We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switch Pro Speculation Thread

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
Muss
The_Jaster
masofdas
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Kriken
gjones
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

4k on telly, nicer screen, frame rates tidied up, home screen music. £300. Would you?
Yep, give me that Pro!
Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 Vote_lcap67%Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 8 ]
I'd wait for a sale/bundle.
Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Not right now, but maybe down the line...
Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 Vote_lcap25%Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Switch Pro is a bad idea and I hope it doesn't happen.
Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 Vote_lcap8%Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
neil
Wii U Port
neil

Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch Pro Speculation Thread   Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Oct 2021 - 15:36

The Switch Pro / Switch 2 speculation is back! But this time it's revolving around worries that it won't have backwards compatibility with the Switch.

How would you feel if Switch 2 leaves your digital purchases locked to an old console?

(How about a new poll?)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Pro Speculation Thread   Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Oct 2021 - 15:53

It's Nintendo and next the system could be something you control with your feet for all we know.

If more like a PS4 to PS5 then it needs to have backwards compatibility, especially when Sony gets ripped apart for the BC compared to Xboxes more PC like approach, which should be all should be doing now.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 15 Oct 2021 - 0:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Switch Pro Speculation Thread   Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Oct 2021 - 15:58

I would definitely expect it not to be backwards compatible because I don't trust Nintendo enough to deliver that. It'll receive a best of Switch set of rereleases and we'll all lap it up regardless.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Switch Pro Speculation Thread   Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Oct 2021 - 16:10

masofdas wrote:
Is Nintendo and next the system could be something you control with your feet.

If more like a PS4 to PS5 leap then it needs backwards compatibility, especially when Sony get ripped apart for the BC compared to Xboxes more PC like approach.

It is sounding more like the latter (PS4->PS5 style) if you believe the reports and speculation.

I don't know how much I believe them. The Bloomberg story said publishers were wondering why the new system isn't already released. But looking at the OLED release and the 2022 Switch release calendar, it's hard to believe a new console was once planned for this year.

I do want that BC in the new Switch though. It's probably not a deal breaker, but it would be nice. Wii U, 3DS, and Wii all had BC.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Pro Speculation Thread   Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Oct 2021 - 16:36

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I would definitely expect it not to be backwards compatible because I don't trust Nintendo enough to deliver that. It'll receive a best of Switch set of rereleases and we'll all lap it up regardless.

Bingo
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch Pro Speculation Thread   Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Oct 2021 - 16:41

I obviously had no issues with no Wii U backwards compatibility with the Switch having not owned the former, but I'd be pretty miffed if there wasn't Switch backwards compatibility for the eventual Switch 2/Pro. I actually consider a pretty big selling point for consoles these days - being able to go back and play some of the PS4 titles I'd missed but with improved framerates and resolutions thanks to the power of the PS5 was a real bonus. Being able to play the likes of Breath of the Wild in 60fps with a new machine would be a tasty prospect indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Switch Pro Speculation Thread   Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Oct 2021 - 16:59

JayMoyles wrote:
I obviously had no issues with no Wii U backwards compatibility with the Switch having not owned the former, but I'd be pretty miffed if there wasn't Switch backwards compatibility for the eventual Switch 2/Pro.

I had a Wii U, and I owned a bunch of digital games for it like Mario Kart and 3D World, but since the Wii U's terrible online system couldn't go on into a new gen, and the Switch couldn't possibly read discs, it seemed reasonable that it wasn't BC.

Some kind of loyalty discount for Wii U owners would've been nice but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch Pro Speculation Thread   Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Oct 2021 - 23:50

I'd like a Switch 2to have backwards compatability, but I won't be shocked if it doesn't. And I'll have to skip the internet/ podcasts for a couple of weeks because everyone will drone on about how terrible it is and I just won't care.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Pro Speculation Thread   Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 15 Oct 2021 - 0:05

What about preservation though?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch Pro Speculation Thread   Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 15 Oct 2021 - 10:54

Preserve your dang Switch!

Also, Nintendo love rereleasing every damn thing so preservation is hardly an issue.

But really, like I said: I don't care. Not saying it's right or wrong, just that I don't care. I don't have the energy to invest any amount of emotion into these things.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Pro Speculation Thread   Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 15 Oct 2021 - 11:04

The convenience of backwards compatibility is nice but the Switch won't be hard to keep around as a set up for whatever the next Nintendo console might be.

masofdas wrote:
What about preservation though?

Buskalilly wrote:
Preserve your dang Switch!

Also, Nintendo love rereleasing every damn thing so preservation is hardly an issue.

But really, like I said: I don't care. Not saying it's right or wrong, just that I don't care. I don't have the energy to invest any amount of emotion into these things.

I know it can be a sticky point for some folk (newly released games especially) but there's always emulation if you really care about game preservation.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Pro Speculation Thread   Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 15 Oct 2021 - 11:24

Yeah I'm not for emulation.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Pro Speculation Thread   Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 16 Oct 2021 - 12:15

OH NO NOT SWITCH PRO AGAIN Buska where's that Bloomberg meme?

I am big on board the 'backwards compatibility should be a must' train, especially for downloadable libraries. Part of that's my falling-apart Switch.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Switch Pro Speculation Thread   Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon 25 Oct 2021 - 14:55

I love the BC on Xbox. It's incredible. I've downloaded Geometry Wars, Daytona USA, Pac-Man CE & DX and some others that I bought TEN YEARS ago. Xbox has really nailed it. The whole platform is great tbh.

If I can't even play my Switch backlog on the new one, that would be crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch Pro Speculation Thread   Switch Pro Speculation Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch Pro Speculation Thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4