The Delta Plus variant of GNamer spreads twice as fast - that's two new users a year!

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play

Go down 
+5
Balladeer
The_Jaster
Muss
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play   PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Sep 2021 - 12:51

£33 for some premium bundle with first thing in that not coming to November oof
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play   PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Sep 2021 - 17:20

Not good but that's not exactly uncommon for most free to play games, is it? I never go for these kinds of bundles/microtransactions anyway & I was put off more by the leaked gameplay footage a week ago.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Steel Samurai
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play   PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 13:18

I got round to downloading eFootball 22 last night and I played a few games against the computer. It seems as shabby as I’d heard, and it was a bad decision to release it in this condition. Build-up play was boring, the AI was mad, the animation and controls felt stodgy and I saw a couple of graphical bollock-ups of my own. This is nothing like PES right now. It’s much more like one of those random low-budget PS2 football games, where they’d spent all their money on photographing James Beattie in a JJB Sports tracky to appear on the box.

The thing is though, that I want to see how it develops, and I think this free-to-play model has loads of potential. It’s surely got to get much better, right?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play   PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 16:09

To make things a bit weirder I know of some PES youtubers who got early access at an event a few weeks before the release and apparently played a build that was much further along than this one.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Monkey-in-a-Ball
Muss

PostSubject: Re: PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play   PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 18:05

That's really weird. I hope it does get better. The idea of a good free to play footy game that's cross platform is a good one in theory, but I was dreading the execution and then this happened. If things do improve one day then I wouldn't mind at least giving it a go.

Thank God they weren't charging for it off the bat, think that would've killed it right there but at least as things stand you could look at this as a poorly communicated beta maybe?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play   PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Oct 2021 - 19:23

@Muss wrote:
Thank God they weren't charging for it off the bat, think that would've killed it right there but at least as things stand you could look at this as a poorly communicated beta maybe?

Yeah, smurf said he sees it as a beta in another topic & maybe that's what Konami meant by saying it was to be "like a demo" than anything else. Also I just read that update 0.9.1 is due on the 28th which confirms it as a beta, doesn't it?

Not really going to keep a close eye on it but I'll likely check it out again once it get's to or past a full 1.0 launch.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play   PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Oct 2021 - 13:22

Trouble with releasing in this state is even if you make massive improvements later, your game is forever tainted with how it was when it came out. Konami's dropped the ball massively here.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play   PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Oct 2021 - 17:04

Said elsewhere could be next No Man's Sky or Final Fantasy XIV.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play   PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Oct 2021 - 18:06

@Balladeer wrote:
Trouble with releasing in this state is even if you make massive improvements later, your game is forever tainted with how it was when it came out.  Konami's dropped the ball massively here.

Yeah you always at least want a strong base to build on and this version is just so shaky but with that said in the world of early access/free to play there has probably been games brought back from the brink. It's just going to take years to do it if at all.

@masofdas wrote:
Said elsewhere could be next No Man's Sky or Final Fantasy XIV.

I can't say for FF but weren't the reviews for No man's sky very mixed?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play   PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Oct 2021 - 18:26

Not really from what I remember and now those games are very different are were turned around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play   PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PES is dead, eFootball goes free-to-play
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2