We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$% You Off

Go down 
+27
LikesVideoGames
Solve My Maze
awesomedude
Rum
Buskalilly
Athrun888
nupkin
The Cappuccino Kid
ShadoWolf
fronkhead
oldschool
Xelviar
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
NintenDUCK
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
Xenos_Helia
shanks
The_Jaster
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
SuperPaperLink
Jimbob
Vidofnir
Balladeer
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyWed 12 Feb 2014 - 21:59

See the Gaming Thoughts thread. I feel your pain. Other forms of Youtube "wit":
  • "I like the part where (describes entire video)"
  • "[Main villains in franchise, chosen to align with the number of dislikes] disliked this!"
  • "I tink dis is best game thums up f u agre!"
  • Any mention of My Little Pony below a video that has nothing to do with My Little Pony.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyWed 12 Feb 2014 - 22:00

"What a great video man, really enjoyed it. But fuck religion."

CUE RELIGIOUS BICKERING.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyWed 12 Feb 2014 - 22:50

Oh but Jesus saves like every 15 min...

Anyhoo

OLD PEOPLE DRIVING!!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyWed 12 Feb 2014 - 22:52

masofdas wrote:
Tomorrow as it's my 1st day back at work after 18days off,
Masofdas, because he got 18 days off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2014 - 19:25

Nausea. On a possibly related note, my friend's green tea, that both looks and tastes like warm pondwater.

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 Matcha_tea
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2014 - 19:50

I think I'll stick to the PG Tips.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2014 - 20:57

I was going to put something but can't remember what I was going to put me off which pisses me off a bit.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2014 - 21:49

I hate the fact that the sense of accomplishment, and the feeling of excitement, that comes with beating a particularly tough section of videogame means nothing to anyone else. I bet a tough boss on Dark Souls earlier and I was running up and down my flat seeing along to Katy Perry feeling proper excited but it's not a like a real, actual accomplishment that I can ring someone up and share it with them.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 2:12

Buskalilly wrote:
I hate the fact that the sense of accomplishment, and the feeling of excitement, that comes with beating a particularly tough section of videogame means nothing to anyone else. I bet a tough boss on Dark Souls earlier and I was running up and down my flat seeing along to Katy Perry feeling proper excited but it's not a like a real, actual accomplishment that I can ring someone up and share it with them.

That pretty much sums up why I have no time for incredibly difficult games. Excessively tough levels give me game rage and it's exacerbated by the fact that what I'm doing is meaningless and nobody else cares about what I'm doing.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 7:49

Some games get it just right. Like I said, when I bet the boss I was super excited and it felt amazing, it just @$&#s me off that I can't share that feeling.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 8:25

These days I get myself through tough sections by thinking "I only have to beat it once. It can beat me loads of times, but I only have to beat it once". It's caused fewer instances of controller throwing, let me tell you!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 9:47

Buskalilly wrote:
Some games get it just right. Like I said, when I bet the boss I was super excited and it felt amazing, it just @$&#s me off that I can't share that feeling.

Yeah, I just don't get that feeling of excitement. Invariably by the time I actually beat the tough section I don't really care any more!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 11:15

There are two types of entertainment for me: "fun" and "satisfying". "Fun" is instant gratification; "satisfying" takes work, but you're prouder of the result than you would be of doing something "fun".

For me, games are definitely "fun". Even if I conquer a really hard boss or level, I won't feel more than a bit of "satisfaction", because I haven't achieved anything to be proud of and nobody else (or not many, anyway) are going to be impressed by it. This is why I'm quite prone to giving up on games that I'm struggling with - Mutant Mudds, for example, or S&P2.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 11:34

Balladeer wrote:
There are two types of entertainment for me: "fun" and "satisfying".  "Fun" is instant gratification; "satisfying" takes work, but you're prouder of the result than you would be of doing something "fun".

For me, games are definitely "fun".  Even if I conquer a really hard boss or level, I won't feel more than a bit of "satisfaction", because I haven't achieved anything to be proud of and nobody else (or not many, anyway) are going to be impressed by it.  This is why I'm quite prone to giving up on games that I'm struggling with - Mutant Mudds, for example, or S&P2.

Exactly! Which is why it's taking me so long to get through DKCR3D. For the most part it's completely doable, and then once in a while the difficulty spikes unexpectedly and it becomes a pain in the arse.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 12:55

Night shifts. I'm completely over them, yes I can sit here and play my 3DS all night but I kinda like sleeping of a night when it's slightly cooler then during the day especially during summer
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 18:25

How long it takes to ladder enough on pokemon showdown to start facing people that are consistently threatening.  So far after trying it out with the team I was using on pokemon online I've not lost once, and the lack of being threatened is really boring me. I'm a barely decent player and a even worse team builder, so I'd have thought I'd be having some sort of challenge.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 18:27

Do you post on Smogon, Athrun? If so, what's your username? I stalk the forum regularly.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 18:35

Nah, I'm more of a lurker like yourself.  If I was a better player than I am and had more self confidence I'd probably join, but as it is I just stroll through there every once in a while.

