We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyFri 16 Oct 2020 - 22:22

Buskalilly wrote:
In the earlier games, they would actively approach you to ask you to do things. They would develop hobbies, which they would actually do, and these would change over time and might spread through the village between other characters. They had very distinct personalities; the mean ones wouldn't like you until you spent a lot of time earning it, like with Mabel at the tailors.

And, yeah, sometimes they would do frustrating things you didn't want them to which made them more real.

Oh huh, I guess I never played for long enough to get to the hobby-developing. As for them approaching you, you still get treasure hunts - but I agree, not so much.

Rum wrote:
I bet you just used a fancy word there to make up for the fact that what I said wasn't *actually* wrong Razz

No, I just do that anyway.

...maybe? I'm doubting myself now. 'Look I am clever after all'? Maybe. 'Elision' isn't that fancy, is it? Pale
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020 - 9:44

I literally never heard elision until you made that post and I've been a full time English teacher for more than two years and have written for newspapers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyMon 19 Oct 2020 - 19:01

Welp.

I'm back to Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. For all that it had a technically shonky start on Switch, and goodness knows it isn't the smoothest game even now, it's crashed less than Ni No Kuni and has shorter loading times than New Super Lucky's Tale (which I'm leaving to one side for a while because its puzzles are rubbish). It's not revolutionary, but it's good fun. Does make me sad that I've never played a proper 'Vania though.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2020 - 10:09

Finished my first run on Hades and it's probably gonna go down as my favourite Switch game of the year, still plenty more to do it and I'm not sure if it can even be classed as beaten as it seems like there's a lot more story to be had after only 12 runs, not to mention the added difficulty options it unlocks. Brilliant game that I won't be done with any time soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2020 - 10:13

I got the credits after escape attempt #53, though I still think there's a lot more I can do. I've not really invested enough time/nectar into the relationships as I've been desperate to cash the nectar in for diamonds. Almost got the upgrades there though so I think I'll be maxing those out for the forseeable future.

As for Bloodstained that ran pretty poorly on the X1 so can't say I'm surprised it's chugging on the switch. A game that could be good, let down by an unecessary, bad and random (even for key moves required to progress the game) loot system.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2020 - 10:28

Is it based on successful runs when you get the credits or something else? I'm gonna try to do it with all the weapons as a starting point anyway and go from there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2020 - 11:07

Is 12 runs 12 escape attempts or what? As I'm sure I had more goes than that and only got to the lava section.

Also this might be a me thing but feel got to start to the end in one go, not sure how that long is. Yeah I know can just save and comeback in.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2020 - 11:35

Yeah it's the following number of successful runs:
THE NUMBER:

It's a weird one, normally I'd agree with you Mas, but normally I get so excited about what weapon/boon combos come next that I end up quitting at the end of the first area Laughing
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2020 - 12:38

I've had a successful run with each weapon now, and am currently trying some of the higher heat levels to spice things up a bit. It's an outstanding game, it really is.

I'm pretty close to the credits now but like Andy I haven't made all that much progress on the character relationship arcs. I've been focusing on a few characters and I'm looking forward to where it takes me.

I was on a 5 or so run win streak before I got bopped by the last boss DAMN YOU!

The added heat levels and the weapon upgrades are just adding a whole new dimension to the game though. I'm not playing it with the same addiction that I had a few weeks ago but I know it's something I'll be dipping into every now and then for the foreseeable future!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2020 - 13:01

I was really devoted to one character but I hit his lock and didn't realise what I needed to do to progress. It was pretty gutting...
Choice of Best Pal and why I was blocked:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2020 - 16:02

What's a successful run, considered? As if it's 53 goes to get that number of runs then not sure if got the patiences.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2020 - 16:05

Finishing it Laughing not getting killed by an enemy...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2020 - 19:54

Hades thread has to be a thing, surely? (looks at sad underpopulated thread for What The Golf?, ponders what might have been)

Crumpy Andy wrote:
As for Bloodstained that ran pretty poorly on the X1 so can't say I'm surprised it's chugging on the switch. A game that could be good, let down by an unecessary, bad and random (even for key moves required to progress the game) loot system.

I've not at all found the loot system problematic so far, but - really, do you need a random drop to complete the main quest? Aww! Hope it's common... Besides the technical side I really don't have anything to complain about. It's been unspectacular but good.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2020 - 9:28

Yeah, one of the shards is needed to move through water I believe. I hit the fake end as I didn't acquire it meaning there were large portions of the map I couldn't explore. Ended up grinding some random figh enemies I think until it dropped. Irritating.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptySat 24 Oct 2020 - 20:45

Played it on Stadia but the Immortals Fenix Rising Demo (also played the Pac Man Battle Royal which is good) which is a demo only Stadia of a little island and guess going to be a exclusive quest.

Anyway the game is coming to everything pretty much including Switch and what I played was very fun and might be worth having on your radar.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptySun 25 Oct 2020 - 9:03

Can't be arsed with Ubisoft at the minute personally and I don't think I'll be alone in that. It looks alright but I'm happy to play BotW again.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptySun 25 Oct 2020 - 9:40

It's sort of similar to BotW from the hour demo I played due to art style and climbing

So is Genshin Impact, I believe is coming to Switch at some point which again looks similar but hear because of the more RPGness of it is a tad different.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 25 Oct 2020 - 14:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptySun 25 Oct 2020 - 12:54

Picked Fire Emblem Warriors in anticipation of Age of Calamity, hope I enjoy it. Had been meaning to give it a go for a while.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020 - 19:52

Treesmurf wrote:
Can't be arsed with Ubisoft at the minute personally and I don't think I'll be alone in that. It looks alright but I'm happy to play BotW again.

This. UbiSoft have fostered a culture where sexual assault is commonplace and their CEO refuses to step down over it, or fire anybody. Don't Play UbiSoft Games.

Creaks was on sale yesterday so I bought that. I enjoyed Machinarium from the same people.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020 - 21:45

Balla wrote:
Don't Play UbiSoft Games.

Shifty
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020 - 22:02

Those eyes are about R6S right?  I presume you don't have to pay them for that though.  Don't Buy UbiSoft Games Or Content First-Hand, maybe.

(I'm not expecting people who actually like their games a whole lot to stick to this, it's just... sexual assault is where I draw a very thick line in the sand.)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020 - 22:32

Aye it was about R6 siege & I'm with you on how rotten their company is right now in terms of how they treat staff.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020 - 22:46

I have also started playing Just Shapes & Beats. It's a bullet hell rhythm game and I'm no good at bullet hell and hoped there'd be more rhythm game than bullet hell and DEAR GOD THERE IS A LOT OF BULLET HELL

Hug the bottom of the screen, they can't get me there... No
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 2:10

I've got so many games I'm trying to play - Mario, Pokémon, Monster Hunter, co-op sessions of Hyrule Warriors and started-but-never-finished playthroughs of Bioshock and Dark Souls . . . but I really fancy Hades.

It's totally singleplayer, right? I guess it's nice to know it's available for some future dry spell.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 10:25

Hades is completely single player and is also one of those games that you can sink hours into, or play in bursts. A complete run takes about 40 minutes, maybe 60 if you take your time. You can also save and exit during a run I think, although I have never done so.

Definitely worth picking up now and getting stuck into if you have the time. It was all I played for a few weeks and I'm still dropping in every now and then.

I've still not reached the credits yet but needless to say I think it's a special game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next