Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder

Go down 
+13
neil
gjones
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
Kriken
OrangeRakoon
Rum
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyFri 28 Oct 2022 - 2:54

Jay will play any old shite if it features a yound child in 8-bit Americana and some half-decent music.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyFri 28 Oct 2022 - 14:31

Hey, come on now... it's got to be at least 16-bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyFri 28 Oct 2022 - 20:03

C'mon, Omori is better than any old shit.

I'm not saying you're wrong mind Buska.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2022 - 22:13

masofdas wrote:
All the stats, not close to some of you but as you see I only play docked that all the travel hours or whatever not a thing for me, and I only really play the exclusives which I think more planned in 2022 then 2021 that I should see my time rise.  

Games played in 2021: 31
Games played in 2020: 22

New games started in 2021: 25

You enjoyed games from many different genres!
Action
Adventure
RPG
Platformer
Arcade

Your most played games in 2021:

Monster Hunter Rise
Hours played: 32

Monster Hunter Stories 2
Hours played: 30

Metroid Dread
Hours played: 24

Your total hours played in 2021: 178
Your total hours played in 2020: 119

How you used your Nintendo Switch:
99% Docked
1% Portable

You spent the most time playing games on: 15/07/2021, I played 56hrs in July which makes sense as 30hr would just been MHS2.

Stats are out for this year, they look a bit different from last year's how they're presented, but mine look like this

Games played 48, 17 more than last year

You enjoyed games from many different genres!
1. RPG 33%
2. Action 22%
3. Adventure 20%
4. Simulation 10%
5. Strategy 10%
6. Party 5%

Your most played games in 2022:
1. Xenoblade 3 68hrs
2. 13 Sentinels 36hrs
3. Pokémon Legends 33hrs
4. Pokémon Violet 33hrs
5. Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes 31hrs

Total hours played which it doesn't say, but I added the 48 games up which came to 547hrs (Then doesn't show demos this year, so that's another 5hrs for DioField for instance) that is some increase from last year's 178hrs, in this year of the Switch.

I would think this is the most I've ever played Switch in a year. Next year can see it going down, though do plan to play FEngage, Kirby Wiimaster, Bayo Origins, Zelda TotK that's a good few hours right there.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptySat 17 Dec 2022 - 8:09

Pokemon Scarlet, Pokemon Legends Arceus and Two Point Campus were my most played, at 33hrs, 28hrs and 26 hrs respectively. I played 87 different games in total, but well more than half of these were for two hours or less. I’ve completed quite a lot of stuff though, short games are king.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptySun 18 Dec 2022 - 17:59

I played 51 games, crashing down from 63 last year.  Feels about right.

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 Ninten10

This also feels about right.  If anything RPGs feel too low.

Most played games:
6. (because I love it and it deserves to be shown) Beast Breaker 51h
5. Blue Reflection Second Light 57h
4. Grindstone 80h
3. Xenoblade 1 89h
2. Pokémon Legends 104h
1. Xenoblade 3 167h
Quality not quite according with playtime since that's a 6/10 replay taking third place, but the top two are where they should be.  Yes that's five RPGs (and a puzzle game, which presumably takes up most of those 10% on its own).  Beast Breaker could be considered 'arcade' I suppose. I played a fair few shorter games too.

The stats are quite bad this year.  No total playtime, no monthly breakdown, no docked/undocked%.  No big deal but a little disappointing.

Oh, and to bolster RPG stats more The Lady and I have just started playing Divinity 2 in co-op.  I think that the only WRPG I've played more than two hours of to date is West of Loathing, so we'll see how this goes!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptySun 18 Dec 2022 - 18:02

You saying Xenoblade DE is a 6/10?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptySun 18 Dec 2022 - 18:37

I am if you've already played the game on Wii, so a lot of the wonder (especially at the wide spaces that are the game's best asset) is lost. Even more if you've also finished the sequel, which has the better battle system - not that it wants you to know it. I'd say it's probably still an 8/10 if you're coming to it fresh though.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptySun 18 Dec 2022 - 18:51

That 6/10 ranks 11th on my Switch, im not sure what it was that stopped me playing it but I don't see myself returning to it with some of the games out next year.
What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 Ninten11

A fairly quiet year for me Switchwise with only 41 games played and only one of them over 30 hours.

