We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
Jimbob
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyFri 17 Dec 2021 - 22:12

Also maybe something for GBA Four Swords?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptySat 18 Dec 2021 - 11:24

Track 4's OoT Hyrule Field Buska! This is what you're looking for. It's alright. This is the only piece I remember from Minish Cap, and fair to say it's a belter. The way it tricks you with pretending it's going to be the bloody main theme again, then unfolds into something different and truly adventurous... gorgeous.

Again, I only remember one piece from FSA: this creepy bastard. Very nice 'something's not right' energy. The main theme is hindered for me by over-exposure.

You've got the main belters from Wind Waker at places 1&2, I'd have had them the other way around but no complaints there. (Sealed Hyrule Castle is I think a big 'you have to be playing it' pick. The pirates' theme is big and bombastic and fun but not in my top five.) This would be my final pick for my top five, I think. Just beautiful, one of the best credits musics I've heard.

Of course, TP has some grand tunes as well - but I'm guessing that, like for me, that's more of a Wii piece for you.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptySat 18 Dec 2021 - 13:36

Balladeer wrote:
Track 4's OoT Hyrule Field Buska!  This is what you're looking for.

Cheers! Fixed it.

Quote :
 This is the only piece I remember from Minish Cap, and fair to say it's a belter.
That is a belter, so I'll be honest and admit that when I reviewed the OST for that post, I didn't listen long enough to get to the turn. Duh!

Quote :
Again, I only remember one piece from FSA: this creepy bastard.  
Oooh, I remember that level and yeah, good pick.

Quote :
 (Sealed Hyrule Castle is I think a big 'you have to be playing it' pick.    This would be my final pick for my top five, I think.  Just beautiful, one of the best credits musics I've heard.  
I went for the Castle because I wanted something a little different from the other two.
Those end credits are gorgeous but it does feel a little like cheating to use, essentially, a compilation.

Quote :
Of course, TP has some grand tunes as well - but I'm guessing that, like for me, that's more of a Wii piece for you.
Pretty much, aye.
masofdas wrote:
*pirate thing*
The Balls Man wrote:
The pirates' theme is big and bombastic and fun but not in my top five.
It's an earworm and does bring back memories of the game. It came close to the list, I think it was even a draft of the post.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptySat 18 Dec 2021 - 13:41

I just wanted to highlight Navi Tracker, basically I'm weird game guy. Shame Zelda BS has same tracks as could have used for NES/SNES weeks.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 18 Dec 2021 - 23:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptySat 18 Dec 2021 - 19:37

While cooking just now I found myself singing to myself an unholy hybrid of the pirates' theme and one of the top ones for the following generation. Maybe it should've been in my list after all!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptySat 18 Dec 2021 - 22:45

masofdas wrote:
I just wanted to highlight Navi Tracker, basically I'm weird game gut.

Between that and the CDi games, I noticed Laughing We did try to play a little of the Navi game but it was a ballache trying to translate for me and Matty in real time.
Balladeer wrote:
While cooking just now I found myself singing to myself an unholy hybrid of the pirates' theme and one of the top ones for the following generation.  Maybe it should've been in my list after all!
Yasssss!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyWed 22 Dec 2021 - 0:02

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 Shigeru_Miyamoto_at_E3

The Nintendo DS was the first games console I bought for myself with my own money, saved up from a paper round, birthdays and so on. The Nintendo Wii was the first home console I bought for myself, this time with money from the job I just started at a supermarket.

Twilight Princess was the first Zelda game I followed, from initial E3 reveal right up until launch, buying it and playing it and loving it on Day one. Skyward Sword was the game so beautiful I used it as the basis for my Zelda tattoo. I basically think the elements of these two games add up to the perfect Zelda game; Skyward Sword's ingenuity, character, aeshtetic and kineticism really speak to me, while Twilight Princess' epic sense of adventure, dramatic stakes and meticulously crafted dungeons are undeniably competent.

And they both had banging tunes

5: The Sky Skyward Sword - Wii Hajime Wakai, Shiho Fujii, Mahito Yokota, Takeshi Hama
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 198085
People complain that Skyward Sword's skies weren't as open and exploratory as other Zelda overworlds, but the beauty of the clouds and the feeling of dancing and freewheeling through the air was enough for me - magical stuff. Here's hoping BotW2 can give me some of that feeling while also applying it to a properly big world I can explore.

