Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz

Go down 
+8
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 7:52

I was right about both Andy and Balla would struggle, which has maintained my lead over those two. Now it's all about Cappa, maybe RPG round next then.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 9:14

Surprised at that! Many of my answers were pure guesswork - Chrono Trigger was a complete fluke.

For me, asking for the specific game in a series is what made that too tough. Nobody could be expected to remember if a random song is from Assassin's Creed 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (and so on). From a series, that's fairer, as you can get a flavour of what a series' music might sound like if you've played one or two of them, or it's well known, or if it's been around for a long time. That's how I was on the right track with Devil May Cry, Assassin's Creed and something else.

No JRPG quiz, bollocks to that. Maybe an Anagrams round? Example, MODO is an anagram of DOOM. Obviously, do less shite ones than that.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 10:10

Getting the wrong Smash Bros. was Duh! . The others... yep, I expected to do terribly and terribly I did.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 14:13

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

No JRPG quiz, bollocks to that. Maybe an Anagrams round? Example, MODO is an anagram of DOOM. Obviously, do less shite ones than that.

That isn't really a video game quiz to me or using any knowledge about a game or gaming, it's can you rearrange words, might as well be related to anything.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 15:05

You have to know game names to begin with, though Laughing

Although, if we're gonna go that way, rip off Sinister Bottom from BitSocket.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 15:11

I guess but because I can spell Metroid doesn't mean I know anything about it. I sooner have a question about it and get it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 15:31

I reckon the games would probably have names that are a bit more inteseresting than doom or Metroid tbh Mas

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 15:33

Metroid only round please. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 15:40

What like High School Photographer maybe? Student Times perhaps? School Days? (Oh wait, that’s already taken).

I think it's utter bobbins of a idea and sooner go with what Jas has said Metroid only as least that uses knowledge of games.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 15:52

I like the idea of doing something a bit different for a laugh, and I don't think "knowledge of video games" is such a lofty and holy ideal that we should defend it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 15:53

Laughing I was joking.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 15:59

The_Jaster wrote:
Laughing I was joking.  

I know you were but I also am 100% up for a Metroid round Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 16:48

Drunkalilly wrote:
I like the idea of doing something a bit different for a laugh, and I don't think "knowledge of video games" is such a lofty and holy ideal that we should defend it.

I'm happy to do what Jay want's but I'm just having my say that it's meant to be a video game quiz, not a spelling bee. I've got no issues with losing, hence why I'm happy to do Metroid or the like and something about video games, not a test of my English skills, which is hard due to my dyslexia (I guess it's that).

Why dubbed not subbed for me as well.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 23 Jun 2019 - 7:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 21:40

I'm just happy not to have come dead last for once Laughing
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 2:10

I'm quite gutted about that one, I knew I'd struggled but there was a few where I had the right series just the wrong game, the Twilight Princess one I'd convinced myself was Majora's Mask as well, Dig Dug and Resident Evil were glaringly obvious once I'd seen the answer as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 10:44

Fair enough with dyslexia, a word round isn't a good idea. But are you going to make any other suggestions, or are you just going to be a wee fanny about it?

~

What about another picture round? You could get cover art and block off the name off the box, or you could take some cover art and crop the picture so that we can only see a little bit of it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 10:50

Well my suggestion was themed rounds like JRPG, Metroidvania etc but a picture round would be good with boxart, as you remember the Master System boxes.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 14:19

I'd be dreadful at this but a riddle based round?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 14:49

Muss wrote:
I'd be dreadful at this but a riddle based round?

I'd love that!
That said, after a picture and music round, a standard question set would be okay again right?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 15:03

I like the riddle idea. The NOM forum did a really long riddles thread that I enjoyed, for all that I came second. Twice. Hissy fit

Failing that... yep, more straight-up questions would work.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 16:17

A riddle round will take a bit more work and time, so that'll be one for a future week. I like the box-art suggestion too, so I might be appropriating that for a later round too! As for Cappa's point about picking the series in a music round, I can get on board with that. I still want to reward the clever clogs who pick the exact game. Maybe a risk reward system could work - you can pick just the series for a single point, but if you're certain you know the exact game you can risk getting nothing should you be wrong for a chance at getting double points for that question.

Anyway, onto the next round!

I'm going for a more standard round this time - it's time for a Question of Character.

Or to be exact, name the game which features these characters. I've omitted the main character in most instances as including them may have made it too easy.

In regards to this, I won't be accepting cross-over games like Mario Kart and Smash as answers for this round. With trophies/stickers in Smash, you could feasibly use a Smash game for some of these questions but you'd be a nobber if you did, so don't do it.  Razz

And here... we... go.

EDIT: Had to tweak some of the questions, so please check your answers again!

EASY:

MEDIUM:

HARD:

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 18:09

I like that gambling with the points.

One idea I did have before and I did say to you Jay about it before is the bonus question idea. With this, we would all send Jay a question and he picks one to use, now let's say he picked mine which was what game did Amy Rose star in first? With the answer being Sonic CD.

If Cappa got that right he would earn a bonus point but Balla got it wrong, I would earn a bonus point.

My answers for this round :

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 23 Jun 2019 - 18:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Jay)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2019 - 0:27

EASY:

MEDIUM:

HARD:

Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2019 - 11:56

Twilight Princess! I thought it was Zelda but just couldn't place it Sad

But more importantly, can you all explain how you don't recognise the music from Dig Dug? That's like... not recognising Pac-man. Or Tetris.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2019 - 14:46

EASY:

MEDIUM:

HARD:
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next