5. Eastward 19 hours
4. Octopath Traveler 23 hours
3. SNES NSO Online 26 hours
2. Return to Monkey Island 27 hours
1. Pokémon Legends Arceus 114 hours

I imagine Pokémon Violet would have been in the top 5 if it went until the end of December.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptySun 18 Dec 2022 - 18:56

Treesmurf wrote:
That 6/10 ranks 11th on my Switch, im not sure what it was that stopped me playing it but I don't see myself returning to it with some of the games out next year.
Despite my playtime I probably felt similar, but still absolutely loved 3. Just FYI. Shifty

Seeing Eastward in any form of top five is a bit of a strange moment! Much like the game itself I suppose. How did you get on with Octopath?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptySun 18 Dec 2022 - 19:07

I think it's testament to how little I've played Switch, I've managed quite a few short games but my attempts to start anything longer have been halted. Octopath was one of those games, it got the point of grinding which I don't mind too much but I think I'd played too much in a short space of time that I got a bit burnt out on it. That aside it's a solid rpg, great art style and I enjoyed the battle system too, a less disjointed story probably would have helped me push through a bit more, that I could see myself returning to one day though, probably before the second one releases.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptySun 18 Dec 2022 - 22:08

I think that's fair, to me it's another 6/10 RPG! It does look like the sequel's going to patch up some of the issues, like that disjointed story, to an extent. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyThu 22 Dec 2022 - 11:00

Most played:
1. Dragon Quest Builders 2 (59h)
2. Pokemon Legends: Arceus (44h)
3. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (40h)
4. Stardew Valley (27h)
5. Hades (21h)

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 Screen15

Top genres are suspiciously similar to Balla. I think Pokemon Scarlet will actually be in 4th place now but I guess I played a lot of it after these stats came out!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2022 - 16:59

And we've both got beards now too! And nobody's ever seen us in the same room together! Afraid
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyThu 29 Dec 2022 - 15:04

For Christmas I got the Atari 50 collection. I don't think there's a separate topic, so I'll just add it here that I'm playing it - albeit the "playing" is in small chunks (and a lot of the early stuff isn't something I could recommend as a cool retro title!); mostly I'm enjoying the documentary stuff, and the re-imagining games that have been jammed in (and are better than other efforts to revamp e.g. asteroids in the last 45 years)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 11:26

I've just started Lunistice and flipping heck I hate the art. I'm guessing it's meant to harken back to the PS1 era? Does anybody have nostalgia for the 3D graphics of the PS1 era!? N64 I can just about see, big blocky polygons, but PS1? Surely not!? Anyway, it actually makes my eyes hurt. As for how it plays, it's clearly a speedrunning platformer but at the moment Hana doesn't feel like she has the natural athletic grace of Neon White's, er, Neon White. I'll persevere a bit, but I must admit it's not made a good first impression.

Otherwise it's all JRPGs. As usual.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 11:33

I think it's specifically Sega Saturn styled but I do completely get your feelings towards it. I like it but purely because of nostalgia and it's a short game. 15 hours of it and I'm sure it'd be too much even for me 😅
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 11:57

Oh wow, I'm even more surprised that nostalgia exists then!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 12:05

It looks like what a more platformer like of Nights might have been, the sequel is going to be more Dreamcast style that I'm thinking SA2 etc for that.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2023 - 15:30

Balladeer wrote:
I've just started Lunistice

You popped up on my Friends List the other day as “Now Playing: Lunistice” and I immediately said to myself ‘what the fuck is he playing that for?’.

~

Being honest, Lunistice didn't make the best first impression on me. I didn't think the first few levels offered much, basically. Seeing this tweet by it's creator put that mood into context a bit though:

https://twitter.com/AGrumpyFox/status/1605585645384208384

If it’s acknowledged that Lunistice was only ever designed to “have a bunch of people have a good and chill time for a little while”, I think it’s impossible not to admire it. I just finished my first playthrough of it on Hogmanay and I really respect what its small development team accomplished. I remember Nintendo Life’s review saying something similar, pointing out that it was marketed as “short and simple” (or something like that). That does it a disservice, I thought it turned into a genuinely great game. I'm looking forward to seeing what's next from A Grumpy Fox.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2023 - 10:15

I tried the Lunistice demo just before Christmas and wasn't convinced on the first couple stages but that changed by the third one & I instantly bought it afterwards.

I've been wanting to play shorter games recently so I think I'll play through it later today.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2023 - 21:30

I got to the fourth level last night and I didn't see it getting any better unfortunately. I will say I thought it was a decent 'no energy, empty head' kind of game, but I thought that about the first Voice of Cards.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
You popped up on my Friends List the other day as “Now Playing: Lunistice” and I immediately said to myself ‘what the fuck is he playing that for?’.

He's playing that for the reason that Neon White is one of his highlights of the year, so he thought maybe he'd get on with another highly regarded linear 3D platformer with a speedrunning focus. He was wrong. If you do enjoy Lunistice you really should pick up Neon White if you haven't (and skip basically all the dialogue).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2023 - 6:59

I'm about halfway through Bayonetta 3. I have criticisms and I think overall my Bayonetta list is a pretty linea 1 > 2 > 3, but we're talking small margins. It's a banger.

Also Ghost, the song that plays in Viola's battles, is absolutely lodged in my head.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2023 - 14:46

It's a great tune Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2023 - 18:00

I’ve started Bayonetta 3 as well and I’ve just finished Chapter 4, but I can’t make any sense of what’s going on. It’s all gone a bit Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers – why am I suddenly able to summon Dragonzord and all his dobber pals? It would be easier for me to translate Chinese to Japanese than it is for me to understand Bayonetta 3’s story and gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder
Page 17 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next