We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyWed 26 Dec 2018 - 0:37

Yeah that can still happen when playing on a TV as well, my first impression was that the particle effects were a bit over the top but my eyes have adjusted to them now and I don't lose my fighter as often in those chaotic moments
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyWed 26 Dec 2018 - 10:05

Like heck I'm looking up from the game every spirit to enter a term into a search engine (and like heck I'm using Bing anyway). Sorry, not a fan of how they've done that. I am a fan of the spirit battles where I do understand what they've done, though (Reyn just taunting all the time Laughing ).

It seems a bit... directionless, does WoL, once you get off the initial three-way platform. Have people been following any tricks in particular?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyWed 26 Dec 2018 - 13:28

As in tricks for traversing the world? I would mop up each area I visited as each fighter tended to have a little area built around them which made it somewhat easier to split up the overall world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyWed 26 Dec 2018 - 16:44

Something like that.  Sounds like there's nothing concrete.

I've unlocked Inkling in WoL and she's my only new character in the mode, although I've got all the new non-Echoes now more generally; so I'm trying to main her where possible.  Donkey Kong comes in handy for some levels, though (Pauline DAMN YOU! ).

Never mind WoL, though - Spirits Board is infuriatingly addictive.  I've still not beaten a legend, although I've come close a couple of times.

EDIT: Oh, and while I'm still not happy with Ryu's inclusion, his Classic mode is a belter! Laughing Just a bit sad about the final challenge: I felt it should have been a giant purple Ryu, to symbolise Akuma.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyThu 27 Dec 2018 - 9:43

It does tell you which series the spirit is from in the library that's good enough.

I started WoL last night, seems okay. I've not done any boss fights yet, well I don't think I have.

As I'm guessing those are the evil looking swirls on the map, which I only have one which is behind a door.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyThu 27 Dec 2018 - 21:45

Baubleadeer wrote:

EDIT: Oh, and while I'm still not happy with Ryu's inclusion, his Classic mode is a belter! Laughing Just a bit sad about the final challenge: I felt it should have been a giant purple Ryu, to symbolise Akuma.

Look at this once you're a good way into WoL - you'll know what bit I'm on about when you get to it:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyThu 27 Dec 2018 - 22:24

I see what you mean about its length though. I've been playing for hours and hours, and I have maybe 15 characters? And it's still bloody misty around the world.

Also: about the four-star battles. My 'favourites' thus far are Pauline and Boss. I'm getting fairly good at finding cheese strategies though! Dr. Wiley: Franklin Badge and Final Cutter for dayz.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyThu 27 Dec 2018 - 22:48

Aye, it took me a while to realise you aren't meant to be doing every single spirit stage (not on a first play through anyway) as there are multiple paths to your objective.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyThu 27 Dec 2018 - 23:44

...I did them all on a single playthrough, and on Hard mode too, but I hate myself so that might explain why I did that. I really wish I had some of the later Spirits for some of the earlier battles as I might have avoided tearing half my hair out that way.

Balla: I loved The Boss battle! Incredibly tense, much like its source battle.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyFri 28 Dec 2018 - 3:30

I didn't receive this for Christmas*, so I bought it with my own moolah. May I now be your friend and play online with you please. (Except maybe not because I'm not very good.)

*(I did receive Octopath Traveller for Christmas though, which I also asked for, and which I think means I can be double best friends with Balla and Jay now?)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyFri 28 Dec 2018 - 9:04

If there's one game I'd love to play online, it's this. (Mostly because I want those squares on the achievements board. Embarrassed ) Might even have some time to do so next week!

Rum you were already our double friend. Grin But yes, if you can slog through to the Bonus Boss you might be our triple best-friend!

The_Jaster wrote:
Aye, it took me a while to realise you aren't meant to be doing every single spirit stage (not on a first play through anyway) as there are multiple paths to your objective.

JayMoyles wrote:
...I did them all on a single playthrough, and on Hard mode too, but I hate myself so that might explain why I did that. I really wish I had some of the later Spirits for some of the earlier battles as I might have avoided tearing half my hair out that way.

...I mean I'm doing Normal like a non-nutter, but I have been slogging through each one as it comes. That means copious amounts of swearing.

JayMoyles wrote:
Balla: I loved The Boss battle! Incredibly tense, much like its source battle.

I think it would've been tense if it allowed hit-and-run tactics, but the time limit and the bull**** increased defence mechanic meant that wasn't possible. So I just threw her off the edge as Villager and dropped bowling balls on her. Very Happy Still took quite a few goes!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyFri 28 Dec 2018 - 10:14

I think I got a bit of luck with that battle on the end bit I recall doing by using Donkey Kong's headbutt over the edge to knock her down. The only other one I've done is M.Bison who again I had to knock off the edge but came close a few times without using cheap tricks.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyFri 28 Dec 2018 - 20:48

Rum Rapture wrote:
I didn't receive this for Christmas*, so I bought it with my own moolah. May I now be your friend and play online with you please. (Except maybe not because I'm not very good.)

