We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?

Go down 
+34
Raxicori
EofGizmo
Muss
OrangeRakoon
DarrenK
Fastpie
kitsuneyo
Zaphod_B
Rum
Bampi
Cube
Athrun888
nupkin
oldschool
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
mandlecreed
fronkhead
shanks
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Solve My Maze
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
Admin
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyWed 01 Jun 2016, 00:03

Having seen to Bayonetta (oo-er missus), I've had a day or two with my palate cleanser of choice: Super Mario Maker. I think it's going to be a tradition now - after beating a disc game, I'll have a bit of SMM before choosing what to go on/back to. At the moment I'm thinking it'll be Bayonetta 2 (the alternative was The Wonderful 101, which may well come next in a Platinum triple bill).
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyWed 01 Jun 2016, 08:37

Made a start on Runbow, I can only imagine it gets hectic in multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyWed 01 Jun 2016, 21:53

Treesmurf wrote:
Made a start on Runbow, I can only imagine it gets hectic in multiplayer.

We did a handful of games of Runbow a few weeks ago, and it was good fun. We could arrange for some more sometime?

~

I'm playing Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash again. There's not enough anything. We're six months removed from it's release, and there's been no chat whatsoever about DLC. What a waste.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyWed 01 Jun 2016, 22:19

MTUS was so shoddily received that Nintendo's probably decided to cut their losses and move on. With good reason: when I'm not buying a Mario Tennis game, you know it's dire.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyWed 01 Jun 2016, 22:27

It's a sad case of needing something to have on the shelves for the Christmas period. A bad game is bad forever indeed! Sad
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyWed 01 Jun 2016, 22:30

It was so shoddily recieved because Nintendo decided to move on nine months too early into it's development. That's why they've cut their losses. The core gameplay is great...but, right enough, everything else around it is dire.

It could have been a very good game. How much effort could it have taken for Nintendo to Splatoon it?

It's coming down to the price (£14.99 in HMV) where I feel that anybody buying it shouldn't feel too badly fleeced. Disappointed, yes, but if you've got folk to play with in local multiplayer then I imagine that it's just as good as it could have been on N64, GameCube and the rest.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyThu 02 Jun 2016, 11:33

They'd have needed to DLC in at least a couple of substantial one-player modes for me to have any interest in it, which I don't believe they did in, say, Splatoon. In addition to more characters and courts and stuff.

Perhaps if they'd said that more was coming from the start, like they did with 'Toon, more people would have bought it and then it would have been worth DLC-ing up, so more people would have played it etc. Creating a non-vicious cycle.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptySat 04 Jun 2016, 09:40

True - all the new modes in Splatoon were for online play. Maybe more development time was the only thing that was going to rescue MTUS. No

My Wii U playtime is divided between Bayonettoo and Golden Sun. Both highly enjoyable in their own right. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016, 20:51

Mighty No. 9 is currently in my Wii U disc slot. There's shades of Rodea the Sky Soldier and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric with this one: it's fucking mince.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016, 21:02

Is it really that bad? I'd heard it was just appallingly average.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016, 17:26

I'd say so. I'd go as far as to say that it's worse than Sonic Boom - it's reptitive, glitched, dull and uninspired in the same way, but knowing that the developer has completely conned well-meaning gamers out of over $4m to release it makes me hate all that much more. Truthfully, taht's probably where most of my distaste for Mighty No 9 comes from, as you can't see where that money went at all. Yet even if it cost a hundredth of what it did, I'd still say that it impresses me on no level whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptySun 03 Jul 2016, 10:12

I finally got back to trying to play ZombiU again, having deliberately not buying Mighty No. 9 after all this ^ Sad. I died twice in the same room, but, on returning each time, both the zombie of my previous character, and the online version that's supposed to "invade" other people's games, were there. So I quadrupled my item count. Oh UbiSoft! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptySun 03 Jul 2016, 10:57

I should go back to ZombiU. Of all the games I've got on Wii U, that's the one that I don't feel I've given a fair chance. Does anybody know if they made any improvements to it when they ported it to PS4? I've got it there too.

I'm just about finished with Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - which maybe isn't as good as I initially thought it was - and I'll be moving onto Fast Racing Neo next.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptySun 03 Jul 2016, 16:33

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I should go back to ZombiU. Of all the games I've got on Wii U, that's the one that I don't feel I've given a fair chance. Does anybody know if they made any improvements to it when they ported it to PS4? I've got it there too.

I'll be moving onto Fast Racing Neo next.

You can't polish a turd Cappa, FRN is rather good and I've met one of the designers on the game.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptySun 03 Jul 2016, 16:48

ZombiU is all right, definitely worth kinder words than that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptySun 03 Jul 2016, 20:21

I hear it's a good port & that they added in a bunch of other melee weapons too (not just a cricket bat) but many still say the better experience is on wii U.

----

I had a wee go on Mario Maker a few days ago, mainly played the event courses which I hadn't done before & the highlights were the shaun the sheep level along with the ones made by Arino of Gamecenter CX.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptySun 03 Jul 2016, 22:02

The Shaun the Sheep level was designed by James Bowden, dontchaknow.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyMon 04 Jul 2016, 00:01

I didn't know that, his metroid themed level is a big favourite of mine on that game too.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyWed 06 Jul 2016, 22:04

ZombiU is all right, definitely worth kinder words than that.
Speaking of which, I just bashed your brains in. Er... sorry.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyWed 06 Jul 2016, 23:19

That has just gone into the Rainbow Tagline Super Backlog, Jimbob. Thumbs Up! Thanks to Ubisoft for making all of this possible. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016, 12:21

DoPoooooooooo! DoPo in the dungeon.

Just thought you'd want to know.

Winky Face

The point? I've gone back to my roots and am playing Inazuma Eleven Strikers, the Wii game. It's much more arcade-y than the handheld games but still has the same wacky DNA and characters. I do miss that loveable bunch of misfits...
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyFri 15 Jul 2016, 00:42

I'm finally getting around to playing through Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze which so far is an incredible game! Oh and Mario Kart 8.....still play that a couple times a week. More DLC? Please? Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyFri 15 Jul 2016, 17:29

Pokken is on the go fairly regularly still, and I really am meaning to play Zelda more...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyFri 15 Jul 2016, 19:47

I really mean to turn the Wii U on, as I do really want to play TMS#FE.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 EmptyMon 18 Jul 2016, 09:09

Picked me up Nova-111 for 80p, Cappastyle, in the frankly ridiculous Curve Digital megasale. It seems good fun so far: it's giving me a Hydroventure vibe (the Wii original, not Spin Cycle), even though the aesthetic and gameplay are totally different.

Strange, the connections you make sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?
Page 23 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 39  Next