We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Dec 2020 - 11:49

I used the long sword exclusively in world so I'll be picking something else for this rodeo. Maybe duel swords and something else.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Dec 2020 - 16:21

This feels like one of those Facebook quizzes that gives all your data to Cambridge Analytica. 'Which MonHun weapon does your personality say you are?'
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Dec 2020 - 22:54

"You are.... LONGSWORD.

You are a weeb. Whilst the rest of your friends were out drinking and partying, you studied the blade."
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2020 - 11:45

-----

Both of these weapons are looking good but the most interesting part for me is no one knows what monsters are attached to these specific weapons and armour, which means we have two more brand new monsters bringing that total up to 8 or 9. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2020 - 13:27

The_Jaster wrote:
Aye I'm with Jay in saying that Hammer and SnS are good starting points, I'd also say that Great Sword, Lance and Dual blades teach you good habits of positioning and

Watched the Great Sword video you just posted and the Switch Axe, neither do anything for me.

Also sort booked holiday for this, as the week in January for my birthday is the last of the fiscal year I have left that I can use. I've gone and booked from the start of April off which is close to the games March 26th launch as I can get, it's about 10 days after launch so don't get to far ahead of me guys, as only so much I will be able to play unless I take my Switch to work with me, and I'll be playing some Balan as well around the same time.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2020 - 15:48

The Mash lads are inevitably gonna get ahead, especially as I have friends over here who will be playing too, but we'll totally be game to come back and help you or the others through earlier quests.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2020 - 17:06

Yep, I just remember with World we had a bit of an odd number playing that sometimes be Jay, Jas, Andy and Muss then sometimes me depending on who was about at what times.

Then if you're doing high rank and I'm still on low is a tad meh, sure going from this thread looks like a lot are picking that shouldn't be much of an issue, then if I've got a new Switch of some sort, I'll want to be using that new toy.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2020 - 22:34

Damn, the mobility on Greatsword is utterly bonkers. I played GS in MH4U but I honestly might be giving it another bash after seeing that video.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2020 - 1:57

I think my being offline hampered World a little - five is exactly the wrong number.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2020 - 10:04

Yeah and this time believe it's you, me, andy, jay, jas, muss, balla, smurf, eofgizmo, rum getting it at least. Should be someone always on or could get on it.

One of the reasons I've not played World on Xbox as it's in Game Pass but I know no one that plays it or would want to unless cross-save becomes enabled as EofGiz would play if he could continue on from his PS4 save.

Also watched today's weapons and do like the look of the horn, that I may give the demo a download and have a bash the weapons I like the look of.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2020 - 10:19

I might try my hand at a wee video with all the weapons if I can be arsed. I want to set up Switch streaming but probably won't be ready in time for the demo.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2020 - 13:49

The final two weapon videos.

----

Very intrigued by the Hunting Horn as it looks like the one weapon that's getting revamped the most, as it looked like it had new combo paths outside of the silkbind attacks that were shown. Charge Blade felt much like the IG video to me in terms of having nothing too flashy but both these weapons types can be a bit complex to get used to anyway so that's fine in my book as I know they will still be fun to play.

I'm honestly not sure what I'll be playing come the full release now so I'll be giving all weapons a proper go in the demo, one thing I am thinking of doing to begin with though is have one weapon for single player quests and another two to swap between on how I feel in multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2020 - 12:11

I'm guessing that I'm going to need to try each weapon out for myself to get a feel on how it plays, and that as a MonHun noob the videos aren't really going to help me. Meh
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2020 - 12:32

Yep, they are just flashy showcases and from what I've heard they don't even show everything each weapon can do so even those of us who've played MH before will have some stuff to learn.

As I said to mas the good starting points in terms of pick up and easy to get the basics are: Great Sword, Sword & Shield, Dual blades, Lance, Gunlance & Hammer BUT with that said definitely try them all as who knows maybe you will just click with a weapon that I think might be a little complex for a new player.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2020 - 13:28

I think I'd like to try to weapons this time out, a flashy one for single player and the horn. Might not get on with the horn at all but worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2020 - 14:49

The number of horn-related innuendi is going to be off the charts.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2021 - 10:31

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 20210111
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2021 - 12:46

Well, I've got a feeling I know what I'll be playing on the 7th and 8th . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2021 - 14:20

Same hopefully also I reckon if we get a special edition Switch which I hope it be announced in this Event
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2021 - 14:31

masofdas wrote:
Same hopefully also I reckon if we get a special edition Switch which I hope it be announced in this Event

It will be a switch lite 😉
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2021 - 15:03

Then I'll get a Animal Crossing one from work
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2021 - 16:17

So glad that we could have the demo by this weekend, as when I've went to play some games these last few days I've ended up moping about & doing nothing because I just want to play this so much.

EofGizmo wrote:
masofdas wrote:

It will be a switch lite 😉

I know you are winding mas up here but it probably will be a lite, everything just lines up too well unless they decided to do both a lite bundle and one for normal Switches as well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2021 - 22:58

I actually don't think it would be a Lite. This game is aimed at more hardcore players I think, and everyone has always said how perfectly Monster Hunter fits the hybrid playstyle. Like, we were psyched for this game back when the NX was just a rumour!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyWed 6 Jan 2021 - 9:24

Oh the game absolutely fits a hybrid console I just think that with this MH dev team mainly doing the portable versions of the series that a lite makes the most sense & that probably goes double for folk in Japan.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 EmptyWed 6 Jan 2021 - 17:38

Buskalilly wrote:
I actually don't think it would be a Lite. This game is aimed at more hardcore players I think, and everyone has always said how perfectly Monster Hunter fits the hybrid playstyle. Like, we were psyched for this game back when the NX was just a rumour!

I'm certainly not a hardcore Monster Hunter player but is the first game in yonks on Switch that I actually want to sit down and on a TV, because of the sort game Monster Hunter is.

There's also stuff around Rise as well like Bravely Default II that I'll play but that's something I would happy to play on my Lite much like I did with its predecessors on 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS
Page 5 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next