Baubleadeer wrote:
If there's one game I'd love to play online, it's this.  (Mostly because I want those squares on the achievements board. Embarrassed )  Might even have some time to do so next week!  

I'm nearly always down for some online on this! As for those challenge squares Balla - I unlocked the achievements for playing in friend lobbies online and used hammers on the rest. That does involve you clearing all but 2 of the other challenges legitimately, though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptySat 29 Dec 2018 - 8:54

Treesmurf wrote:
I think I got a bit of luck with that battle on the end bit I recall doing by using Donkey Kong's headbutt over the edge to knock her down. The only other one I've done is M.Bison who again I had to knock off the edge but came close a few times without using cheap tricks.

I think I managed to do M. Bison normally! Shocked

I have a new favourite Legend: Ness' dad. So clever. I mean I lost, badly; and it's on the Spirit Board so I don't know when it'll pop up again (which is a little annoying); but so clever.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptySat 29 Dec 2018 - 20:41

I think I bought that one or unlocked it through a summon as I definitely don't remember fighting it. Mind sharing what the battle looks like?

Also, remember you can use board items to rematch Spirits which kicked your arse or to shuffle the deck. And don't forget to use the battle items - starting the Legend class spirits with 50% damage is a godsend in some fights.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptySun 30 Dec 2018 - 11:42

I literally only remembered the Spirit Board was a thing yesterday, are they all the same spirits you'll encounter in the adventure mode and are ones you buy stages you can't then play later on?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptySun 30 Dec 2018 - 13:50

I done a few Spirit board matches but if I'm honest I don't see the point in earning these spirits outside the adventure mode, also I think it's a shame that the battle items aren't usable in adventure mode as well.

EDIT: This was a fun wee video.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptySun 30 Dec 2018 - 21:50

The Spirit Board is more for completion's sake then anything else, but it is pretty cool seeing some of the other Spirit Battles that you don't encounter in WoL. There was a pretty nasty encounter with Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos represented by three Lucases, each using a different PK move. Tough stuff.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyMon 31 Dec 2018 - 10:22

That's a bloody clever one, there. Thumbs Up!

JayMoyles wrote:
I think I bought that one or unlocked it through a summon as I definitely don't remember fighting it. Mind sharing what the battle looks like?

Also, remember you can use board items to rematch Spirits which kicked your arse or to shuffle the deck. And don't forget to use the battle items - starting the Legend class spirits with 50% damage is a godsend in some fights.

Duh! I'd completely forgotten about all of those things.

Ness' dad:

Odd criticism: I feel like handing you out a character at the end of each WoL session devalues them a bit. I can't help thinking that either they should be all available from the start, or actually take some time/skill to unlock. The 'play WoL for a bit, get a character' mechanics makes me think, 'What was the point?'

I actually really like the rate at which the characters are given out in WoL. A good length of time to try out one character, and get used to them, before going onto the next one. I'm definitely a better Belmont fighter than I was as a result!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyMon 31 Dec 2018 - 15:26

At least unlocking characters elsewhere doesn't add them to your roster for WoL as that'd be a lot worse.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyMon 31 Dec 2018 - 16:09

Balladeer wrote:
The 'play WoL for a bit, get a character' mechanics makes me think, 'What was the point?'

I think the point was that Sakurai felt it's fun to see that "challenger approaching" screen. He's not wrong, too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyMon 31 Dec 2018 - 16:17

Suspect I suppose, but it feels a bit empty without having had to put in at least a little work to achieve it.

Just got through the Power Plant section of WoL. I think it's my favourite dungeon yet! Also the more I play, the more I agree with Jay's assessment of the heavy characters being some of the better ones.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyMon 31 Dec 2018 - 16:19

Have you unlocked K.Rool yet? He breaks WoL wide open once you get him.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyMon 31 Dec 2018 - 16:22

Nah, I'm a Bowser/Donkey Kong man at the moment. WoL is start to break a little bit already, with the Ace battles getting decidedly easier now that I've got some higher level Spirits myself and have a lot of the skill tree opened up; and I won my last Legend battle first time! (Geno: again, I really liked the way it was put together.) With Bowser, natch. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 EmptyMon 31 Dec 2018 - 16:24

How is doing a bunch of the fights and then taking on a character in WoL to unlock them any different to playing a bunch of fights in classic and then taking on a character to unlock them?

I like that you have to unlock them as that was a big issue for me with likes of Tekken Tag on WiiU as it has no story mode and everyone is unlocked, that even if it played well I didn't get much out of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 17 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next