4: Hyrule Field Twilight Princess - Wii Toru Minegishi, Asuka Ohta
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 Hyrulefield
Call it Nostalgia, or blame it on it being my first proper one, but to me this is the quintessential Hyrule Field theme. Grand and adventurous, but also exciting and with little hints of Twilight Princess' great action theme. It encourages adventure and exploration while simultaneously reminding you there's a world to save.

3: Groose's Theme Skyward Sword - Wii Hajime Wakai, Shiho Fujii, Mahito Yokota, Takeshi Hama
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 059
While Skyward Sword rarely felt like as epic an adventure, it more than made up for it with characters and lighter touches. Groose and pals, the best Link and Zelda, various ridiculous minigame purveyors and shopkeepers, some weird vampire. . .
And at the end of it all: Heroic Groose!

2: Midna's Theme Twilight Princess - Wii Toru Minegishi, Asuka Ohta
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 Tponemore-linkmidna-620x
Whether you want mischeivous charm, genuine pathos or just usefulness without being annoying, there's a strong argument to make for Midna being the high point of the series' companion characters. She's absolutely delightful, and her tune is fittingly stupendous.

1: Ballad of the Goddess Skyward Sword - Wii Hajime Wakai, Shiho Fujii, Mahito Yokota, Takeshi Hama
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 Ac327424a184f0401e299a038042a555
Beautiful.

Buska Bonus:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyWed 22 Dec 2021 - 10:13

Ahh DS and Wii era, where I could be boring and do PH or ST but no I give ya these:

Link's Crossbow Training, Wii

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition, DSiware

Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, DS

Tingle's Balloon Fight, DS

Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love, DS

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyWed 22 Dec 2021 - 17:03

Hoo boy.  This is the generation where I really became a Zelda-head.  Before this my relationship was tangled.  Afterwards, it was clear: buy every mainline Zelda title.

I'll start with Mas'.  We have:
- TP music but more whimsical, not bad;
- The main theme, but I like this variant!  Pretty rocking;
- Now things start getting odd.  This music is good in that it perfectly embodies Tingle, and would have driven me mad if I'd actually played the game;
- This one would be pretty good if it went somewhere.  As it is, the loop's too short for it to be memorable;
- And more 'yep this is Tingle' music.
Funnily enough I've enjoyed none of those in situ.

I've enjoyed all of Buska's picks in situ.  Frankly that's very close to what my top five would be.  The Sky's the only one I wouldn't have thought about.  It's pretty good, but it feels a little bit discount Mario Galaxy - which still isn't bad, and which I think sums up Skyloft's sky as a whole!  Otherwise we've got four absolute belters, and frankly that might be my five-four-three-two in almost the same order.  (It was Groose's theme I was mashing up with the pirates' music while cooking the other day.)  I might have suggested Rutela's Theme, but again, it's too short a loop to topple Hyrule Field. My number one though?

Yep, this is my track of the generation, and basically the only thing I really remember about Spirit Tracks.  What a piece though!  Perfectly suited to its situation too: ST's overworld may be literally on rails, but this channels all the exploratory energy of one of Zelda's finest fields, while marrying it with a more upbeat tempo and a sense of progression that perfectly matches the feeling of the chuffing train.  Mediocre Zelda game, mostly forgettable soundtrack - tremendous piece.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyWed 22 Dec 2021 - 21:37

I will point out the Tingle Theme from Rupeeland is also called melancholy of a 35 year old man.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu 23 Dec 2021 - 16:01

I mostly agree with Balla about Mas' picks. That Anniversary one in particular is a belter and is getting added to the Gym List.

I really dig that Spirit Tracks piece. I have a copy of the game but Ive never gotten past the opening. Maybe I just found my motivation . . .

masofdas wrote:
I will point out the Tingle Theme from Rupeeland is also called melancholy of a 35 year old man.

