat 26 Dec 2020 - 7:08

I've finally started FE three houses and I can already tell I'm going to fall in love with this game! I've gone for the Waifu house first but i plan to do runs as the other houses anyway!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptySat 26 Dec 2020 - 7:54

Oh, every house if full of waifus, trust me.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 EmptySat 26 Dec 2020 - 16:59

Buskalilly wrote:
Oh, every house if full of waifus, trust me.

This is quickly becoming apparent 😂
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next