Sorry Persona, this forum is otherwise Engaged.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  Latest imagesLatest images  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder

Go down 
+13
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
Kriken
OrangeRakoon
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
masofdas
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2023, 18:16

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 18 Chained-echoes-11-08-22-1

Chained Echoes then.  For the five of us who like JRPGs, this was low-key raved about at the end of last year.  Even beyond those five actually: a lot of favourable comparisons were made with the likes of Chrono Trigger, as a love letter to an age of videogames before JRPGs went fully anime nonsense.  I can't quite get past how much it looks like CrossCode, a game by the same outfit that others loved (82 Metascore) and that I was cold on.  The narrative is much better at least, and I am enjoying the tricks it plays with normal turn-based battling to prevent a 'solved system'.  

Anybody else had a look at this?  It's on GamePass I believe.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2023, 18:48

Should look at it, but this type JRPG doesn't anything for me.

Downloads Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster right away.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Dark Sun
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 18 EmptyTue 17 Jan 2023, 11:23

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I’ve started Bayonetta 3 as well and I’ve just finished Chapter 4, but I can’t make any sense of what’s going on. It’s all gone a bit Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers –

Did someone listen to the Game Game Show GOTY episode, by any chance?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 18 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2023, 19:43

masofdas wrote:
Should look at it, but this type JRPG doesn't anything for me.

It doesn't for me really either - and yet I'm hooked. Really nice battle system in this. The new mechanic, keeping the meter in the Overdrive bar by judicious use of arts, makes this feel a lot more dynamic than your average takey-turny JRPG.

I'd actually say that the game doesn't have all that much else going for it. Bobbins art style, an epic plot let down by slightly odd writing, a strange level of divorce from the characters due to unexpressive art... and yet the battling has me absolutely hooked. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a great game, just an addictive one - but I reckon that, for those with a passing interest in RPGs of yesteryear, it's a no-brainer to wishlist or play off GamePass.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18