Stupendous.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu 23 Dec 2021 - 16:02

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 The-legend-of-zelda-hd.large

The Wii U was a weird time. I was super on board with Nintendo, making IRL friends and getting stuck into this forum, right as they were at one of their lowest ebbs.
We didn't get so much in the way of Zelda - just remakes and side projects - until right at the end. But oh boy did we get it.

5: The Lost Woods Nintendoland - Wii U Ryo Nagamatsu
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 02
Battling knitted stuffed toy versions of various Zelda enemies in a home-made Zelda outfit is such a fun little experience. Combined with these delightful renditions of music tracks, an absolute joy. Going for this one just to mix it up and not have three covers of the main theme in one post!

4: Milk Bar - Zelda's Lullaby A Link Between Worlds - 3DS Ryo Nagamatsu
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 Milk_Bar_Owner
Any of the Milk Bar tracks could be a worthy inclusion. I'm going for this one because I can't beilieve I haven't included a version of Zelda's Lullaby yet. Lovely.

3: Hyrule Field Hyrule Warriors - Wii Masato Koike, Yuki Matsumura
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 CI16_WiiU_HyruleWarriors_LinkFightingEnemies_image950w
I know it's not to everyone's taste, and I know Balla is sick of covers of the main theme, but this metal lick was so amusing to me the first time I heard it, and captures the feeling of wasting thousands of enemies with the master sword perfectly.

2: Hyrule Circuit Mario Kart 8 - Wii U Shiho Fujii, Atsuko Asahi, Ryo Nagamatsu, Yasuaki Iwata
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 Mario-kart-8-dlc-1-36
And then there's the way Mario Kart does it. Such a joyful celebration! Top stuff.

1: Main Theme Breath of the Wild - Wii U Manaka Kataoka, Yasuaki Iwata, Hajime Wakai
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 WiiU_Zelda_scrn02_E3
My biggest Zelda memories from this period? Waiting for this game! Those trailers! That music! I know the Balls Man will complain that you don't hear this main theme enough in the game, but for me that just makes it more special. Never have I been so hyped, and never has it paid off so completely.

Buska Bonus:

Damn, y'all remember how exciting this was? Ha ha, ha ha, yeaaaah.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyThu 23 Dec 2021 - 21:46

In contrast to last gen., my list is going to be complete different from Buska's.  With that in mind, I'll do a track-by-track breakdown:
- The Lost Woods is a top track in isolation.  This is an interesting arrangement, suiting a fluffy facsimile but not as good as the original standalone I reckon.
- The Milk Bar tracks are lovely.  The main reason I won't be including any is I didn't actually spend much time in there in-game.  This is a nice version though.
- This is a good variant of the main theme, but a variant of the same game has a better one!  
- This, on the other hand, falls into the 'same thing I've heard too many times' trap.  I don't actually think it's even that good a mix of it: it's decent, but the previous one's much better for my money.  Instead the best bit is when it starts to change into something else.
- Nah, this is magical and you showed me that it actually does appear in game.  Just... again, not enough for me to pick it.  That's if I were picking any BotW tracks, which I'm not.  It's a Switch game for me.

With that, a completely separate top five, all on 3DS.  I won't include Smash and Mario Kart personally, which means this banging remix of Gerudo Valley doesn't get a look in.

5. Linkle, Hyrule Warriors Legends

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2Fq7vYk3hPHBg%2Fmaxresdefault

I barely played Hyrule Warriors.  I never played its 3DS extension.  Yet, I have combed through its soundtrack on YouTube, searching for background music for writing and other things.  This is an excellent remix of the main theme, mostly because it actually does something different!  Shifting into a major key changes the tone of the entire affair.  I like it a lot.  Also, Linkle with her two elbow-mounted crossbows is bad-ass. Cool

4. Molgera, Hyrule Warriors Legends

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Foyster.ignimgs.com%2Fmediawiki%2Fapis.ign.com%2Fhyrule-warriors%2Fd%2Fd4%2FGerudo_1_Heart_Container

I Never Played This Game Pt. 2, but that's okay: Molgera the monster doesn't appear in it either!  Molgera the music is a tremendous piece anyway: this time it evolves through three versions.  Firstly the original, secondly the standard-issue HW rock, and thirdly - finally - the glorious finale.  You should listen to the build-up Buska: I really think that third version would do it for you, but I'm not sure if it hits as hard without the first two.