Edit: And now I was called a lame staller noob because I won because they didn't properly analyze what threats my team had and wasted all their physical sweepers while I still had a chancey.  So not only are my average opponents seemingly worse, they also have worse attitudes.   Meh
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014 - 23:05

Work,

I'm doing Xmas type hours at the moment and it's just urghh

We have a cake machine that let's you put a photo on a cake it's the easiest thing in the world to use, yet people come with there smartphones or memory cards and struggle to use the machine. Yet you can use more complicated tech which just annoys me or they know how to do it but don't bring me a cake to print it on from the shelf, it's like everyone things we have a infinite supply of them in the bakery.

Half-term because there's more dam kids screaming etc and jail-bait, that makes me sound like a perv but you get the 14-16 (I'm guessing) girls come in with there short shorts (hoping jay has that Simpsons episode as a gif) with enough make-up on they look about 17-19. Dress your age your 14 not 24 and in a nightclub or something.

Cars,

If you read the yesterday I bought thread I put I bought a MK 4 GTTDi anyway that fell through awhile ago, so been looking for something else and it's just a pain to find something for numerous regions such as time to go look, funds etc

I bet I can find more to moan about but not right now.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014 - 23:46

I want to make a "Mas is a pedo" joke but working in a supermarket myself, I totally get that. I could go on all day about idiots I have to deal with at work. I'll just say what I always say; when I come into power, the culls will be extensive.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014 - 16:40

My weight. Now I know what you're thinking how can a 16yr old boy hate his weight? Well he can. You see I way a modest 70.8kg (It *is* modest when you consider I'm 5ft 11inches). And in judo I'm placed in the weight category of under 73kg's which means in the week running up to competitions I can't eat tasty foods like cupcakes and those nameless yet yummy things my granny makes. It is just horrible. Trust me, I'm not now nor will I ever be a doctor, but trust me anyway.
Maybe if I get a haircut...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014 - 0:08

When people say "you just can't" instead of "you can't just". It's mostly an American thing, like "I could care less". Just makes me want to grab people by the ears and shout at them until they understand basic syntax.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014 - 8:51

Ooh, grammar peeves! As you all know, I have a lot of these ("your/you're" and "their/there/they're" used to be major ones, but they've been softened over the years), and I can't stand "I could care less" (could you? How much less, exactly?), but I haven't come across that particular one much.

NintenDUCK wrote:
My weight. Now I know what you're thinking how can a 16yr old boy hate his weight? Well he can. You see I way a modest 70.8kg (It *is* modest when you consider I'm 5ft 11inches). And in judo I'm placed in the weight category of under 73kg's which means in the week running up to competitions I can't eat tasty foods like cupcakes and those nameless yet yummy things my granny makes. It is just horrible. Trust me, I'm not now nor will I ever be a doctor, but trust me anyway.
Maybe if I get a haircut...

Another good reason to not do sports. I love cupcakes.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014 - 19:35

The stupid greeting people trot out "how are you?"  I am so sick and bloody tired of having this used as a standard greeting, nobody actually gives a fuck how the people they ask that question are, they just want to exchange a false pleasantry to break some sort of metaphorical ice.  And it pisses me off.  Nobody on the face of the bloody earth actually gives two shits about me, I'm well aware of this fact, so the last thing I need is some moron I've never even met physically or metaphysically but had the misfortune to be served by at a shop asking me "how are you today?" when I rarely feel happy and my mood on almost every single day of the year ranges from mildly agitated to the sort of place even the single person on earth that has no choice but to give two shits about me doesn't want to know the details.  

It's a dumb pointless way of greeting someone that is nothing short of a waste of oxygen.  It's a greeting you should keep for those you actually know and care about, not some random stranger you've just met and will never meet again, so for the love of god stop asking and start using the word "hello" which is what is actually intended.

And since I'm in one of those moods I'll add that youtube did yet another pointless stupid update to the cosmetics of their site and that I am almost as sick of pointless changes like this as I am the source of the above rant I just made.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014 - 20:02

See, I disagree with that viewpoint slightly. I ask my friends and family "how are you/how's things/how's tricks" because I'm genuinely wanting to know how they're keeping. I wouldn't hesitate to ask any of you lot the same, because I'd be genuinely interested to know how you're getting on. I do agree with you that it's a bit of a false pleasantry when shop attendants and so on ask.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$% You Off
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next