3. Mother Maiamai, A Link Between Worlds

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 416px-Maiamai.bmp

Cute, fun, and a completely different mood for the rest of the list. Better version in the second half.

2. Lorule Field, A Link Between Worlds

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 A-Link-Between-Worlds-01

Obviously just a remaster of a tremendous piece, yet a tremendous piece which (as I said at the time) I can't stand the soundfont of in its original form.  All it need was a dress-up.  This keeps the original feel masterfully, and just makes it something I can bear.

1. Lorule Castle, A Link Between Worlds

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 Lorule-Castle-Entrance

Look, it's not ALBW's fault that the next Zelda down the line immediately released with the best castle music in the series.  It is at least a completely different beast to this, a glorious build-up from creeping into the castle to the final triumphant approach.  I love it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 3:15

Balladeer wrote:

- Nah, this is magical and you showed me that it actually does appear in game.  Just... again, not enough for me to pick it.  That's if I were picking any BotW tracks, which I'm not.  It's a Switch game for me.
Well, sure . . . if I were planning to only include BotW once Laughing

Quote :
This is a good variant of the main theme, but a variant of the same game has a better one!  
5. Linkle, Hyrule Warriors Legends
I loved Linkle and am very glad her tune is getting included. To me she's a Switch character as I only played the base game on Wii U and then the expansion on Switch. Relistening, though, what a tune!

Quote :
 I like it a lot.  Also, Linkle with her two elbow-mounted crossbows is bad-ass. Cool
They're just regular crossbows? That she holds in her hands?

Quote :
4. Molgera, Hyrule Warriors Legends
 You should listen to the build-up Buska: I really think that third version would do it for you, but I'm not sure if it hits as hard without the first two.
Oh, don't worry, not necessary: I did play this game and I remember it well!

Quote :
3. Mother Maiamai, A Link Between Worlds
Yasss! Love it when all the little voices come in!

Quote :
2. Lorule Field, A Link Between Worlds
I can't stand the soundfont of in its original form.  All it need was a dress-up.  This keeps the original feel masterfully, and just makes it something I can bear.
I don't have the same issue as you with the original, but will agree this is a banger.

Quote :
1. Lorule Castle, A Link Between Worlds
Decent.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 8:46

I still need to play the Linkle content, it was one of the main reasons I got HW on Switch, as the game was rough on 3DS.

My Nintendo Picross - The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 13:34

I resent TPicross too much to appreciate anything from it. I'm afraid I just completely forgot about TFH though! What an awkward game, requiring exactly two other people to get the most out of it. Looking back at Zero's week from the previous music thread, the Hinox theme made me laugh, and the tailor's theme is cut from the same cloth. Really strange interesting soundtrack from a game I wish I'd been able to experience properly.

Buskalilly wrote:
Quote :
 I like it a lot.  Also, Linkle with her two elbow-mounted crossbows is bad-ass. Cool
They're just regular crossbows? That she holds in her hands?

Duh! Seeing what I wanted to see there.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 20:48

This has been jolly fun y'all - sorry, only just catching up. The only thing that comes to mind: The Link's Crossbow Training theme sounds like they couldn't get the license for the actual Twilight Princess theme. It's a bit Flintstones Burgertime in Bedrock
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 22:22

Balladeer wrote:
I resent TPicross too much to appreciate anything from it.  
?
Was there some dodgy microtransaction nonsense or something I've forgotten about?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptySat 25 Dec 2021 - 17:13

Nothing so egregious as that! It was just a really by-the-numbers barebones dull version of picross (in the same vein as the Picross e sub-series that put me off the game) that they had the gall to put Midna all over. In doing so they did both picross and Midna a huge disservice. I played most of it and then wished I hadn't. It was free and was worth less than that.

Jimbob wrote:
The only thing that comes to mind: The Link's Crossbow Training theme sounds like they couldn't get the license for the actual Twilight Princess theme. It's a bit Flintstones Burgertime in Bedrock

How come they could get the licence to The Flintstones but not the song? Eh?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptySat 25 Dec 2021 - 22:34

Balladeer wrote:
 It was just a really by-the-numbers barebones dull version of picross
Oh. Huh.

Quote :
How come they could get the licence to The Flintstones but not the song? Eh?
Because intellectual property law is a mess and a joke.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyTue 28 Dec 2021 - 4:39

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 JzUoHZbowyTvZcwJjLQwWe-970-80.jpg

Ah.
The Nintendo Switch.
Blah blah blah, the story where I went to get my Switch and decided to move to Japan. You've all heard it, I have to tell it to a Japanese person at least twice a month . . .

5: Title and Dragon Hyrule Warriors DX - Switch Masato Koike, Yuki Matsumura
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 Hwde-8
When Rob and I were wrapping up the bonus missions of Hyrule Warriors and heard this jaunty celtic battle theme, we had a weird mix of being 100% into it but also belly laughing at it!

4: Link and Marin's Ballad of the Windfish Link's Awakening - Switch Ryo Nagamatsu
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 2019091613353100-9129043EF2AAD7F1157CF852BACB8F7D-800x450
Is it cheating to use this song again after I already used the Game Boy one? Not when it's this pretty.

3: Ancient Folklore Breath of the Wild - Switch Manaka Kataoka, Yasuaki Iwata, Hajime Wakai
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 B17509eb-7f9d-4c3c-a560-5e4310790b3d-legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_opening_screen-copy
Dramatic, historic and with a beautiful fusion of Japanese and European sounds, this music set the scene for BotW's epic stakes phenomenally well.

2: The Champion's Ballad Breath of the Wild - Switch Manaka Kataoka, Yasuaki Iwata, Hajime Wakai
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 Show
Balla and I did some posts about the Breath of the Wild soundtrack in this very threa, so here's something we didn't have back then: Kass' lovely song from the DLC.

1: Map Hyrule Warriors - Age of Calamity - Switch Kumi Tanioka, Reo Uratani, Ryotaro Yagi, Haruki Yamada
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 Original_3556a6c5a8307c22b05b9f0fa14a6db8
Age of Calamity was far from a perfect game, but at its heights, when I was listening to this main them, deciding where to go next as I fought off seemingly insurmountable odds, it delivered exactly what I wanted; the prequel to BotW.

Buska Bonus:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyTue 28 Dec 2021 - 21:26

Did the BotW DLC, have anything new? Can't think of anything else as SSHD be same as SS.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2021 - 7:05

I included one from the DLC Mas! Jeez . . .

I guess Skyward Sword may have some additional credits? Were there any secrets in the Game and Watch?

Also! I just thought - I bet Soul Calibur II had something you missed back on the Gamecube day!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2021 - 11:10

No idea my anniversary G&W still sealed.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2021 - 15:58

My situation on the Switch with Zelda (my Switchuation, if you will) has been rather awkward.  I haven't played, or listened to, anything really from the BotW DLC or AoC.  Legends is a 3DS game for me.  I played about half an hour of Cadence and I don't remember anything specific from it.  I played the whole of Link's Awakening and the only tune I remember, Buska's posted.  (And rightly so.)  And as Buska alludes to above, we've already done BotW in this very thread in detail.  I think the only thing I could really do is repair the links from my earlier BotW post - so that's what I've gone and done!  My top five, except actually Hyrule Castle would have made number 3.

Onto the pieces that we have:
- Very good;
- Very good;
- Very good... except it reminds me of the mushroom dance (I think?) from Fantasia;
- I don't like this one so much, the solo accordion doesn't do so much for me unless it's being vaguely mournful à la Layton.  The best, and only, piece I know from the DLC is the final boss of it.  Got nothing on Vah Naboris though, or even Kohga;
- This feels like a context pick.  I can hear how it would be really impressive while you're playing the game, turned up to max - almost cinematic;
- Finally, I don't really care for Mas' pick.  I had this problem with what I heard of Cadence of Hyrule in general: people would say how great a job it did with remixing Zelda songs, and I'd shrug at everything I heard.  It's not the only reason I didn't get on with the game, but it did contribute.

I need to listen to more of the AoC soundtrack, but I still reckon BotW's delivered the best Zelda tunes from this generation - for now...  (That BotW2 trailer music. Love )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0
Page 35 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next